Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A New Year and A New Toy (OP-Z) and some New Music

edited January 2019 in Creations

Having some fun with a new addition to the family and here's the result:

Comments

• I'm really getting into the sound of this... Is it all OP-Z or are there a lot of IOS Apps added into the final results.

Engineered by Teenagers? They must be geniuses to graduate and start a company while in their Teens, huh?

• @McDtracy said:
    I'm really getting into the sound of this... Is it all OP-Z or are there a lot of IOS Apps added into the final results.

Engineered by Teenagers? They must be geniuses to graduate and start a company while in their Teens, huh?

Thanks. It’s all iOS. I used the OP-Z to sequence them in AUM.

• @echoopera said:
    It’s all iOS. I used the OP-Z to sequence them in AUM.

Cool. So for $600 I can replace @Xequence in my workflow?

• @echoopera said:

@McDtracy said:
    I'm really getting into the sound of this... Is it all OP-Z or are there a lot of IOS Apps added into the final results.

Thanks. It’s all iOS. I used the OP-Z to sequence them in AUM.

Awesome. I have on the way and am planning to use it the same way.

• @McDtracy said:

@echoopera said:

Yup and then some. 🤪💗

• @echoopera said:

@McDtracy said:

@echoopera said:

Yup and then some. 🤪💗

So Mister Opera: Easy learning/flow/uptake/happy?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@McDtracy said:

@echoopera said:

Yup and then some. 🤪💗

So far i am really enjoying the workflow and features. As a sequencer it’s really robust and flexible. Let’s put it this way, I may offer up the Elektron Octatrack MKII for sale because of what i can do sequencing wise with it. 🤫💕

• edited January 2019

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@McDtracy said:

@echoopera said:

Yup and then some. 🤪💗

So far i am really enjoying the workflow and features. As a sequencer it’s really robust and flexible. Let’s put it this way, I may offer up the Elektron Octatrack MKII for sale because of what i can do sequencing wise with it. 🤫💕

I’m totally surprised!
    You really think about to exchange the Octatrack MKII with the OP-Z because of the sequencer power?

I’m wondering is there no sequencer in the iOS world who can compete with the OP-Z?
    I always ask myself what is more worthy, spending 599.-€ in an OP-Z or investing 599.-€ in dozens of high end IOS apps? 😎

I’m happy you love your new toy @echoopera !
    Have fun! 😊👍

• edited January 2019

@chandroji said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@McDtracy said:

@echoopera said:

Yup and then some. 🤪💗

I’m totally surprised!
    You really think about to exchange the Octatrack MKII with the OP-Z because of the sequencer power?

I’m wondering is there no sequencer in the iOS world who can compete with the OP-Z?
    I always ask myself what is more worthy, spending 599.-€ in an OP-Z or investing 599.-€ in dozens of high end IOS apps? 😎

I’m happy you love your new toy @echoopera !
    Have fun! 😊👍

Heheh. I know a lot of my enthusiasm is new gear induced, but so far it’s everything i wanted it to be for sequencing. It’s like Teenage Engineering focused on making a great sequencer, and delivered on that goal. 16 channels of sequencing from a device this small is just nuts.

Super portable and able to compose as stand alone is fantastic.

• Here’s another little experiment running the little synth of power into AUM with some fx and performance fun:

• ‪Unlocking a little bit more each day with this powerhouse of a Groovebox:

• edited February 2019

Really, really nice stuff. So happy you're posting on here, and if anyone doesn't know about Echo Opera's record, "Silence + Echoes," I recommend it highly. It's as if Richard James had the benefit of listening to My Bloody Valentine before he started making music. It's in my playlist alongside Pantha du Prince and Rival Consoles. It's really good.

Now the practical stuff:
    @echoopera, do you think the OP-Z brings something (flow? inspiration? weird timbres?) that you can't find by sequencing either in Modstep, say, or on Ableton? Does it play well with your Digitakt? At some point, I'd love to see a schematic of where all these pieces of gear live in the signal chain.

Keep up the good stuff, man.

• @ExAsperis99 Dang man...nicest compliment in a long time as those are two of my favorite bands...glad you can hear their influences coming through :)

As far as the OP-Z bringing something...well, I find that serendipity and experimentation happens a lot more often with it...much in the same way the Digitakt and Octatrack breeds this when composing.

I love Modstep...but wish it had a few more features, like Probability and Per Step automation...I predict that it will get there at some point provided they listen to me :pensive:

Ableton is bread and butter...but I'm not always on my laptop, so the OP-Z, iOS iPad pairing is a great platform.

Anyhoo...thanks again for the compliment...gives me plenty of fuel for my fire...much appreciated :)

• Another day another little experiment with this little gem:

Thanks in advance for giving it a listen.

• @echoopera said:
    ‪Unlocking a little bit more each day with this powerhouse of a Groovebox:

Very nice!

• @echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@McDtracy said:

@echoopera said:

Yup and then some. 🤪💗

Whoo...strong words there haha. I’ve only used the ot as an ipad sequencer 1 or 2 times. It’s great at it but cables and audiocard etc needed. When i am using the ipad i prefer to be truly mobile and usually just use it alone for the brunt of the creation process, adding controllers and whatever else right at the end when i’m going to make a video, but until that moment i want to be freeeeee. That’s why the opz is so great. Freedom but control.

Have you figured out what step component behaves mostly like an elektron conditional trigger?

• @vpich said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@McDtracy said:

@echoopera said:

Yup and then some. 🤪💗

Whoo...strong words there haha. I’ve only used the ot as an ipad sequencer 1 or 2 times. It’s great at it but cables and audiocard etc needed. When i am using the ipad i prefer to be truly mobile and usually just use it alone for the brunt of the creation process, adding controllers and whatever else right at the end when i’m going to make a video, but until that moment i want to be freeeeee. That’s why the opz is so great. Freedom but control.

Have you figured out what step component behaves mostly like an elektron conditional trigger?

Hahah. Call you it new gear delusion🤪

I’m using the last Step Component to simulate the OT Trig conditionals. It’s not percentile based but it does allow you to specify how often in the sequence to play. Watch this Cuckoo movie for better insight:

• @echoopera cool thanks. Just watched the last part of the video and saw this. I usually like cuckoo’s videos a lot but this one is tough, more arcade sounds than normal and difficult to hear what is happening with the step components.

• Congrats on your new addition🎉

• @vpich said:
    @echoopera cool thanks. Just watched the last part of the video and saw this. I usually like cuckoo’s videos a lot but this one is tough, more arcade sounds than normal and difficult to hear what is happening with the step components.

Hahah...yeah, I always tune out the music and just focus on what he's doing to get things running :) Selective Focus is a god send :P

• @echoopera said:
    Another day another little experiment with this little gem:

Thanks in advance for giving it a listen.

Always love your creativity and I enjoy listening your tracks @echoopera !
    Nicely done! 😊👍

I’m now for two months with the OP-Z and I really love this little beast! So tiny but so powerful in the right hands. I already had a LOT of fun with it up to now. I can not say that I understand everything what the OP-Z can do, there is still a lot of try and error while exploring the possibilities but I can say this little thing brings a lot of fun while using it.

I’ve watched all the helpful videos from Cuckoo to understand more but one of the best videos I’ve seen so far is this one...

May you have seen this already, if not... enjoy... 😊

OP-Z - The First Seven Days

• @chandroji Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated it.

Red Means recording will be releasing a whole bunch of mini tutorials over the next several weeks. Here's his first one:

Exciting times we live in :)

• @echoopera said:
    @chandroji Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated it.

Red Means recording will be releasing a whole bunch of mini tutorials over the next several weeks. Here's his first one:

Exciting times we live in :)

So frustrating though. Photomatic was working and now i couldn’t get it going.

• Getting on a bit with the OP-Z and Korg Electribe Wave on this one:

• edited February 2019

And you guessed it...another one. This time messing around with Step Components to randomize things a bit:

• Heck yeah! Loving your tracks with this thing. Now that I know I can master tune the lil bugger in cents I’m all in, and plotting my acquisition. It’ll probably be September or so before I can swing one. Your work with it is definitely inspiring!

• @Gaia.Tree Thanks for the kind words. Just trying to share my spirit via my notes from this part of the world ya know :) I think you're going to have a great time with it. So far it's been a blast to use...and combining it with Electribe Wave has been a lot of fun as well.

Here's another little experiment from last night getting a lot of use out of Step Components to make a rather simple single Project session feel a little bit more than the sum of its parts.

• edited February 2019

Just excellent.

Here's the $599 question. Is the sequencing ability of the OP-Z more fluid/inspiring that KEW's built-in capabilities? Does it take you somewhere else? I must say, on first impression it looks ridiculous, but everyone who uses it is visibly engrossed in the thing. Very tempting. (Makes me think the price hike on the OP-1 is purely to drive sales of the OP-Z, which suddenly seems like a total bargain.)

• @ExAsperis99 many thanks for giving it a listen. The sequencing is a lot of fun on the OP-Z. It takes a little time to get use to it, but after watching Cuckoo and Red Means Recording videos it’s almost second nature. What i find a lot of fun is the StepComponents and the physical act of entering notes and conditionals...just helps that mind to machine relationship we so long for in the digital age. I think it’s helped me to be more focused in on what i’m trying to express when composing these tracks...it’s the same relationship i have with the OctaTrack...something about manual buttons for entering steps feels right...and touching the glass to shape the sound just feels right for my brain and workflow...

i am am definitely happy with the device...going to try merging it with OT this weekend and hope to post a vid of a live jam with them sequencing KEW and such. 🙏🏼💕

• Very cool bro. Add this guy to your tutorials to watch, it’s the best step component video i’ve seen. Super detailed and uncluttered.

By the way new firmware.

And yeah @ExAsperis99 it IS that cool. It just works so well standalone and with the ipad. You can hook it up via a keyboard and play piano parts orwhatever into it so you get that going in aum (which i was missing). Plus you get the elektron style parameter locking, but even more so since you can stack the actual note triggering and parameter changes and when the changes happen and when they are ignored. And then you actually punch in all these live fill options. So as dense as you make something, with a million changes, you can jam it and really add stuff. I’ m finishing up a little track where i only use 16 steps on all tracks and use step components to maximize everything. Kinda like a self imposed limit to see how interesting i can make it.