Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New auv3’s from Audeonic Apps

Comments

• @wim ChordPolyPad can map notes to chords, maybe also notes to different notes.

But OK, it is no AU... and IIRC, this is not going to change.

• wimwim
    edited February 2019

@tja, thanks. I do it with Streambyter scripts now. It’s just not as elegant as I’d like, and I hate doing the hexadecimal conversions. It also gets more complicated when needing to do note plus channel conversions.

Sorry for the thread hijack. Back to topic...

• Both Strip and Convert permit multiple mappings per instance. Strip can remap all 128 notes and Convert can remap 16x128 notes.

• @audeonic said:
    Both Strip and Convert permit multiple mappings per instance. Strip can remap all 128 notes and Convert can remap 16x128 notes.

Huh? Whut?! Cool!

• wimwim
    edited February 2019

@audeonic , sorry, but I can’t see from the pics of the interface how to do multiple mappings. Does it scroll or something? So, in one instance I can map C-1 to C2, C#-1 to E2, A#1 to D2, plus more mappings simultaneously? If so, I can’t see how from the pics.

• @audeonic Indeed a somewhat better explanation would help any of those new Apps.

After reading what you wrote, this is realy missing in the descriptions and may mislead lots of people.

And I suppose, you may be "hiding" even more details that could be interesting.

Just some feedback ;)

• For Strip:
    Choose note you want to map from using left drop down menu.
    Right drop down will then change and show current mapping
    (If no mapping the notes will be the same)
    To change the mapping select your desired note in the right drop down.
    Repeat for each note you want to map.

Convert is pretty much the same except you select the type, channel and note/number on left and then change the mapping on the right. You can have up to 65535 conversions and all conversions are shown in the top right menu.

• @audeonic How about a mfxSeries bundle? :) :) :)

• https://audeonic.com/mfx explains each plug and their respective controls. If you press the (i) button in any of the plugs you will be brought to relevant spot for that app in the above inside the plug for quick reference to the control meanings

• Bundle waiting for approval at Apple. Can't apply for bundle until all apps released which I attempted to do quietly today... Bundle will be 20% discount.

• @audeonic said:
    Bundle waiting for approval at Apple. Can't apply for bundle until all apps released which I attempted to do quietly today... Bundle will be 20% discount.

Great.
    Will get.

• wimwim
    edited February 2019

@audeonic said:
    For Strip:
    Choose note you want to map from using left drop down menu.
    Right drop down will then change and show current mapping
    (If no mapping the notes will be the same)
    To change the mapping select your desired note in the right drop down.
    Repeat for each note you want to map.

Convert is pretty much the same except you select the type, channel and note/number on left and then change the mapping on the right. You can have up to 65535 conversions and all conversions are shown in the top right menu.

Ahh. Great, thanks! This has been a missing piece in my setups for a long time.

• If anyone isn’t seeing this appear in AB3, close AB3 and then launch and kill the standalone once. Reopen AB3 and it’ll appear.

• wimwim
    edited February 2019

@audeonic, a small suggestion: in Convert and probably others, the hex representation is nice, but in decimal as well would be very helpful, especially for note numbers.

• wimwim
    edited February 2019

Is there any way to save presets when this is loaded in AudioBus (besides AB session save)? I just set up a nice Rozeta to GR-16 mapping table, but would like to save it to use in other hosts. I can’t see any way to do this?

• edited February 2019

Thread Hijack:

Any midi boffin know how to toggle between instances of let’s say Autony in AUM or Audiobus other than with your fingers? Or say have one send signals while the other is blocked from sending? Doing it manually sometimes results in hung notes depending on the app.

I’ll look into MidiEcho

@CracklePot said:

@audiblevideo said:
    I can see the midi fx pitch doing what he demonstrates in the video. Play a sparse generated guitar lead and add little riffs or plucks without adding more continuous midi notes.

As of now I’ve either been using two instances of Autony. One with longer notes and another with shorter 1/16 or 1/32 ones with varying amounts of Quantity dialed in. Or an LFO to wiggle between time divisions. Riffer works to, but for on the fly it tends to be a little more jaunty in what it generates compared to Autony.

You should check out MidiEcho. It can do this, too. You need to use more than one instance, in most cases.

• The mfxConvert example in the vid looks fun.

• @audiblevideo said:
    Thread Hijack:

Any midi boffin know how to toggle between instances of let’s say Autony in AUM or Audiobus other than with your fingers? Or say have one send signals while the other is blocked from sending? Doing it manually sometimes results in hung notes depending on the app.

AudioBus midi learn IAP. Enable midi learn, touch the Mute control on the mixer page, send a midi control or note.

This probably won’t avoid stuck notes though. That’s probably due to output being killed between a note on and note off event. But, it’s worth a try.

• @wim said:
    Is there any way to save presets when this is loaded in AudioBus (besides AB session save)? I just set up a nice Rozeta to GR-16 mapping table, but would like to save it to use in other hosts. I can’t see any way to do this?

Guess not eh?
    @audeonic, any chance of cross-app preset saving at some point?

• I'd be all over this if there was a 'bypass/on' button that I could control with CCs. Otherwise you have to create multiple channels in AUM, I suppose. Seems MidiFlow can do all this with their 'Conditions' IAP.

• ^^ Oops, I forgot about AB3's fantastic Midi features. Then it can be accomplished in AB3 with a single routing.

• mfxPan definitely seems cool. Finally we can get closer to a rotary speaker effect as AUv3 on iOS! Will check it out.

• edited February 2019

@audeonic Which plugin is best suited for making something like a seaboard block (using the default mpe settings) play nice with non-mpe poly synths?

(To me, the biggest nuisance is the way most non-mpe poly synths handle the simultaneous pitch bend and y axis cc messages jumping erratically between values. It's not obvious to me whether remapping simultaneous messages to a same channel would solve the problem (not sure); but then just ignoring messages coming from extra channels is likely going to cause issues too (again not sure).)

• Hi @ohwell,

Probably StreamByter to detect when you hold a note and filter out stuff conditionally depending upon how many notes are being held at the same time.

Please see audeonic.boards.net/thread/586/mpe-single-channel-cc-average on Audeonic forum. I think this is working and might be almost exactly what you are looking for?

Regards, Nic.

• Hi @audeonic
    In mfxConvert are the conversions “per event” only? I.e. if I want to change notes to program changes do I have to set up a conversion for every note? Or can I convert per event type. I.e. all notes get converted to PCs with note number mapping to PC number?

If it is “per event” as it seems to be, would it be possible to add in an “All” value along with the individual values for bulk changes? Thanks!

• Yeah, in mfxConvert there are no wildcards - it's a fine-tuning event converter. If you want to convert all of one type to another, then StreamByter is a better tool for that. This one line StreamByter rule will map each note on to a corresponding program change in one fell swoop:

9X XX 01-7F = CX

That's a lot easier (in my opinion) than configuring 128 separate conversions with GUI menus. ;-)

Now, you could program mfxConvert via remote MIDI and send the correct messages to setup all the conversions, but that's a bit of work too.

• @audeonic said:
    Yeah, in mfxConvert there are no wildcards - it's a fine-tuning event converter. If you want to convert all of one type to another, then StreamByter is a better tool for that. This one line StreamByter rule will map each note on to a corresponding program change in one fell swoop:

9X XX 01-7F = CX

That's a lot easier (in my opinion) than configuring 128 separate conversions with GUI menus. ;-)

Now, you could program mfxConvert via remote MIDI and send the correct messages to setup all the conversions, but that's a bit of work too.

Got it. But if there's a chance of putting in an "All" / wildcard value, that would be amazing!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The bundle is still not available :'(