Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NAMM 2019 Cranborne Audio 500r8 Rack Series IOS Audio Interface for iPad and Auria Pro

edited January 2019 in Other

500R8 takes analogue electronics and USB iPad integration to the next level by allowing you to utilize your favorite 500 series modules as your very own customisable tracking front-end directly into your DAW. Dedicated USB Class Complaint source selects for each slot and a discrete analogue summing mixer with it's own USB send allows you to bring your 500 series modules- such as EQs, compressors, and saturation devices -into your mixing process and bring analogue sound back into your workflow.

Comments

• Damn this is a big deal

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    Damn this is a big deal

thats what I said

• this will be my future setup someday...nice to have everything all racked up in one place...I’d be inclined to get the ADAT version and use it as an expander with a separate usb device.

• @Shazamm said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:
    Damn this is a big deal

thats what I said

No you didn't

• @supadom said:

@Shazamm said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:
    Damn this is a big deal

thats what I said

No you didn't

that was supadumb

• @Shazamm said:

@supadom said:

@Shazamm said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:
    Damn this is a big deal

thats what I said

No you didn't

that was supadumb

I appreciate your lack of understanding of the reference. Relax, it was supposed to be funny :)

• @supadom said:

@Shazamm said:

@supadom said:

@Shazamm said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:
    Damn this is a big deal

thats what I said

No you didn't

that was supadumb

I appreciate your lack of understanding of the reference. Relax, it was supposed to be funny :)

so was mines

• @Shazamm said:

@supadom said:

@Shazamm said:

@supadom said:

@Shazamm said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:
    Damn this is a big deal

thats what I said

No you didn't

that was supadumb

so was mines

It was.... naaaat! :# ;)

• Wow! Color me intrigued.

• this is a summing mixer and audio interface and you can route each channel into the next

• This is one of those very cool products that some people will want a lot. However im sure that those people are not too many and i really dont see how they could make a proper profit out of this in ios world.. So despite ot being cool, ill predict it being a complete flop :/

• @ToMess said:
    This is one of those very cool products that some people will want a lot. However im sure that those people are not too many and i really dont see how they could make a proper profit out of this in ios world.. So despite ot being cool, ill predict it being a complete flop :/

500 series user would disagree with you

• @Shazamm said:

@ToMess said:
    This is one of those very cool products that some people will want a lot. However im sure that those people are not too many and i really dont see how they could make a proper profit out of this in ios world.. So despite ot being cool, ill predict it being a complete flop :/

How many ios folks you know using 500 series racks? I dont think there are many :/ Eurorack case like this would had been a lot easier to sell

• +1?

I use 500 series racks and i'm on iOS exclusively. I see them both as useful, affordable, and portable. I don't care much for traditional IBM style work computers when it comes to music creation, and I do appreciate audio hardware.

• @ToMess said:

@Shazamm said:

@ToMess said:

How many ios folks you know using 500 series racks? I dont think there are many :/ Eurorack case like this would had been a lot easier to sell

me and a few people i produce with and some you-tubers I associate with

• @Shazamm said:

@ToMess said:

@Shazamm said:

@ToMess said:

Okay. Glad to hear that there are people into this sort of thing :) Still i cant help to think that no matter how nice product it looks like(and likely is), the niche is very small. The way i see this sort of product would sell much more is if they could had dropped the price way low(i know not very realistic) and try to promote more hobbyists to get in this 500 game. But hopefully its quality and concept will attract more pros willing to drop the bucks to get i to ios. I mean this whole concept is a testament for ios being a "proper" music platform and one step in taking it further. I would definitely want this, but cant really justify selling almost all my gear to fund this :/

• @ToMess said:

@Shazamm said:

@ToMess said:

@Shazamm said:

@ToMess said:

Glad to hear that there are people into this sort of thing :) Still i cant help to think that no matter how nice product it looks like(and likely is), the niche is very small. Glad to hear that there are people into this sort of thing :) Still i cant help to think that no matter how nice product it looks like(and likely is), the niche is very small.

You sound like the same thing people that say that about IOS music production Until I tell them everything they are hearing came from my iPad. If you dont know all the things this things is capable of its the first of its kind and its IOS compatible. This means for me I can mix outside the box use 8 pre amps and sum my drums for analog feel. Or I can put it on my master out and use it as a mastering chain. They will be sending me one soon and maybe a video or two will change your mind lol

• I use 500 series. Not sure what it has to do with what daw or platform I choose to use- good signal is good signal.

I don't need this right now because I already have an api chassis, but it's a good idea. Although aphex recently made one with a usb out and they discontinued it (and all of their 500 series) pretty quickly.

For some cool 500 series stuff that doesnt cost an arm or leg, check out the bart hrk website, I have 2 of his 2 channel preamps (so 4 preamps in 2 500 series spaces) and they are great.

• @mrufino1 said:
    I use 500 series. Not sure what it has to do with what daw or platform I choose to use- good signal is good signal.

I don't need this right now because I already have an api chassis, but it's a good idea. Although aphex recently made one with a usb out and they discontinued it (and all of their 500 series) pretty quickly.

For some cool 500 series stuff that doesnt cost an arm or leg, check out the bart hrk website, I have 2 of his 2 channel preamps (so 4 preamps in 2 500 series spaces) and they are great.

nice i will check it out right now

• @mrufino1 said:
    I use 500 series. Not sure what it has to do with what daw or platform I choose to use- good signal is good signal.

holy shit these are amazing and priced great thank you bro

• @mrufino1 said:

damn they have a 500 series 8 channel summing mixer MIND BLOWN

• @Shazamm said:

@mrufino1 said:

damn they have a 500 series 8 channel summing mixer MIND BLOWN

Yes, his stuff is really good. I am going to get more soon. He builds preamps that are compatible with the diyre colour format, so you essentially have "plugins" on the colour preamps or the modules that are just hosts for the colour modules. When I first orderded mine last summer they were kits, but he decided to stop selling kits because of the support that was found to be needed and just still pre-built modules, so he built mine at no extra cost, very much appreciated. You won't be disappointed in his products.

The dual channel pre is very clean and clear, but also with a germanium transistor saturation that you can switch on. It's very subtle, but the preamp either way worked really well with my tube mic and ribbon mics (and anything else I used it on).

The new pultec style eq sounds great from the clip I heard as well.