Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model 15 tips for noobs

124»

Comments

• I'm bumping this thread because Richard provided some excellent tutorials, and I'm hoping he or others will take up the reins again for more.

• Love his thread exactly what I wanted thanks everyone for your gifted musical talents!

• thanks for posting this. that app was pretty expensive and i dont use it nearly as much as i should due to it being a little overwhelming at first. i do love all the presets and the iap presets but i feel i could do A LOT more, so this was a good refresher to restart my adventure with the Model 15. i know there are youtube tutorials but its nice to just look back at the pics for reference, mid-session

• Giving this thread a little bump to say thank you for the tips. I love this app, but it is a bit daunting for me. The tips here got me to experiment, which is what I should be doing. Would love to see more tips if there are any. I haven’t been too keen on the YouTube videos I’ve found (especially since one guy I was watching was mangling his words a lot).

• @dysamoria : what sort of things are getting in the way of making use of it? Are there particular modules that you want to know about?

Have you gone through the presets and looked at how those patches work?

• hats off to this thread!

• I’m brand new to these forums and relatively new to synthesis as well and I just have to say how stoked I was to find this thread! So refreshing to see someone who is new, doesn’t really know what he’s doing and isn’t afraid to come out and say that - which seems sort of rare anymore. But also to take it to the next level and put yourself out there with tips from your own understanding in a forum like this where you know there will be plenty of more experienced folks around to correct you - brilliant stuff. Fantastic way to learn quickly and I do plan on following along!

Thanks!

@richardyot said:

This is just as much for my own edification as anyone else's. And if anyone wants to contribute tips please do.

I'm a real synthesis newbie, and I've never used any kind of modular synth before, so I thought I would share my discoveries in case they are of any use to others who are also new to thisgame.

So to begin at the beginning, load the init patch and follow me as my make my first (very basic) custom sounds.

Everything starts with the oscillators. The oscillators create the basic waveforms (ie sounds) which the other modules will then modify.

When you load the init patch the modules are wired up to make a basic sound using one of the two available oscillators........

>

• @Obo said:
    I’m brand new to these forums and relatively new to synthesis as well and I just have to say how stoked I was to find this thread! So refreshing to see someone who is new, doesn’t really know what he’s doing and isn’t afraid to come out and say that - which seems sort of rare anymore. But also to take it to the next level and put yourself out there with tips from your own understanding in a forum like this where you know there will be plenty of more experienced folks around to correct you - brilliant stuff. Fantastic way to learn quickly and I do plan on following along!

Thanks!

My pleasure! 🙏