Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Infinite riser jet engine filter/barber pole phaser?

Hello

I am trying to find a way to create an fx chain in AUM/audiobus that processes incoming audio to sound like it is being fed through a jet engine. I've tried swoopster however this app is incapable of producing the sort of infinitely rising/ barber pole phasing effect I am after. Izotope's mobius plugin does exactly what I am after however is only available as AU/VST on desktop and thus cannot be used on an iPhone.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/create-and-design/mobius-filter.html

Is anyone aware of an existing app that can be configured to function similarly? If not can anyone recommend a way for me to achieve this on iOS?

Thanks so much

Comments

• One that specifically uses shepherds tones for an infinite rise effect - nope.

Try Filterstation2 by Audio Damage though. Each instance has two filters linked (and you can change the type) to which you can apply LFO to them. Maybe running them in parallel or in series might get you something.

There is an infinite rise filter preset in Imaginado’s DLYM. Other than that you could look at Virsyn’s various effects.

• Tonalizer module in Turnado?

• edited February 2019

Frekvens should do it. Virsyn bandshift might, but I'm not sure if it has a built-in delay and lfo.

• I’ve actually just watched the video on Izotope’s site. Any delay app that has extremely low times and is automatable should do the trick.

You could do worse than trying Elastic Fx and mess around with delays and automation button on.

• @annahahn

Also experiment with some distortion, subtle or otherwise, Pre or post frekvens ( frequency shifter by Erik Sigth ). Distortion will give you a bit more 'jet engine'.

• AudioDamage Quatromod can do this

• @palm said:
    AudioDamage Quatromod can do this

Thank you for this-how would you go about implementing this technique using Quatromod?

• here's an example of a slow, downward shepard effect. If you want it to go upward, shift toward positive values, and play with the MIX for a less subtle effect. I love this on percussion to add movement to an otherwise static pattern.

• edited February 2019

@audiblevideo said:
    One that specifically uses shepherds tones for an infinite rise effect - nope.

Try Filterstation2 by Audio Damage though. Each instance has two filters linked (and you can change the type) to which you can apply LFO to them. Maybe running them in parallel or in series might get you something.
    HostGator DreamHost Bluehost
    There is an infinite rise filter preset in Imaginado’s DLYM. Other than that you could look at Virsyn’s various effects.

Tonalizer module in Turnado?