Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUFX apps into a Channelstrip..?..

I’ve been digging into Jonatan’s AUFX apps (Push, PeakQ, Space & Dub) and I’m reminded how fantastic, detailed, and feature laden they all are. For me it’s great to tweak an Eq or Reverb and save it as my own preset. I wonder if we could persuade Jonatan to combine these into a ChannelStrip type App that we could use wherever, the low cpu usage should be a winner. Would anybody else want something like that???

Comments

• The best feature of these apps is their clear and wide operating design.
    Which doesn't fit a channel layout very well ;)
    Aside from that a channel strip is focussed on input signal tweaks, not fx processing like reverb and delay.
    It may be a matter of taste, but imho one of Auria Pro's worst features (in screen ergonomy) is it's way overcrowded and very distracting 'channel strip'.

• these AUFX apps are the best. Sometimes they give me a bit of trouble as IAA in AUM, so I don't really depend on them anymore.

There was a dream to see them converted to AUv3, not sure if that is still likely.

A multi-fx type AUv3 would be great, good idea!!

• edited February 2019

Ya, my thought was that we could custom setup Noise Gates, Expanders, Eqs, (and even Delays & Reverbs which would be unique) and save the whole setup in a Channel strip (or Multi-Fx thingie) as a single preset. I DO realize this is possible with state saving in our mighty Audiobus, but each I’d end up with a preset for each instrument, vocals, mastering, etc. Not a bad idea now that I think about it...

• @Hmtx said:
    these AUFX apps are the best. Sometimes they give me a bit of trouble as IAA in AUM, so I don't really depend on them anymore.

There was a dream to see them converted to AUv3, not sure if that is still likely.

They will! I've already started on that road, so it surely will happen but I don't know when I'll find the time to finish it.

• Pleeeeease find the time. Your stuff is GOLD.

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Pleeeeease find the time. Your stuff is GOLD.

Thanks :) It's a matter of priority. I have a bunch of additional improvements I want to make in AUM, for example.