Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sunvox finally getting my head around it and loving it. That will be all

Comments

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    As above

Enjoy!

• Please share a few getting started tips or point to the video or document you used to get started.

• http://www.warmplace.ru/wiki/sunvox:manual_en

Plus various google searches for specific solutions when head scratching occurred

• edited February 2019

Does a Bluetooth keyboard (typing NOT music) work with it on iOS?? Haven’t touched it in ages but seems like that would be the premier way to get work done in there

• edited February 2019

A very powerful app with great sound
    I found this pretty good set of beginner tutorials on Youtube
    These tutorials are as good, the guy takes his time explaining
    how to use Suvox

Game Jam l@Youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6ZgwpqbQPvJ2Ttkqz_ob4w
    Hope this helps

• Solarlune videos helped me a lot in the early days.

• Just tried it with a bluetooth querty keyboard and Yes it works fine> @icsleepers said:

Does a Bluetooth keyboard (typing NOT music) work with it on iOS?? Haven’t touched it in ages but seems like that would be the premier way to get work done in there

• To my surprise it actually is pretty usable on an iphone se too. Once you get muscle memory for dragging the screens around. There's loads of stuff on youtube. One of the things I discovered is that on the modules you can only change the parameters as you play if you are using a midi keyboard

• @SheffieldBleep Neat, I might have to give this a go again at some point. Trackers aren’t really my bag but Sunvox is quality

• @icsleepers said:
    @SheffieldBleep Neat, I might have to give this a go again at some point. Trackers aren’t really my bag but Sunvox is quality

It was easier once I realised I didn't really need to learn the hexadecimal stuff to get started The module design element is what sets it apart from most trackers that rely just on samples or in Renoise's case VST's too

• @SheffieldBleep said:

@icsleepers said:
    @SheffieldBleep Neat, I might have to give this a go again at some point. Trackers aren’t really my bag but Sunvox is quality

It was easier once I realised I didn't really need to learn the hexadecimal stuff to get started The module design element is what sets it apart from most trackers that rely just on samples or in Renoise's case VST's too

Indeed, I often only put in a few notes to start with and then play delays and loops to get the rhythm.

A nice tip I found the other day: Click the padlock then play, say 4 notes. Select them in the tracker and from the top left menu click "Place evenly". Then the notes are spaced out across the current measure in the tracker. If you use 8 notes you instantly got your 4 on the floor kick sequence.

• When this becomes AU, I’ll be using it a lot :)

• @Jocphone said:

Indeed, I often only put in a few notes to start with and then play delays and loops to get the rhythm.

A nice tip I found the other day: Click the padlock then play, say 4 notes. Select them in the tracker and from the top left menu click "Place evenly". Then the notes are spaced out across the current measure in the tracker. If you use 8 notes you instantly got your 4 on the floor kick sequence.

Nice One! I usually use the edit step number in the upper right of the screen when unlocked to the same effect. Click on 4 and away you go!

• @Carnbot said:
    When this becomes AU, I’ll be using it a lot :)

Will it?!

• @SheffieldBleep said:

@Carnbot said:
    When this becomes AU, I’ll be using it a lot :)

Will it?!

Yes, the developer is working on it, but never gives dates of release so unknown when it’ll happen.

• That would be incredible

• @icsleepers said:

SunVox has extensive MIDI in support and everything, including all sliders, is controllable via MIDI, so you can use any sequencer with it if you don't like the tracker.

• She will always be the one that got away for me.....LOL

• @SevenSystems said:

@icsleepers said:

SunVox has extensive MIDI in support and everything, including all sliders, is controllable via MIDI, so you can use any sequencer with it if you don't like the tracker.

Midi control (via korg nanokey studio) of sliders is one thing I've not managed to get working so any tips are welcomed!

Also loading of samples from non sunvox directories is a bit puzzling!

• @RUST( i )K said:
    She will always be the one that got away for me.....LOL

Never too late! I thought the same until I made a concerted effort - it was quicker than I imagined getting up to speed

• edited February 2019

@SheffieldBleep said:

@SevenSystems said:

@icsleepers said:

Midi control (via korg nanokey studio) of sliders is one thing I've not managed to get working so any tips are welcomed!

Double-tap the module, set "MIDI IN" to "always" (if desired) and select the channel. Module will receive notes from any MIDI source that's pointed to Sunvox from now.

If you want to automate a slider on that module, double-tap it, tap the "..." next to "MIDI IN", and move your knob on the MIDI controller.

Also loading of samples from non sunvox directories is a bit puzzling!

Can't be done. You first have to move the files to Sunvox using the Files app, or I think "Open in" works as well .

• @SevenSystems said:

Double-tap the module, set "MIDI IN" to "always" (if desired) and select the channel. Module will receive notes from any MIDI source that's pointed to Sunvox from now.

If you want to automate a slider on that module, double-tap it, tap the "..." next to "MIDI IN", and move your knob on the MIDI controller.

Can't be done. You first have to move the files to Sunvox using the Files app, or I think "Open in" works as well .

Thanks!

• @SheffieldBleep said:

@Jocphone said:

Nice One! I usually use the edit step number in the upper right of the screen when unlocked to the same effect. Click on 4 and away you go!

Yeah that's the usual way to do it but this way I can use e.g. 5 notes and it spreads them out over the measure for trying different polyrhythms.

• @Jocphone said:

Yeah that's the usual way to do it but this way I can use e.g. 5 notes and it spreads them out over the measure for trying different polyrhythms.

Nice one! Ill give that a whirl