Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Doug's recent vid got me thinking... Anyone use Sunrizer VST version?

So I'm a sucker for Berlin Skool stuff... For some reason, even though I've had Sunrizer forever, I've never really used it. No idea why... Maybe I don't like blue or something...

Anyhoo, been messing with it a bunch this morning, and I really like it. As Doug points out in his video, I can't believe how CPU friendly it is! I'd been resigned to use Kaspar as my multi-timbral go to (I'd love to love Layr, but that interface on a smaller screen/non-pro ipad is just too much of an eye-strain). But I can run all the Sunrizer's I need I think.

One of the things I REALLY like about it is the way he implemented the modwheel/morph. SOOO much more intuitive than assigning mod targets to a mod wheel. It's much more WYHIWYG modding. It's also got a deceptivly useful/powerful arp... May allow me to bypass StepPolyArp unit and simplify things even more.

This then got me thinking that if I'm gonna spend time with Sunrizer on my iPad, maybe I should think about getting the VST.

Anyone here use the VST version? is it 1:1 with iOS, or does it sound better on a VST having more CPU behind it?

Comments