Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

op-z with companion app/visual craziness [VIDEO]

having a lot of fun learning what this little thing can do .

Comments

• edited February 2019

Nice work. 👊🏼™️ I’m finding a lot of fun to use when driven thru AUM.

Be sure to post your adventures on the OP-Z forum as well:
    https://op-forums.com/c/op-z

• @vpich said:

Ah, that's great. You two.... Man. Am I going to have to buy one of these things?
    :)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@vpich said:

Ah, that's great. You two.... Man. Am I going to have to buy one of these things?

Yeah man. It’s such a great ipad partner. Still figuring out all available options of control, for example to use the graphics i’m screen grabbing at the moment, which means i can’t use the ipad screen for aum or app switching. I’m gonna try hooking up the nanokontrol studio to see if i can handle aum in the background.

But this is the best partner, so light and small, bluetooth. No cables.

• @vpich said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@vpich said:

Yeah man. It’s such a great ipad partner. Still figuring out all available options of control, for example to use the graphics i’m screen grabbing at the moment, which means i can’t use the ipad screen for aum or app switching. I’m gonna try hooking up the nanokontrol studio to see if i can handle aum in the background.

Sounds great. Any of these built-in sounds? Are you hosting and recording the audio in AUM?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@vpich said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@vpich said:

Sounds great. Any of these built-in sounds? Are you hosting and recording the audio in AUM?

All stock samples and synths from the opz, ipad is just handling the visuals and recording the stereo out.

• Impressive.
    The big, impertinent question: What do you get from the OPZ that you can't get from Modstep or Xequence, etc.? I mean, I think you could argue that what you can do with a Digitakt you can also do with GR-16. But the results speak for themselves.

• edited February 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Impressive.
    The big, impertinent question: What do you get from the OPZ that you can't get from Modstep or Xequence, etc.? I mean, I think you could argue that what you can do with a Digitakt you can also do with GR-16. But the results speak for themselves.

Without getting into the specifics of its unique sequencing capabilities (e.g. step components,) a big thing that sets the OP-Z apart is that it’s a multimedia sequencer - it can also be used for controlling and sequencing animated visuals (created in Unity) and light shows (via the DMX protocol.) Teenage Engineering will also be releasing optional expansion modules for added functionality. No idea what/when those will be, but I know there’s a MIDI-to-CV module coming sometime soon... probably around the time the Pocket Operator Modulars start shipping, I’m guessing.

and it’s the size of a TV remote.

and a pro-tip for anyone interested in purchasing one: check the MoMA’s webshop.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Impressive.

Well...
    A. Sequencing:
    1. Small and centralized. All midi data coming from one unit, and the same tune can go to a mess of volcas or big hardware setup, or use internal sounds.
    2. Rozeta is great but it doesn’t have a midi phrase recorder. With the opz i can play a melody using it’s keyboard or connect a larger keyboard.
    3. Punch in effects. Realtime cool shit happening to your sequence at a press of a button.
    4. Step components. Planned variatioks where it will even change notes for other notes in the key, giving variations etc.

B. Visuals:
    1. Adding pictures and sequencing is super easy and cool AF
    2. The other graphic thingy will eventually be cooler.
    3. Can also control lights

Mainly it permits me to do most everything from a central little hub that i can have with me always. I can prepare patterns with internal sounds and then pump them through aum using au’s. The only ios sequencer i like is gadget, so i have been searching for a sequencer to do au stuff and haven’t found one. Until now.

• @vpich said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Impressive.

Well...
    A. Sequencing:
    1. Small and centralized. All midi data coming from one unit, and the same tune can go to a mess of volcas or big hardware setup, or use internal sounds.
    2. Rozeta is great but it doesn’t have a midi phrase recorder. With the opz i can play a melody using it’s keyboard or connect a larger keyboard.
    3. Punch in effects. Realtime cool shit happening to your sequence at a press of a button.
    4. Step components. Planned variatioks where it will even change notes for other notes in the key, giving variations etc.

B. Visuals:
    1. Adding pictures and sequencing is super easy and cool AF
    2. The other graphic thingy will eventually be cooler.
    3. Can also control lights

Mainly it permits me to do most everything from a central little hub that i can have with me always. I can prepare patterns with internal sounds and then pump them through aum using au’s. The only ios sequencer i like is gadget, so i have been searching for a sequencer to do au stuff and haven’t found one. Until now.

The effects seem to be something completely different. Thanks for this.