Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - February 2019

What is the Song of the Month Club?

It's a place where musicians come to give and receive feedback on their work. Anyone is welcome, whatever their level of ability.

The spirit of the club is to contribute: if you submit a song for others to comment on, you should also have the courtesy to listen to everyone else's contributions and give as much feedback as possible. Posting a track and not listening and commenting on others is not cool.

The purpose of feedback is to be honest. Essentially you should give your truthful impressions of the song, whether good or bad. Negative feedback, if done in the right spirit and with courtesy, can be the most useful and can help the artist to grow and improve and correct their mistakes.

All submissions are welcome, don't hesitate if you want to contribute. We like all kinds of music and we are particularly fond of vocals (but of course we still love a great instrumental). If you are thinking of experimenting with vocals this is a good place to get started.

We ask that you only post one song per month in this thread - if you're lucky enough to be able to produce more, then please just submit your strongest material

And finally, iOS is not a requirement for posting here. If you've recorded your song using nothing but a ukulele and a Fostex 4 track, that's fine.

Comments

• My entry for the month. Composed in Nanostudio 2, Vocals and final mix in Auria:

• Gadged gangsters here :*

• edited February 2019

@richardyot said:
    My entry for the month. Composed in Nanostudio 2, Vocals and final mix in Auria

As always sounds professional, perfect mixing, durty vocals sound great
    I have associations with Oriental motifs, maybe it's because of the mysterious pad, and maybe because of air bells at 0:34 - I love them

You're making great music buddy

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month. Composed in Nanostudio 2, Vocals and final mix in Auria:

Love this one Richard... Mix is lovely... But my ears are hearing that you need to use a De Esser more on the vocals?... But that is me just being a little picky... All in all, superb mate... ;)

• @moff said:
    Gadged gangsters here :*

Lovely Gadget track.. Funny I was playing Forza on the Xbox One while I was listening to it... Then I dawned on me, this track would be great on Sega’s “Outrun” game... They had great tunes in that game... Back in the day... So you got the thumbs up from me mate... Nice one!....

• Here’s my contribution for February... Enjoy guys...

• @studs1966 said:
    Sega’s “Outrun” game... They had great tunes in that game... Back in the day...

Haha, mate, i was thinking about Chase HQ on Sega while making it :)

• @studs1966 said:
    Here’s my contribution for February... Enjoy guys...

Sexy music and well produced
    not my genre, but sounds great and professional

• @moff said:

@studs1966 said:

Sexy music and well produced
    not my genre, but sounds great and professional

Thanks mate.. ;)

• @moff said:

@studs1966 said:
    Sega’s “Outrun” game... They had great tunes in that game... Back in the day...

Haha, mate, i was thinking about Chase HQ on Sega while making it :)

Chase HQ... Great game!... lol..

• I skipped a month in January. Didn't mean to vanish, just had some crazy life shit to handle. Here is my Febuary Submission.

• @moff said:

Love the interweaving lo-fi melodies. The sounds definitely give it a 90s videogame vibe, only with better tunes. Nice changes, dynamics, textures and the way it builds up is just great, before segueing into that final section with the new lead melody.

Very nice track.

• @studs1966 said:

You're a machine :)

Excellent production as usual.

• @richardyot said:

@studs1966 said:

You're a machine :)

Excellent production as usual.

Thanks Richard mate... Very much appreciated... ;)

• @bedheadproducer said:
    I skipped a month in January. Didn't mean to vanish, just had some crazy life shit to handle. Here is my Febuary Submission.

I LOVE your guitar playing!!

• @audiblevideo said:

@bedheadproducer said:
    I skipped a month in January. Didn't mean to vanish, just had some crazy life shit to handle. Here is my Febuary Submission.

thank you very much!! You rock!

• Is there a song of the month soundcloud page where I can upload my track to ?

• @enc said:
    Is there a song of the month SoundCloud page where I can upload my track to?

Just upload to your own SC account and then post the link here. There is a SOTMC SoundCloud account but I don't know any easy way to share the upload rights.

If you don't have SC then you can also post Youtube, BandCamp or DropBox links here.

• My first ever entry in song of the month club. A dirty disco ditty inspired by a recent documentary I watched on "swinging" and the double lives some of the participants lead. I'td be cool if you could leave me some feed back ... don't worry I have broad shoulders and I'd rather hear the truth. So if you think it's too long or to short too repetitive, cheesy, mushy sound mix or just plain shit I'd like to know.. also if you like it that's cool too. :)

• @bedheadproducer said:

Ummm.. Well... Ummm... Well I tried your YouTube link & it tells me Video not available... But if everyone is seeing/hearing it, then it is most probably here in Cyprus is the problem... But if it is at my end (most probable?).. Just to let you know that I tried to listen to it.. :)

• @studs1966 said:

@bedheadproducer said:

Ummm.. Well... Ummm... Well I tried your YouTube link & it tells me Video not available... But if everyone is seeing/hearing it, then it is most probably here in Cyprus is the problem... But if it is at my end (most probable?).. Just to let you know that I tried to listen to it.. :)

But the strangest thing is I can watch Dougs & Jacobs Videos...

• @enc said:
    My first ever entry in song of the month club. A dirty disco ditty inspired by a recent documentary I watched on "swinging" and the double lives some of the participants lead. I'td be cool if you could leave me some feed back ... don't worry I have broad shoulders and I'd rather hear the truth. So if you think it's too long or to short too repetitive, cheesy, mushy sound mix or just plain shit I'd like to know.. also if you like it that's cool too. :)

Well unfortunately I couldn’t watch @bedheadproducer YouTube video, but managed to watch yours... Love it mate, the video.. Goes well together.... Only one eitty bitty thing I would advice, is if you are making a track like this, it may be wise to break down the song around every 20 to 30 seconds, then build it up again (I use to do the same thing too).. Then change the direction of sound... Even in instrumental track, you still need a intro verse Chorus, Bridge... More so on instrumentals.. When you have someone singing, the vocal help keep the Brain occupied while listening, other wise the brain gets bored with the same sound after a while in instrumentals... Not a criticism, just a suggestion... ;)

• edited February 2019

My entry this time around. Done in Nano Studio 2, with Obsidian, Slate and a bit of Bram Bos Ruismaker Noir and FAC Chorus.

• @enc said:
    My first ever entry in song of the month club. A dirty disco ditty inspired by a recent documentary I watched on "swinging" and the double lives some of the participants lead. I'td be cool if you could leave me some feed back ... don't worry I have broad shoulders and I'd rather hear the truth. So if you think it's too long or to short too repetitive, cheesy, mushy sound mix or just plain shit I'd like to know.. also if you like it that's cool too. :)

Nice track. Like the energy. You should check out https://www.youtube.com/user/AreFriendsEletcric

• @moff said:

Nice melodic 8/16 bit tune!

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month. Composed in Nanostudio 2, Vocals and final mix in Auria:

Like the groove, too much autotune for me though.

• @audiblevideo said:

@bedheadproducer said:

Yes, at first I wanted to skip the entire song because of it, but it kept me listening. Great skills!

• @Eriko said:

My entry this time around. Done in Nano Studio 2, with Obsidian, Slate and a bit of Bram Bos Ruismaker Noir and FAC Chorus.

Nice track.. Sort of stuff I done on an Amiga A500 using OctaMED back in the day.. Very relaxing... But maybe needs added detail.. Like floating Delay Piano coming in & out othe track, randomly.... with a tiny dollop of Dubby FX,... Not criticism... Just a suggestion... :)

• @Eriko said:

@audiblevideo said:

@bedheadproducer said:

Yes, at first I wanted to skip the entire song because of it, but it kept me listening. Great skills!

I’m a bit confused , you wanted to skip my song because he liked my playing or because it was guitar ? I’m assuming it’s the latter ? Either way it’s nestled in a bed of electronica, and anyone who knows my work knows I love synths almost as much as guitar ... but it turns out I can play guitar and synths I generally program ...so I have the most fun mixing both usually . Thanks for listening :)