Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which albums do you enjoy listening to front to back?

124678

Comments

  • The Velvet Underground - Live 1969

    the ultimate summer afternoon barbecue album.

    Talking Heads - Remain in Light

    +1 but I also like "More Songs ..." I particularly like the way the last four songs on the first side build up to 'Found a Job'.

    oh and Nimbin FM Radio Handpicked and Homegrown double vinyl edition...beacause Im on it 😀

    It's not on Soulseek. What's on it?

    INFO: for those not in the Asia Pacific region Nimbin is a country town in NSW Australia known for a hippy festival in the 70s and subsequent agricultural production.

  • @MonzoPro said:

    @Jocphone said:

    Barrett yeah, Fall yeah (in a bit of a Fall phase at the moment), Rock Bottom - been listening to that loads too.

    I can't seem to get past Rock Bottom with Robert Wyatt. Nothing else sticks in my head or excites me the way that records does.

  • Minutemen - Double Nickles on the Dime
    Butthole Surfers - Hairway to Steven
    Melvins -Ozma
    Spacemen 3 -The Perfect Prescription
    Slint - Spiderland
    Dead Kennedys - Plastic Surgery Disasters
    Misfits - Legacy of Brutality
    SubHumAns - The Day the Country Died
    Rudimentary Peni - Death Church
    The Damned - Phantasmagoria
    Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
    The Lounge Lizards - The Lounge Lizards
    U2 - The Unforgettable Fire
    The Cars - The Cars
    Meat Puppets - Up On the Sun
    Nick Drake - Pink Moon
    Star Wars - The Story of Star Wars

    I could go on and on...

  • edited February 2

    @Jocphone said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @Jocphone said:

    Barrett yeah, Fall yeah (in a bit of a Fall phase at the moment), Rock Bottom - been listening to that loads too.

    I can't seem to get past Rock Bottom with Robert Wyatt. Nothing else sticks in my head or excites me the way that records does.

    oh heavy,
    its so sad :)
    I haven't listened to it since forever, makes bad memories appear, I had to lock it up in my personal poison cabinet

  • edited February 2

    @kinkujin said:
    Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
    Abbey Road of course (both sides)
    XTC - Skylarking, Mummer, Nonsuch

    OMG! Thick as a Brick was my first album I could play from front to back aside from Sgt. Peppers and Magical Mystery Tour (and I had to skip a few of those tracks). Back when I would be considered to be young.

  • @syrupcore said:
    Loveless - My Blood Valentine
    In Rainbows & The Bends - Radiohead
    Devotion - Beach House
    Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
    Colossal Youth - Young Marble Giants
    Power, Corruption and Lies - New Order
    The Low End Theory - A Tribe Called Quest
    Paul's Boutique - Beastie Boys
    Perfect From Now On - Built to Spill
    Stone Roses - Stone Roses
    What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
    Heaven or Las Vegas - Cocteau Twins
    NEU! - NEU!

    LOVELESS x100000000000

  • The other thread reminded me that

    Ritual.. by Jane's Addiction is an amazing journey from start to end.

  • @gkillmaster said:

    @kinkujin said:
    Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
    Abbey Road of course (both sides)
    XTC - Skylarking, Mummer, Nonsuch

    OMG! Thick as a Brick was my first album I could play from front to back aside from Sgt. Peppers and Magical Mystery Tour (and I had to skip a few of those tracks). Back when I would be considered to be young.

    It’s just a masterpiece.

    I used to skip Within You, Without You from Pepper when I was a kid. Now I think it’s the best thing on the record.

  • @kinkujin said:
    I used to skip Within You, Without You from Pepper when I was a kid. Now I think it’s the best thing on the record.

    Exactly the same for me!! This is so strange to hear cause its such a personal private experience for me. Took me 20 years to feel that way.

  • @Jocphone said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @Jocphone said:

    Barrett yeah, Fall yeah (in a bit of a Fall phase at the moment), Rock Bottom - been listening to that loads too.

    I can't seem to get past Rock Bottom with Robert Wyatt. Nothing else sticks in my head or excites me the way that records does.

    I enjoyed Shleep from 1997. However, mostly I prefer his work with Soft Machine to his solo material. I keep meaning to get more of his solo albums though ...

  • edited February 2

    Jan Jelinek - Loop Finding Jazz Records
    Aphex Twin - Richard D James Album
    Sandwell District - Feed Forward
    Four Tet - Rounds
    John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
    Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come
    Vatican Shadow - Media in the Service of Terror
    Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
    Taylor Deupree - Stil.
    Albert Ayler - New York Eye and Ear Control
    Alexander Von Schlippenbach - Pakistani Pomade
    DJ Sprinkles - Midtown 120 Blues
    Vladislav Delay - Kuopio
    Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve
    Dodheimsgard - A Umbra Omega

  • @gkillmaster said:

    @kinkujin said:
    I used to skip Within You, Without You from Pepper when I was a kid. Now I think it’s the best thing on the record.

    Exactly the same for me!! This is so strange to hear cause its such a personal private experience for me. Took me 20 years to feel that way.

    Brother from another mother!

  • So many good ones mentioned. Thick as a Brick is amazing.
    I’ll add Heart Attack and Vine from Tom Waits, Truth and Soul by Fishbone, Close to the Edge by Yes, Sufjan Stevens Come on Feel the Illinois.
    It was such a chore to pick the needle up and relocate on vinyl or to fast forward cassette tape so we just let it play and develop.
    It’s just too easy to skip tracks now.
    I’m guessing he’s a “love or hate” type but lately I’ve been listening to Pure Comedy from Father John Misty front to back. That one takes patience. Pays off though.

  • Spacemen 3 - Perfect Prescription
    Low - Curtain Hits the Cast

  • @JanKun said:

    @syrupcore said:
    Loveless - My Blood Valentine
    In Rainbows & The Bends - Radiohead
    Devotion - Beach House
    Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
    Colossal Youth - Young Marble Giants
    Power, Corruption and Lies - New Order
    The Low End Theory - A Tribe Called Quest
    Paul's Boutique - Beastie Boys
    Perfect From Now On - Built to Spill
    Stone Roses - Stone Roses
    What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
    Heaven or Las Vegas - Cocteau Twins
    NEU! - NEU!

    LOVELESS x100000000000

    Amen. I guess I should include Isn't Anything as well. Love every moment of it.

    I also really love the "new" record but there's one song I always want to skip. Alas, I only own it on vinyl and I'm way too lazy for all that so I just sit and listen and question how in the world it ended up on the record.

  • @CracklePot said:
    Minutemen - Double Nickles on the Dime
    Butthole Surfers - Hairway to Steven
    Melvins -Ozma
    Spacemen 3 -The Perfect Prescription
    Slint - Spiderland
    Dead Kennedys - Plastic Surgery Disasters
    Misfits - Legacy of Brutality
    SubHumAns - The Day the Country Died
    Rudimentary Peni - Death Church
    The Damned - Phantasmagoria
    Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
    The Lounge Lizards - The Lounge Lizards
    U2 - The Unforgettable Fire
    The Cars - The Cars
    Meat Puppets - Up On the Sun
    Nick Drake - Pink Moon
    Star Wars - The Story of Star Wars

    I could go on and on...

    Oh! Many nice ones here. I just added a post with Perfect Prescription before seeing this.

    But forgot about Spiderland. What an amazing record. To be honest, I didn't really give a hoot about it at the time but I heard it again in the early 00s and my jaw was open the entire time. Been a favorite since.

    Also, you named the last good/best U2 record. :trollface:

  • Loveless wins the prize for consistent artistic statement. Not sure if the songs themselves really stand out on their own (with the exception of Soon), but as an album it's cohesive and makes sense, as opposed to a disparate collection of excellent songs.

    I never listened to the reunion album (MBV), I should try and track it down.

  • Yes - Close to the Edge; Relayer
    ELO - Out of the Blue
    Gov‘t Mule - Dejà Voodoo
    Hall & Oates - Abandoned Luncheonette
    Ozric Tentacles - Spirals in Hyperspace
    Jethro Tull - Bursting out (live)
    Joe Jackson - Big World
    King Crimson - Discipline; Beat; Three of a perfect pair
    Moloko - Statues
    ZZ Top‘s First Album
    Cake - Fashion Nugget
    Donald Fagen - The Nightfly
    Frank Zappa - Hot Rats

  • @Jocphone said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @Jocphone said:

    Barrett yeah, Fall yeah (in a bit of a Fall phase at the moment), Rock Bottom - been listening to that loads too.

    I can't seem to get past Rock Bottom with Robert Wyatt. Nothing else sticks in my head or excites me the way that records does.

    Magical album, sounds like nothing else. I read his biography last year, fascinating read. Love all his stuff, but that’s his best IMO. I was trying to explain to Mrs Monzo last night why artists such as Mark E Smith, Daevid Allen, Viv Stanshall, Robert Wyatt, Beefheart, Zappa, Stephen Stapleton etc. fascinate me so much. I think that album sums it up - it’s pure creativity without compromise. When I hear them, or read about how they work it inspires me to make something myself.

    Have you heard Kevin Ayers Whatevershebringswesing? That’s worth a listen:

  • @syrupcore said:
    Spacemen 3 - Perfect Prescription
    Low - Curtain Hits the Cast

    Perfect Perscription is an excellent example.

  • @syrupcore said:
    Spacemen 3 - Perfect Prescription

    Mrs Monzo bought me the Will Carruthers book Playing the Bass with Three Left Hands for Xmas - entertaining, and recommended if you’re a fan of the band.

  • @MonzoPro said:

    @Jocphone said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @Jocphone said:

    Barrett yeah, Fall yeah (in a bit of a Fall phase at the moment), Rock Bottom - been listening to that loads too.

    I can't seem to get past Rock Bottom with Robert Wyatt. Nothing else sticks in my head or excites me the way that records does.

    Magical album, sounds like nothing else. I read his biography last year, fascinating read. Love all his stuff, but that’s his best IMO. I was trying to explain to Mrs Monzo last night why artists such as Mark E Smith, Daevid Allen, Viv Stanshall, Robert Wyatt, Beefheart, Zappa, Stephen Stapleton etc. fascinate me so much. I think that album sums it up - it’s pure creativity without compromise. When I hear them, or read about how they work it inspires me to make something myself.

    Have you heard Kevin Ayers Whatevershebringswesing? That’s worth a listen:

    OOh, must seek out the biography. I did read an article where he was talking about the period around this album but that was long ago and I have no idea where I read it. But yeah, the whole thing. In fact, I would I say I can't not listen to the whole album.

    I will give that album a listen, have stuck it on my phone for when I'm out and about.

  • @Max23 said:

    @Jocphone said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @Jocphone said:

    Barrett yeah, Fall yeah (in a bit of a Fall phase at the moment), Rock Bottom - been listening to that loads too.

    I can't seem to get past Rock Bottom with Robert Wyatt. Nothing else sticks in my head or excites me the way that records does.

    oh heavy,
    its so sad :)
    I haven't listened to it since forever, makes bad memories appear, I had to lock it up in my personal poison cabinet

    That's a shame that it has those connotations for you. I just listened to it again while out driving today and it is every bit as good. I find it really positive and adventurous and funny and real.

  • @pichi said:

    @Jocphone said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @Jocphone said:

    Barrett yeah, Fall yeah (in a bit of a Fall phase at the moment), Rock Bottom - been listening to that loads too.

    I can't seem to get past Rock Bottom with Robert Wyatt. Nothing else sticks in my head or excites me the way that records does.

    I enjoyed Shleep from 1997. However, mostly I prefer his work with Soft Machine to his solo material. I keep meaning to get more of his solo albums though ...

    Haven't heard that one. Will stick it on later.

    Ruth is stranger than Richard always grabs me, for the title mainly. But I don't remember listening to it in the way that Rock Bottom resonates.

  • @Jocphone said:

    @pichi said:

    @Jocphone said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @Jocphone said:

    Barrett yeah, Fall yeah (in a bit of a Fall phase at the moment), Rock Bottom - been listening to that loads too.

    I can't seem to get past Rock Bottom with Robert Wyatt. Nothing else sticks in my head or excites me the way that records does.

    I enjoyed Shleep from 1997. However, mostly I prefer his work with Soft Machine to his solo material. I keep meaning to get more of his solo albums though ...

    Haven't heard that one. Will stick it on later.

    Ruth is stranger than Richard always grabs me, for the title mainly. But I don't remember listening to it in the way that Rock Bottom resonates.

    Do you have the Matching Mole album? Some of my favorite Wyatt tunes on that.

  • @Jocphone said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @Jocphone said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @Jocphone said:

    Barrett yeah, Fall yeah (in a bit of a Fall phase at the moment), Rock Bottom - been listening to that loads too.

    I can't seem to get past Rock Bottom with Robert Wyatt. Nothing else sticks in my head or excites me the way that records does.

    Magical album, sounds like nothing else. I read his biography last year, fascinating read. Love all his stuff, but that’s his best IMO. I was trying to explain to Mrs Monzo last night why artists such as Mark E Smith, Daevid Allen, Viv Stanshall, Robert Wyatt, Beefheart, Zappa, Stephen Stapleton etc. fascinate me so much. I think that album sums it up - it’s pure creativity without compromise. When I hear them, or read about how they work it inspires me to make something myself.

    Have you heard Kevin Ayers Whatevershebringswesing? That’s worth a listen:

    OOh, must seek out the biography. I did read an article where he was talking about the period around this album but that was long ago and I have no idea where I read it. But yeah, the whole thing. In fact, I would I say I can't not listen to the whole album.

    Shleep is nice, as Pichi said - a similar feel to Rock Bottom.

    The book's really good. He's had such a colourful life, that it's an enjoyable read even for non Wyatt fans.

  • @sysexual said:
    John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
    Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

    Mine too.

  • edited February 2

    Clutch - Blast Tyrant
    Clutch - Elephant Riders
    Clutch - Earth Rocker
    Ween - all the albums
    Judas Priest - Painkiller
    Ratt - Invasion of Your Privacy
    Guns N Roses - Appetite For Destruction
    Van Halen - 1984
    Captain Beefheart - Trout mask Replica
    Captain Beefheat - Safe As Milk
    Captain Beefheat - Strictly Personal
    Insector - Interplanetary Connection
    Michael Brook - Cobalt Blue
    Vangelis - Bladerunner
    John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
    Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
    Charles Mingus - Ah Um
    Basil Poledouris - Conan The Barbarian
    Front Line Assembly - Tactical Neural Implant
    B12 - Electro Soma
    B12 - Time Tourist
    Robert Rich - Echo of Small Things
    Front 242 - Up Evil
    FSOL - Cascade
    FSOL - Lifeforms
    FSOl - ISDN
    The Orb - Orbus Terrarum
    Peter McConnell - Grim Fandango Score
    Drew Neumann - Eye Spy
    Plaid - Rest Proof Clockwork
    Dead Voices on Air - Piss Frond
    cEvin Key - Music For Cats
    Ice Cube - The Predator
    Future - Future
    Download - Effector
    Download - Helicopter
    Plateau - Gort Spacebar
    Tipper - Forward Escape, Fathom, Flunked etc, the whole darned Soundcloud

  • @pichi said:

    @Jocphone said:

    @pichi said:

    @Jocphone said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @Jocphone said:

    Barrett yeah, Fall yeah (in a bit of a Fall phase at the moment), Rock Bottom - been listening to that loads too.

    I can't seem to get past Rock Bottom with Robert Wyatt. Nothing else sticks in my head or excites me the way that records does.

    I enjoyed Shleep from 1997. However, mostly I prefer his work with Soft Machine to his solo material. I keep meaning to get more of his solo albums though ...

    Haven't heard that one. Will stick it on later.

    Ruth is stranger than Richard always grabs me, for the title mainly. But I don't remember listening to it in the way that Rock Bottom resonates.

    Do you have the Matching Mole album? Some of my favorite Wyatt tunes on that.

    Years ago. A friend's brother got me into all that stuff. Maybe I should go an revisit.

  • @MonzoPro said:

    @Jocphone said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @Jocphone said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @Jocphone said:

    Barrett yeah, Fall yeah (in a bit of a Fall phase at the moment), Rock Bottom - been listening to that loads too.

    I can't seem to get past Rock Bottom with Robert Wyatt. Nothing else sticks in my head or excites me the way that records does.

    Magical album, sounds like nothing else. I read his biography last year, fascinating read. Love all his stuff, but that’s his best IMO. I was trying to explain to Mrs Monzo last night why artists such as Mark E Smith, Daevid Allen, Viv Stanshall, Robert Wyatt, Beefheart, Zappa, Stephen Stapleton etc. fascinate me so much. I think that album sums it up - it’s pure creativity without compromise. When I hear them, or read about how they work it inspires me to make something myself.

    Have you heard Kevin Ayers Whatevershebringswesing? That’s worth a listen:

    OOh, must seek out the biography. I did read an article where he was talking about the period around this album but that was long ago and I have no idea where I read it. But yeah, the whole thing. In fact, I would I say I can't not listen to the whole album.

    Shleep is nice, as Pichi said - a similar feel to Rock Bottom.

    The book's really good. He's had such a colourful life, that it's an enjoyable read even for non Wyatt fans.

    Excellent, will put that on my reading list. Have started reading All Gates Open: The Story of Can, but struggling to keep reading so far.

Sign In or Register to comment.