Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Question on iPad screenshots.

@Michael

If i capture a screenshot on my iPad screen of a app etc using the power and home button. I then choose to insert it into a discussion I get the message back that the file is to large so have to use Affinity Photo to reduce the size first. Is there a way to reduce the screenshot size that the iPad takes to get around this long process? What the max thumbnail size for the forum?

Comments

• I made you a shortcut:

Shrink JPG

Run it, and select your screenshot(s). It’ll resize them to 2,000 pixels wide, and save them as JPGs to your photo library.

• edited January 2019

I had a similar problem. To solve it, when you do a printscreen, just before recording the image in your library you can do some actions to crop it a little bit...it is usually enough. Now maybe Michael can extend the accepted upload image size...it will be better

• @mistercharlie said:
    I made you a shortcut:

Shrink JPG

Run it, and select your screenshot(s). It’ll resize them to 2,000 pixels wide, and save them as JPGs to your photo library.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! This is incredible useful for me!!!! I was trying to develop a similar shortcut. Without success obviously

• @cuscolima said:
    I had a similar problem. To solve it, when you do a printscreen, just before recording the image in your library you can do some actions to crop it a little bit...it is usually enough. Now maybe Michael can extend the accepted upload image size...it will be better

Cropping also forces iOS to convert from PNG to JPG.

@david_2017 said:

@mistercharlie said:
    I made you a shortcut:

Shrink JPG

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! This is incredible useful for me!!!! I was trying to develop a similar shortcut. Without success obviously

👍 !

• edited January 2019

There's also a number of apps to do this:
    Martin Brachmann - Photo Compress (including estimated output size while adjusting and preview. Shows ads.)
    Webdia - Easy Resize (including estimated output size)
    Koichi Otera - BatchResizer
    vsmedia - Batch Resize

@mistercharlie said:
    I made you a shortcut:

Shrink JPG

That's an elegant solution!

• Cheers people for all the suggestions, good stuff.

• Are you guys using big screen Pros?
    I don’t get that error message on my Air2.

Well, I actually do when my internet connection is acting up and being all slow.
    But that is probably my own issue.

• @CracklePot yep, its only an issue when the picture is too large. iPad 9.7 screenshots are OK, but the 12.9 produces larger files that are too big for the forum.

• @Hmtx said:
    @CracklePot yep, its only an issue when the picture is too large. iPad 9.7 screenshots are OK, but the 12.9 produces larger files that are too big for the forum.

Ah yes. I see now.
    Thanks. :)

• @Hmtx said:
    @CracklePot yep, its only an issue when the picture is too large. iPad 9.7 screenshots are OK, but the 12.9 produces larger files that are too big for the forum.

I’m on a iPad Pro 9.7 and get the message.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Hmtx said:

I’m on a iPad Pro 9.7 and get the message.

Maybe the screen resolution is higher for you than me. Your screenshots must have more overall pixels than mine, I would assume.

Man, I do imagine it is quite a pain to have to crop every screenshot before you can upload it. Makes me appreciate your posts even more. B)

• edited January 2019

ah, sorry for the wrong info. Its been a while since I've had a 9.7" iOS device.

@CracklePot cropping is easy, built right into screenshots in iOS 12. But iOS seems to upscale rather than actually crop the image. its frustrating. I always do it on the laptop

also: Snapseed is another easy iOS app to use for cropping and resizing

• I've pushed up the max upload size, should work now