Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

hardware requirements for iPad

Hi. I've own an iPad Pro 2015 model, using mostly for ForScore. Considering using it now for live synth playing. What hardware do you recommend? I have a Nord A1 synth which likely has USB. Apart from the headphone jack how do I get the audio out of the iPad synths into my PA speakers?

Thank you for any advice.

Comments

• Its a good idea to have an audio interface, also powered usb hub can be useful(or required in some setups)

• @ToMess said:
    Its a good idea to have an audio interface, also powered usb hub can be useful(or required in some setups)

Thanks for this. Any sample setups like this would be welcome.

• edited January 2019

The simplest solution would be plugging a set of Bluetooth LE MIDI dongles into your Nord A1 (Quicco mi.1 or Yamaha MD-BT01) and use an adapter cable from the headphones out to the PA D.I. box.
    Bluetooth MIDI latency is negligible and the sound quality of the iPad's phones out is good enough and has low enough output impedance too.
    I would only add more hardware if this kind of setup doesn't work for you.

• @rs2000 said:
    The simplest solution would be plugging a set of Bluetooth LE MIDI dongles into your Nord A1 (Quicco mi.1 or Yamaha MD-BT01) and use an adapter cable from the headphones out to the PA D.I. box.
    Bluetooth MIDI latency is negligible and the sound quality of the iPad's phones out is good enough and has low enough output impedance too.
    I would only add more hardware if this kind of setup doesn't work for you.

Big fan of the Yamaha adapters, the UD and MD, they work absolutely flawlessly.
    If you do get an interface, I recommend an Arturia Audiofuse, plug and play with iOS, the i/o channels show up instantly, plus it has 3 powered USB ports that you can plug even more crap into, which I love. Also very low latency, low enough to use effects on multiple external instruments through iOS and hear in real time, I think it’s usually around 6ms round trip. Many more features but ya, amazing piece of hardware.