Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Deverbing on ios

So I found this interesting article on de-verbing DIY style using phase inversion and a compressor.

https://riddlermike.wordpress.com/2013/08/25/deverb-for-free-removing-reverb-using-free-plugins/

Successfully did it inside AUM

1) Loaded an echoey drum loop I recorded on my iPhone into audioshare

2) loaded the loop file twice on two seperate inputs in AUM

3) on the 2nd instance I use phase invert and rough rider compressor

Really sounded way more natural than a gate or noise filter

Comments

• Interesting technique.
    Another is FAC Transient to cut the reverb tails.

• I was considering buying it. How useful is it for analoge recordings?

• @Panthemusicalgoat haven’t used it myself, just watched demos people posted on here and was a bit surprised how it worked.

• Add brusfri selectively and you've got an even more powerful setup.

• Cool trick/technique. Thanks for the article link.
    FAC Transient could probably work well in place of the compressor in this setup. Maybe even try both together. Haven’t tried it yet, though, so just an idea.

• edited January 2019

This is essentially what fac transient is. Not sure how much different an expander or transient processor is but they're similar. Fac transient is really cool. I bought it

• @Panthemusicalgoat Many many thanks for sharing!
    That was very interesting.