Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Customers Hardware: Where you shop?

We all know hardware talk gets a little contentious on here but it is all in the name of good gear!

Where do you get yours?

I must be right to the point.

There is no better place that I can say good things than the one and only....

SweetWater!

Best feeling in the world is my little bags of candy that I always save for my first session with the new gear.

Speaking of which....

Ordering the Digitone today so prepare for some upcoming Digitone talk from me!

Where do you get your gear?

Comments

• eBay and craigslist as 95% of my gear is used. None of those folk ever send me candy either.

• PMT music, Manchester, Scan Bolton, Dawsons occasionally ...

• Thomann, Gear4Music and Woodbrass for Europe.

• @enc said:
    PMT music, Manchester, Scan Bolton, Dawsons occasionally ...

@enc said:

Do they give you treats? LOL

What is last thing you bought?

• @kinkujin said:
    eBay and craigslist as 95% of my gear is used. None of those folk ever send me candy either.

Trick or treat!

What is last thing you bought!

• @RUST( i )K said:

@enc said:

@enc said:

Do they give you treats? LOL

What is last thing you bought?

No they dont :'(

the last thing bought was a Roland VT4

• @RUST( i )K said:

@kinkujin said:
    eBay and craigslist as 95% of my gear is used. None of those folk ever send me candy either.

Trick or treat!

What is last thing you bought!

Oops, I forgot Reverb.com. I got my Maschine MK3 from there just recently. :p

• Sweetwater rules - I buy from them whenever possible.

• ProAudiostar (USA), for new stuff. The prices are the best, and no sales tax (for the moment) outside New York State.

Otherwise I get everything used:
    -Craigslist, if it’s worth the drive. You gotta test the stuff thoroughly when you’re there with the person.
    -Used section of guitar center’s website. For common, working man type gear. It’s the Craigslist price but they’ll ship it to you. Often significantly lower prices than eBay. They want to move that stuff, not collect it.
    -For fancy, cork sniffing gear like synths and microphones, Reverb.com or eBay.
    -For eccentric hand percussion, Lark in the Morning, in Berkeley.

• Craigslist, Reverb, eBay for vintage or used. Music go round can still be worth a look too. I got a great deal on an amazing D18 guitar there.

Amazon usually for new because I’m impatient and I can only bear to wait 2 guaranteed days. I’m not proud of this. Sweetwater really is by far the best though so I think I’m going to make a point of giving them my money more. They actually know their stuff and have above and beyond customer service. Thanks for the reminder about them!

• edited January 2019

@Processaurus said:

Lark in the Morning - what a Bay Area gem. I bought a ton of things from them when they were in San Francisco down at the Cannery, and was super bummed when they closed. I followed them online and was so glad to see them reopen under new ownership in Berkeley a couple years back.

• Sweetwater here! Bought a Johnny Mar Jaguar for Christmas. What a beauty!

• My preferred place is a good local shop called Moog Audio (no relation). They always have a huge selection of the latest gear to check out too, even modular and boutique brands.

I'll cross shop online just in case but their prices have been comparable. Lots of the good deals from the US evaporate once you add shipping to Canada plus taxes and exchange rates but it's sometimes worth it.

I've used Craigslist and eBay too with success.

• Always Sweetwater, that dang ol 2 year warranty is always on my mind when shopping. I have used Zzounds too, as we have a 12month no interest plan with them (credit not good Enuff for Sweetwater card)

• Wherever has the kit I want for the cheapest price, I'll spend days shopping around, unless I am in a particular hurry..in which case Scan in Bolton like @enc...I still need to check out PMT Music...I didn't know it existed until a few months ago.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Wherever has the kit I want for the cheapest price, I'll spend days shopping around, unless I am in a particular hurry..in which case Scan in Bolton like @enc...I still need to check out PMT Music...I didn't know it existed until a few months ago.

PMT are mint Andy. Huge gaff on regent road in salford. Staff are friendly and none invasive.. allowing you to browse at leisure. All gear is on display and amped.

• @enc said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Wherever has the kit I want for the cheapest price, I'll spend days shopping around, unless I am in a particular hurry..in which case Scan in Bolton like @enc...I still need to check out PMT Music...I didn't know it existed until a few months ago.

PMT are mint Andy. Huge gaff on regent road in salford. Staff are friendly and none invasive.. allowing you to browse at leisure. All gear is on display and amped.

@RockySmalls was telling me about them....they have a boot sale from time to time too...
    I'm nervous, and my missus is petrified, if I walk in, I'll walk out penniless :cold_sweat: .. although to be honest, I'm pretty much penniless most of the time anyway :D

• edited January 2019

Ebay and Gumtree
    when i lived in us I shopped at Sweetwater and Amazon.

• @Daveypoo said:
    Sweetwater rules - I buy from them whenever possible.

They are the Nordstrom or Saks of the gear world in the US for customer service IMHO.

• Who said SilkRoad........

;)

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Always Sweetwater, that dang ol 2 year warranty is always on my mind when shopping. I have used Zzounds too, as we have a 12month no interest plan with them (credit not good Enuff for Sweetwater card)

SweetCare card is the key to my succes.......in getting gear .....LOL

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AndyPlankton said:

@enc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RockySmalls was telling me about them....they have a boot sale from time to time too...
    I'm nervous, and my missus is petrified, if I walk in, I'll walk out penniless :cold_sweat: .. although to be honest, I'm pretty much penniless most of the time anyway :D

yes, they are aok guys ( and a gal or two nowadays ) i think Colin still manages it , he was there in the nineties when i actually had money to spend on hardware ( good job, as it was the only option then really..) it’s funny going in after more than a decade and a half and there being familiar faces who even recognise you and say hello... strange timewarp feeling..
    I think i might buy one of these Volca Modulars from there when they are out ( if i can stretch to it ) ... just because I like the idea that ‘music shops’ still exist..
    there is never any ‘hard sell’ there, so you shouldn’t worry, besides there is so much kit in there you would never be able to decide what to spend yr cash on.. ‘option paralysis’ will be yr credit cards friend!

• @RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@enc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

yes, they are aok guys ( and a gal or two nowadays ) i think Colin still manages it , he was there in the nineties when i actually had money to spend on hardware ( good job, as it was the only option then really..) it’s funny going in after more than a decade and a half and there being familiar faces who even recognise you and say hello... strange timewarp feeling..
    I think i might buy one of these Volca Modulars from there when they are out ( if i can stretch to it ) ... just because I like the idea that ‘music shops’ still exist..
    there is never any ‘hard sell’ there, so you shouldn’t worry, besides there is so much kit in there you would never be able to decide what to spend yr cash on.. ‘option paralysis’ will be yr credit cards friend!

hahaha! Maybe instead of taking a Credit Card I should take a camping bed :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@enc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

hahaha! Maybe instead of taking a Credit Card I should take a camping bed :D

if you can ultimately resist temptation it makes for a very affordable holiday..
    and the ‘scenery’ is smashing!
    get yrself a Frank Zappa type ‘Studio Tan’ :)

• Reverb. Craigslist.

• @Daveypoo said:

@Processaurus said:

Lark in the Morning - what a Bay Area gem. I bought a ton of things from them when they were in San Francisco down at the Cannery, and was super bummed when they closed. I followed them online and was so glad to see them reopen under new ownership in Berkeley a couple years back.

They are still in business? I used to love that catalog!! I think I only bought a couple things from it though.

• Pro audio star is my first stop, their open box prices are usually for brand new gear anyway. Very slow shipping though.

Sweetwater for expensive stuff that I might need to return if I don't bond with it.

Amazon for everything else, good prices and usually next day Prime delivery for free.

• @DMan said:

@Daveypoo said:

@Processaurus said:

They are still in business? I used to love that catalog!! I think I only bought a couple things from it though.

Yeah! They folded, but then the new owner bought it and moved to Berkeley. The catalog was cool! It was probably standard bathroom reading at Tom Wait’s house.

I remember playing a show in Santa Rosa, at this epic music store that was as big as guitar center, but was chock full of mind blowing, bizarro world music instruments. When I went back later it had vanished, like a dream.