Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Observations

Comments

• Well, money ruins everything in this regard, @MonzoPro. The next opportunity for humans to get it right with regards to elevating the poets and painters is when AI and robots take over most of the work and leave humans with more free time. But it's gonna get ugly in terms of who gets the money in that future world so all bets are off.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Well, money ruins everything in this regard, @MonzoPro. The next opportunity for humans to get it right with regards to elevating the poets and painters is when AI and robots take over most of the work and leave humans with more free time. But it's gonna get ugly in terms of who gets the money in that future world so all bets are off.

Money's not the problem, it's greed. Greed has screwed everything up - the 1% just keep on clawing in more and more of the pie for themselves.

I think the automated robot future is a way off - for the UK anyway. At the moment the government are putting in plans for martial law in preparation for a no-deal Brexit, when the food all runs out. Forget robot servants, we'll gaze upon bananas as a wonderfully exotic luxury.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Money's not the problem, it's greed.

Is it the two combined ? If Love were the commodity, would greed still be an issue ?

Damn...too philosophical..better get some food :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Is it the two combined ? If Love were the commodity, would greed still be an issue ?

Suggest bananas while going still good etc. :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Suggest bananas while going still good etc. :)

I think we'll be good for bananas....not many EU countries producing those :D

• Pet Shop Boys / Give stupidity a chance

• Pet Shop Boys / On social media

• I'm not saying it's the answer (at all) it's the New York Times for gawdsake, BUT some interesting things here to consider on a rainy morning and I like how they tie in the soundbytes as you scroll:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/03/07/magazine/top-songs.html#

• edited March 2019

Am reading Things The Grandchildren Should Know by Mark Oliver Everett.

I've been reading it for about twenty minutes so far and I'm going to really like it. It has that American Faux Simple voice and he has a story to tell.

People have tilted their heads at me over the years and said there was something about stuff I've sometimes done that reminds them of Eels. I have avoided listening to them for this reason, but now I'm thinking that maybe I should.

If you have a suggestion as to a favorite tune or two, I'd be happy to hear about them.

• This is their classic:

• @richardyot Thanks Mister Richard. And, yes, of course, I've heard it without knowing who the it of it were. I think I was thinking/hoping he was a Bonnie Prince Billy type (whatever the hell that is). I don't know whether you've read the book, but it has a very readable melancholy lilt to it. Makes me really want to understand/speak to the unknowable father as much as anything. We are mysteries to each other.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @richardyot Thanks Mister Richard. And, yes, of course, I've heard it without knowing who the it of it were. I think I was thinking/hoping he was a Bonnie Prince Billy type (whatever the hell that is). I don't know whether you've read the book, but it has a very readable melancholy lilt to it. Makes me really want to understand/speak to the unknowable father as much as anything. We are mysteries to each other.

No I've not read it, but I did see a documentary he made years ago about his dad. His dad came up with the infamous Many Worlds Theory while he was a Phd student (as I'm sure you already know from the book of course).

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am reading Things The Grandchildren Should Know by Mark Oliver Everett.

I've been reading it for about twenty minutes so far and I'm going to really like it. It has that American Faux Simple voice and he has a story to tell.

People have tilted their heads at me over the years and said there was something about stuff I've sometimes done that reminds them of Eels. I have avoided listening to them for this reason, but now I'm thinking that maybe I should.

If you have a suggestion as to a favorite tune or two, I'd be happy to hear about them.

Check out the Beautiful Freak album !!!

You will know more of their stuff than you realise....if you've watched any of the Shrek movies that is :)

Things the grandchildren should know - Track

The 2 tracks that got me listening to them in the first place

And some favourites

And just to show they can kick it too

Well.....You did ask :D

• I also recommend Sparklehorse in this genre.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I also recommend Sparklehorse in this genre.

Ahh, one of my all-time favourites... Shame what happened to him.

• Another tragic suicide, with lyrics that might resonate with JG:

Drink up, baby, stay up all night
    With the things you could do, you won't but you might
    The potential you'll be that you'll never see
    The promises you'll only make
    Drink up with me now and forget all about
    The pressure of days, do what I say
    And I'll make you okay and drive them away
    The images stuck in your head
    People you've been before that you
    Don't want around anymore
    That push and shove and won't bend to your will
    I'll keep them still
    Drink up, baby, look at the stars
    I'll kiss you again, between the bars
    Where I'm seeing you there, with your hands in the air
    Waiting to finally be caught
    Drink up one more time and I'll make you mine
    Keep you apart, deep in my heart
    Separate from the rest, where I like you the best
    And keep the things you forgot
    People you've been before that you
    Don't want around anymore
    That push and shove and won't bend to your will
    I'll keep them still

• @AndyPlankton HA! Thanks Andy! Will digest and revel etc.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

That is another name I have had thrown my way once or twice....

• edited March 2019

@richardyot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

A classic begs the question post.

That line in the Wiki post (Teresa Linkous died six years later, on March 5, 2016, from an acute asthma attack.) is somehow so heartbreaking. I don't even know really why. Sometimes literature is accidentally written.

• edited March 2019

Earwigs:

Most commonly sung/hummed:
    The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down ( Virgil Caine is my name and I drove on the Danville train....)

Most commonly whistled:
    La Marseillaise (French national anthem)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

A classic begs the question post.

That line in the Wiki post (Teresa Linkous died six years later, on March 5, 2016, from an acute asthma attack.) is somehow so heartbreaking. I don't even know really why. Sometimes literature is accidentally written.

Yes indeedy

• For no particular reason I found myself watching 'You Only Live Twice'. Bond, 1967. Nostalgia probably. Seems very slow and quite considerably silly, BUT scattered throughout were what could be potentially excellent samples, if anyone's in the market...

• edited March 2019

I would recommend the cultivation of extreme indifference to both praise and blame because praise will lead you to vanity, and blame will lead you to self-pity, and both are bad for writers.

John Berryman

• You Only Live Twice was once my favorite film. Hard to fathom really. I guess at the age I saw it I had only seen a handful of films. That’s my defense anyway.

• @qryss said:
    You Only Live Twice was once my favorite film. Hard to fathom really. I guess at the age I saw it I had only seen a handful of films. That’s my defense anyway.

Mine too. I thought it was the last word in chic espionage, right up there with Burton's shenanigans in Where Eagles Dare... for all of that I was trawling The Ipcress File for samples today and found myself half rooting for Mickey C's Harry Palmer all over again... :)

• Might be of interest to some of you more esoteric muso sample fellows:

https://ngpopgun.wordpress.com/2019/03/27/a-trawl-through-past-time/

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Might be of interest to some of you more esoteric muso sample fellows:

https://ngpopgun.wordpress.com/2019/03/27/a-trawl-through-past-time/

I was reading about this in a music mag this morning. Sounds lovely.

• edited March 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear: Thanks for sharing, i just listened to it. Beautiful. This interview was on BBC Newsnight earlier this year, you may have already seen it, if not here it is: