Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Laura / SynthScaper le

edited January 2019 in Creations

From the 1944 movie of the same name. The thriller starred Jean Tierney, Dana Andrews and the unforgettable Clifton Webb.

First take with SynthScaper le. ThumbJam cello, Kawai Shigeru and RC 275 pianos. iSymph strings and NeoSoul Keys backing the pianos. Now someone can say it sounds like a film score and it’ll be okay. Note: Laura's harmonic makeup is quite unusual. It starts in Am but ends in Cmajor! Though I had to spoil it and return to the minor... and unresolved, cause Laura was only a dream. Lyrics....

Laura is the face in the misty lights
Footsteps that you hear down the hall
The (love) that floats on a summer night
That you can never quite recall
And you see laura on a train that is passing through
Those eyes how familiar they seem
She gave your very first kiss to you
That was laura but she's only a dream
She gave your very first kiss to you
That was laura
But she's only a dream

Songwriters: David Raksin / Johnny Mercer
Laura lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

Comments

• Great work! I always enjoy your music!

• Truly excellent!

• Wow, that's my kinda stuff

• I love the fact that music has a million faces and can shift between them
    in an instant. What you can do with a keyboard is truly mind altering. You've obviously altered yours to think in 3D sound.

Some songs survive for a hundred years while the bulk are forgotten in a few months.

The Director of the movie "Laura", Otto Preminger, wanted to use Ellington's "Sophisticated Lady" for the theme but Otto was convinced to give David Raskin the composer a weekend to write something better. That weekend Raskin got a "Dear John" letter from his wife and wrote this little tune. It's been recorded over 400 times using Johnny Mercer's great lyrics added later.

(All this comes from Wikipedia).

Play on @LinearLineman - we have a finite number of weekends left. This one is going to leave a mark on my brain. Can you leave me your brain in your will? I'll leave you my sock drawer.

• edited January 2019

@scadet, thank you so much for listening and your continued support. It brightens my day. @onkey, same goes for you. Much appreciated. Have you gotten that digeridoo yet?

And thank you, @oat_phipps. Connie taught me about melody using that simple exercise. It's not just about improvising, but going as deep as one can into the melody. Even scales became melody for me.

@McD, interesting about Raskin. Inspiration and pain. Too often arrive at the party together. But didn't Johnny Mercer write the tune, as noted above?

I misread your request... thought you would put my brain in your sock drawer. Not a pretty picture.

• Thanks so much for listening @MonzoPro!

• Had to look up the original movie theme and also the movie because of this...looking forward to watching it.

• Beautiful.

• Holy crap Gene Tierney was a fox

• edited January 2019

She was @oat_phipps , and a difficult life, mental illness, damaged baby, Oleg Cassini, Aly Khan... The works.

And thank you @PhilW, much appreciated.

• @LinearLineman said:
    She was @oat_phipps , and a difficult life, mental illness, damaged baby, Oleg Cassini, Aly Khan... The works.

And thank you @PhilW, much appreciated.

Just finished the movie. Major leap with the detective/Tierney love interest but otherwise very good and really well-written. Loved that honest scene between the Aunt and Laura in her bedroom at the party, that was an all-time classic.

• @oat_phipps, I watched again, too. The version I watched had about twenty minutes missing. The romance was cut out....I was more perplexed by a young advertising account person having a lavish apartment and a country retreat. Yeah, the aunt... brutal.

• edited February 2019

@McD said:
    I love the fact that music has a million faces and can shift between them
    in an instant. What you can do with a keyboard is truly mind altering. You've obviously altered yours to think in 3D sound.

Some songs survive for a hundred years while the bulk are forgotten in a few months.
    Clean Master Adam4adam Mathway
    The Director of the movie "Laura", Otto Preminger, wanted to use Ellington's "Sophisticated Lady" for the theme but Otto was convinced to give David Raskin the composer a weekend to write something better. That weekend Raskin got a "Dear John" letter from his wife and wrote this little tune. It's been recorded over 400 times using Johnny Mercer's great lyrics added later.

(All this comes from Wikipedia).

Play on @LinearLineman - we have a finite number of weekends left. This one is going to leave a mark on my brain. Can you leave me your brain in your will? I'll leave you my sock drawer.

Great work! I always enjoy your music!

• not in anyway true to the original ..but I also love the Spike Jones and his City Slickers version :)

• Thanks for listening and liking @levan. Appreciated!
    @RockySmalls well, Hendrix's Star Spangled Banner was off the mark, too, but it did start out as a drinking song. Thanks for listening!

• Wow :open_mouth: Mesmerized, brother