Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Good Syth for Bass - what you use?

hi to all! I would like to ask you wich synth you use for basslines/basssounds. I am working on some tracks and use Model 15, Sunrizer, D1 and Troublemaker for bass. Maybe there are some more good / special syths for nice bass out there I don’t know?

Comments

• I like iMono/Poly - and Thor. Zeeon is pretty good

• I like ODYSSEi

• imini, zeeon, model d, cyclop

• Depends on what kind of genre you're looking to produce mate. :) If I know this, I can better advise you.

• edited January 2019

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Depends on what kind of genre you're looking to produce mate. :) If I know this, I can better advise you.

genre is like...hmmm...difficult to say...some kind of berlin school sequenzing with ambient influences....I also like the typically 303 modulations/grooves...

I like very much the classical synth bass sounds of the late 70s and 80s/90s

• I like very much the classical synth bass sounds of the late 70s and 80s/90s

in this case try iSEM ;)

• edited January 2019

@Lycaan said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Depends on what kind of genre you're looking to produce mate. :) If I know this, I can better advise you.

genre is like...hmmm...difficult to say...some kind of berlin school sequenzing with ambient influences....I also like the typically 303 modulations/grooves...

Don't forget the easier to program Moog Model D (Minimoog). Like the Model 15, it's a stunning recreation. Truth is though, for Berlin school stuff you already have precisely what you need with Model 15. Only other synth I'd recommend is Zeeon since you have Sunrizer and it's made by the same guy.

• Could also add Viking, another moogy monosynth.
    I think it's probably still on sale too.

• edited January 2019

You can use anything - the sound generator doesn't matter that much ;)
    (even the very low registers of sounds that were never intended to be 'bass' may work)
    That 'bass expression' slips in by sequence (micro) timing and sound modulation - mostly delay and some filter setups.

• edited January 2019

@Lycaan said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Ah, so 70s-80s Jean-Michel Jarre and Vangelis basically. (Who here hasn't listened to JMJ's Equinox album at least 100 times front to back?)

-Model 15 (the king of semi-modulars on iOS)
    -Nanostudio 2's Obsidian (a little less meaty and more neutral than Moog, but definitely great for contrasting timbres)
    -Minimoog Model D (quickly dialing in the Moog magic)
    -Animoog (expressive live playing and yes, purchase all of its IAPs as they contain MOAR timbres, and who doesn't like MOAR? :lol: )
    -iMono/Poly (but only for Gadgeteers as it wouldn't make sense to purchase otherwise as it isn't AU)
    -ReAmp and DAW Cassette (effects for your analogue reel-to-reel emulation needs)

• edited January 2019

Bassalicious and Outta Bass are excellent synths. As everyone knows, the best bass synths have to have bass in their name., no question about it ;) (jk)

Seriously though, other suggestions here are probably more value (Zeeon and such) for their larger sound pallet and more capable synths..I do love the two I mentioned though — Bassalicious is a bit more straightforward and simple design, and also AU, while I somewhat prefer the sounds I’ve gotten out of Outta Bass — it might be a bit of an awkard looking interface at first, but it’s quite powerful and easy to use, with more modulation possibilities than the former.

• @1nsomniak said:
    Could also add Viking, another moogy monosynth.
    I think it's probably still on sale too.

Excellent deal... I hope they port Viking 2 to iOS ..love that one on Reason. Also the 5 AU effects bundle for 2.99 is currently a steal — I put it off for years until just last week, thinking it’d just be too much overlap with all the dozens of other AU effects I have ..quite a pleasant surprise — lightweight, easy to use and top notch sound. Love throwing some DC-9 Overdrive on viking, and perhaps a touch of resampler if I want to get real dirty.

• edited January 2019

iSEM and Thor are my favorites closely followed by Model D and iMono/Poly. Really depends on the situation!

• Model D = bass
    /end B) :D

But sometimes it's too much and doesn't fit the track. Zeeon is good, but more similar to Model D. iMono/Poly is good, too. I think I'm sensing a pattern here. Heh.

• I use iM1 (well, the gadget one of those) on a large amount of my tracks, just supplying a bass guitar sound that underpins whatever else nonsense batshit bass antics I have going on as well.

• This thread is a bit like saying to a bunch of people "what color blue do you like?"

So, yeah. The blues I like: Model D, Bassalicious, Zeeon.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Lycaan said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Ah, so 70s-80s Jean-Michel Jarre and Vangelis basically. (Who here hasn't listened to JMJ's Equinox album at least 100 times front to back?)

Me shamefully runs to YouTube to listen to JMJ Équinoxe a 100 Time before I get my electronic musician card revoqued

• @ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Lycaan said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Me shamefully runs to YouTube to listen to JMJ Équinoxe a 100 Time before I get my electronic musician card revoqued

:lol:

• I can't stand, sorry :trollface:

Answering the OP I will say Bassalicious, iMini and iPolysix... but you know I'm in the dark side...

• edited January 2019

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Lycaan said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I'm gonna admit I'm not a very big fan of JMJ, especially in comparison to his Berlin school peers of the time. All the pieces are there, but it ends up sounding generic and emotionless.

I'll see myself out.

• @oat_phipps said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Lycaan said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I'm gonna admit I'm not a very big fan of JMJ, especially in comparison to his Berlin school peers of the time. All the pieces are there, but it ends up sounding generic and emotionless.

I'll see myself out.

Your electronic musician membership is being revoked immediately. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. :D :D

• edited January 2019

Kaspar because 10 oscillators B)

• @ecou said:

@oat_phipps said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Lycaan said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I'll see myself out.

Your electronic musician membership is being revoked immediately. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. :D :D

Ahhahaha! :lol: He was denied!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

@oat_phipps said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Lycaan said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I'll see myself out.

Ahhahaha! :lol: He was denied!

I prefer the term 'artiste' anyway. Harumph B)

• Sunrizer seems to have missed a mention

• @Paul16 said:
    Sunrizer seems to have missed a mention

It is mentioned in the OP.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    This thread is a bit like saying to a bunch of people "what color blue do you like?"

So, yeah. The blues I like: Model D, Bassalicious, Zeeon.

Basically.
    IMHO, almost any synth can produce a reasonably great bass patch once you spend some time with it. Even if you need to add a little duplicating and FX processing.
    I have Model 15, Model D, Zeeon, DRC, iMonopoly, iSEM, Audulus, and Toublemaker, and they all create some good bass sounds to varying flavours.

• edited January 2019

thx a lot to all!

hmmm a lot of you using zeeon. i own this synth too but i never use it because if i open only one AU in Aum the DSP goes to 30% 😳😱

• @oat_phipps said:

@Paul16 said:
    Sunrizer seems to have missed a mention

It is mentioned in the OP.

Ooops ! the mention missed was mine 🤭