Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 | Hidden Sample Start Point | Obsidian Synth

Not a hidden feature really but not apparent unless you explore the Modulation Matrix.

Comments

• Nice one Mitch, just followed that and it worked perfectly.

You probably know this already, but just in case - you might be interested in the automation options when using this....

If you want to trigger different start points when recording, turning the knob in performance mode can be a bit hit and miss. If you double-click the clip after though, and then the automation icon, you can zoom in and tweak your performance. Gives a really accurate result. You can see this demonstrated at 1:35 in this vid:

• @MonzoPro Thanks. Automating that would be pretty cool. I think the automation inside of NS2 is great but I do wish it could use bezier curve for the points or have that option.

• @gmslayton said:
    @MonzoPro Thanks. Automating that would be pretty cool. I think the automation inside of NS2 is great but I do wish it could use bezier curve for the points or have that option.

Yeah, trying to edit automatation with that pen tool is a bit clunky. Still, nice to have it there.

• edited January 2019

@gmslayton sample start automation, just linear one (0 on start and 100 at end of pattern) opens some very cool posibilities ... check this my video, it's basically "fake timestretch" using sample automation :-) you can change project tempo and that drum loop plays still in sync because it is actually played using sample offset automation

same trick can be used as partial
    replacement for audio tracks ;)

• @dendy said:
    @gmslayton sample start automation, just linear one (0 on start and 100 at end of pattern) opens some very cool posibilities ... check this my video, it's basically "fake timestretch" using sample automation :-) you can change project tempo and that drum loop plays still in sync because it is actually played using sample offset automation

same trick can be used as partial
    replacement for audio tracks ;)

Did you record the audio part externally? It’d be nice if you could resample in NS2, perhaps you can and I haven’t found it yet :smile:

• edited January 2019

i created pattern with slate, then i made mixdown of that loop region and loaded that exported mixdown to obsidian sample oscillator

in mixdown options you can choose if you want to export while song or just somg loop and also if you want export master, or just soloed tracks

• edited January 2019

fastest way to export just one particular part is

• select that part
    • double tap on "action" to set song loop to that part
    • solo that part's track
    • go to settings > project > mixdown
    • choose "type" to "soloed tracks"
    • choose "region" to "song loop"
    • eventually at right side set "render tail" of you want
    • hit export

after export is finished, you even can tap on "view" which jumps to mixdown directory from where you can move your new mixdown to "library" (that's what i usually do)

it's a few step - but there is definitely planned some faster way to do this ... for now - this works. Using it all the time :)

• @dendy said:
    fastest way to export just one particular part is

• select that part
    • double tap on "action" to set song loop to that part
    • solo that part's track
    • go to settings > project > mixdown
    • choose "type" to "soloed tracks"
    • choose "region" to "song loop"
    • eventually at right side set "render tail" of you want
    • hit export

after export is finished, you even can tap on "view" which jumps to mixdown directory from where you can move your new mixdown to "library" (that's what i usually do)

it's a few step - but there is definitely planned some faster way to do this ... for now - this works. Using it all the time :)

Ooh yeah, that’s a good tip, thanks.

• ReSlice works well in NS2 if you have it, a lot quicker for adjusting the slice start points.

One of the things I’m loving about NS2 is the way it saves everything - I’ve made custom sounds and sequences with Noir, and it’s loaded them exactly as they were, despite the fact I haven’t saved the patch in Noir. Same with ReSlice - all my slice points saved, even though I haven’t saved the patch.

Proper time saver that.