Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Forum Members! Post your Non iOS Tracks.

Comments

• @LinearLineman I played bass on everything. These were probably 2012-14'ish

• @LinearLineman I played bass on everything. 2012'ish

• edited January 2019

@LinearLineman
    @Dendy. Energy Drink was just that. Can iOS make that immediacy?

Glad you like lit :) Answer to your question - i think definitely yes :) It's just about inspiration and ideas not about used tools. On one side - it is truth that in that track i used lot of HW (most of sounds are from yamaha AN200 and DX200, for example that off beat sound from 1:35 is DX200, that lead from 2:40 is AN200).. But i think it's more about what i wanted to do in that track than what tools i used - that track was mentioned to be "hook", catchy thing on party which makes people move their asses :)

I got also official release on one relative big label in this music genre, where all tracks were produced exclusively on iOS only (NS1 and BM2 + iOS synths) - and owner of that label, one of well respected producers in this genre, was very excited about sound quality :) So yes, as i said above, used tools doesn't matter, it's about inspiration, creativity :)

• edited January 2019

Mostly OP-1 and MPC.

Please peep. It’s a playlist.

• edited January 2019

@TheOriginalPaulB your part in the Return? Very nice keyboard and vocal.
    @Multicellular interesting "Modern Times" video. Kind of Doors feel. Felt my watchspring running down. Liked Sirena, too. Definitely Morrison for me. Thanks!
    @LeeB you are improving with age. Strange 50s sci-fi feel to your black and white manipulations of that gear. Thanks!
    @ashen_hand , unsettling is right! Spotify connected me with someone who likes good music by listening to your tracks. I agree, though a bit of a dichotomy,
    @MrSmileZ Cool. Killer bees, artillareez.... rant on like Phidipideez
    @oat_phipps video not available. Are you banned in Turkey? ( just kidding) post something else, please.
    @pagefall emotive dark ambient. The video was strangely atmospheric. Now I get to ask... do players really know what each unmarked button means?
    @Kranick Nice trackless track. Thanks for posting.
    @Icepulse great feeling for video. Loved he Soul Train. Thanks!

• I’m guessing you mean the monome grid? Yes you’d be surprised how quickly you learn the scripts you use (& i wrote one of the ones I use, and imported the Kira sequencer from eurorack to the Norns so I k ow those inside out now)

I have a fairly spatial memory too which I imagine helps

• edited January 2019

playing a drum with some folk styling chums ...

• A bit of Ukrainian folklore in combination with death metal. I sing and play on everything :)
    https://7angel.bandcamp.com/track/volunteer-battalion

• @LinearLineman said:
    @TheOriginalPaulB your part in the Return? Very nice keyboard and vocal.

I was the main writer and played bass guitar with some backing vocals near the end.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Multicellular interesting "Modern Times" video. Kind of Doors feel. Felt my watchspring running down. Liked Sirena, too. Definitely Morrison for me. Thanks!

Thanks. And interesting youd hear that in that. Doors were a major early influence. But I thought Id strayed quite far from it. A Vox Continental was actually my first keyboard of any kind. But it kept breaking and I was already really a guitar and bass player. I was really trying to get in a band playing keys but people kept asking me to play bass and sing (lol perhaps as much for my stage antics as my vocals)

• @ashen_hand said:
    Take heed, unsettling is a vibe I actively seek out. This EP is the sum of a microKorg, TE PO32, Circuit, Unfiltered Audio, Izotope, and MULAB+MUX. There’s some moments and some noodles, and it’s not mixed for small devices.
    https://open.spotify.com/track/482769pTxcp8ivp21Bp4De?si=MlgogzVIRW-HCymm7kT3kw

Wow. With my synthesthesia, this is mildly painful to the eyes in a too spicy hot sauce kind of way. But I like hot sauce, listened twice.

• @Daveypoo Listened to Stone Cold Groovin and Midnight Groove at random. Huge Booker T. & The MGs/Steve Cropper fan so these were right up my alley. Really good. That synth solo on Midnight Groove is searing!

I'm working my way through so there will be continuous edits. Apologies if the forum keeps sending notifications for every edit.

@LinearLineman You're a true gentleman to listen to everyone's output and provide feedback. I appreciate your diligence here - I've not had a chance to give every tack posted here it's due, but with small children running around time is at a premium up in this joint.

Thanks for your comment on the Lovelight Blues Band being recorded so well. Credit where credit is due - thanks to Kid Andersen and Greaseland Studios, we got a smokin' recording. I love engineering, but it's nice when I can just concentrate on the performance.

In regards to the other tunes you mentioned - I was writing generic production music for Radio/TV/Movies for awhile and that collection is the best of the tracks I did. I'm pretty proud of that collection as it represents the summit of a number of production techniques I'd been working on for a few years. The tunes are purposefully on the generic side but I'm happy with the way it all went down.

Thank you again for all your feedback - it's especially nice when it's unsolicited and positive, as yours is.

• edited January 2019

@Daveypoo, though I would like to take credit for such informed observations, it is my good friend, @oat_phipps, that made those erudite comments. But you know I'm a fan, too, just an illiterate one.

• @LinearLineman said:
    erudite comments. But you know I'm a fan, too, just an illiterate one.

"I'm just a simple country lawyer but I do have a few questions your honor." - Abe Lincoln or somebody of that ilk.

• Here’s an original piece made with various instruments and a Korg MicroSampler back in 2010:

And here’s a more recent piece using the OP-1 to accompany Charlie Rose interviewing Fred Rogers:

• McDMcD
    edited January 2019

Is there a way to post vinyl?
    VHS Tapes?
    Cassette recordings?

They are all in storage in boxes somewhere but I'm curious.
    I saw a USB Record Player but my phone only has Lightning so I'm probably stuck in Limbo.

It's OK. The vinyl recordings are high school and college bands and one Band track on a collections album from "The Cowboy" club that was in Anaheim in the Urban Cowboy years when everyone thought they could Ride Bulls and do the 2 Step in long lines.

The VHS tapes are a weekly community TV Open Mic I engineered and embarrassed my children by playing guitar poorly.

The Cassette recordings are odds and ends from songwriting experiments.

I just wanted to complain about not having a life lived on the internet. You kids have no idea how hard is was to package up music and loose money trying to sell it. I never even tried.

I have a moronic friend that called his CD or original music:

"Music to Scrapbook By" in the hopes of selling some of his 1000 CD's. It didn't work and probably cost him rather than just calling it "Vanity Project #1". He probably has 900 CD's left. You want one?

• @McD said:

...hammer and nail? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry about that, I’ll see myself out.

• McDMcD
    edited January 2019

@3sleeves said:

@McD said:

...hammer and nail? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry about that, I’ll see myself out.

Not a problem bud. Vinyl has a small hole in the middle. Now what? I have a telephone poll in front of my house if that improves bandwidth for an upload. We have dial-up.

Cassette and CD's have holes too. I thought I was left out of the digital world.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Daveypoo, though I would like to take credit for such informed observations, it is my good friend, @oat_phipps, that made those erudite comments. But you know I'm a fan, too, just an illiterate one.

I stand corrected! However, I don't take it back as you did make some nice comments about Mexican Bulldog - I could only hope to have a fraction of the talent that's in George Harrison's pinky toe, so I take that as extremely high praise.

@oat_phipps By correction, appreciate the feedback on those tunes. The MGs are a long time favorite so I'm very ok with the comparison!

• And this which was started in Groovebox, but developed and finished in Reason.

• Let’s try this again, as people were having trouble with the link.

Slippy Guppy by We Used To See The Sky: https://open.spotify.com/track/1Mek99XAURyEJlcxLJaJtf?si=NELIlbBSQ_2EBbrLf5Ooqw

• This goes back a decade. It was recorded as the first track of my last bands (Mermaid Kiss) CD release- written, played and recorded total by myself on a PC running Saplitude Pro as the DAW. Most of the orchestral samples were from the Garattan(?) sample library. It was great fun.

• edited January 2019

@McDtracy said:
    @gkillmaster - very arresting tracks. Gotta follow you forward.

Wow, thanks for this! I very much appreciate the feedback!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @gkillmaster you are the Stephan King of sound.

Woah, haha! never could have imagined this but I appreciate you listening and responding and kinda know what you mean :)

• @LinearLineman said:

@LeeB you are improving with age. Strange 50s sci-fi feel to your black and white manipulations of that gear. Thanks!

Thank you sir

• @3sleeves very enjoyable. Both tracks. I had forgotten the lugubrious Mr. Rogers. He was resting in peace even before he split,

@Ego_Likeness , worth the price of admission! What part did you play?

@Michael_R_Grant Loved that. Great guitar and vocal. Thanks!

@ageezz , just my cup of tea. Lots of talent and drama. Too short.

• @ion677
    beautiful piano sound and playing