Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quantiloop - Getting Started with Looping in iOS

Not a complete guide but I hope it helps someone get started with some looping using Quantiloop.

If anybody has any questions let me know. My plan is to do more quantiloop videos as I improve my looping setup.

Comments

• Awesome. Thanks !!

• @quantiloop your welcome! More to come!

Question, any chance a future update to add more midi routing options to AUv3s?

• Nice one - better than anything else I’ve seen on this app!

• good stuff.

So, hey screen recording has a touch indicator now? what's the little yellow dot? are you recording on MacOS or on iOS?

• On the MIDI control: MIDI control of AU parameters is planned for the next release

• @Hmtx iOS. It just showed up. Not sure what I did, but I realized I wasn’t on the latest update either so it must have been the last update. It is pretty cool and saves in post edits with highlighting areas.

• @quantiloop you sir, are awesome!!!!!

• on MacOS? It doesn't show up for me on iOS 12.1.3

• @Hmtx so it must be with just Quantiloop. Tested a few other apps and nothing.

@quantiloop have you added special code to show finger tracking of screen record is enabled? If so, that should be standard code for all music apps.

• COOL. Definitely should be enabled for all music apps :)

• Yes this is code embedded in quantiloop ;)

• @quantiloop said:
    Yes this is code embedded in quantiloop ;)

@alliOSDevelopers ^^ take notes!!!!!

• @quantiloop Do you have plans to add more than one Effect slot (AU/App) in the 4 input channels? I would really appreciate this as there is no AU channel Strip as in e.g. Auria available. So I would like to at least add an AU EQ & an AU compressor to polish the incoming audio.

• @gmslayton Hadn't see this before. Very helpful. Keep suspecting QTL is brilliant but keep not quite getting it. This def. helps. What do you use for the fun rotoscoping effect on the vid?

• @JohnnyGoodyear rotoscoping as in the comic look? It’s a new feature in Final Cut Pro X. It’s pretty fun.

• @gmslayton said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear rotoscoping as in the comic look? It’s a new feature in Final Cut Pro X. It’s pretty fun.

Ah.....shame, not in my toolbox, but a fun thing there.

• I am using Wind Midi controller Yamaha WX5 and also Tenor Saxophon.
    I also have IPad Air2 and Irig Midi Interface.
    Can I make Loops with Quantiloop App via Irig Midi Interface?
    When I also buy an Audio Interface for IPad can I make Loops with Sacophone and Switch between Audio and Midi?
    How can i Control Loops (Midi Pedal …)
    Please Write also to [email protected]; Thank you!
    Regards Michael

• @Michael123 Quantiloop will not record midi notes, only audio but if you are using the iRig Midi interface to control an audio app on your iPad and sending the audio into Quantiloop, then yes.

With an audio interface, you will be able to record and make loops with Quantiloop. As far as switching between the 2, you will need to get a little more specific about your Audio interface choose.

I would assume the iRig Midi will work via USB to a CCK instead of straight lightning. If that is the case, then using a powered USB Hub with a Camera Connection Kit to connect both an Audio interface and the iRig should allow you to use both.

I control Quantiloop with a Line6 FBV MK2 foot controller.

• @gmslayton said:
    Not a complete guide but I hope it helps someone get started with some looping using Quantiloop.

If anybody has any questions let me know. My plan is to do more quantiloop videos as I improve my looping setup.

Mitch what recorder are you using?

• @RUST( i )K are you talking about the zoom H4N pro?