Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My Wife’s Book is Live (you should buy one for yourself)

2»

Comments

• It’s hard enough to write a boook, but the subject matter...damn! Congrats to her for getting it out there and to all involved. Hope it’s a success.

• @TozBourne said:
    It’s hard enough to write a boook, but the subject matter...damn! Congrats to her for getting it out there and to all involved. Hope it’s a success.

Thank you for the support, brother

• Christ, that sounds like a fascinating premise!
    I will definitely be putting it on my reading list.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    Christ, that sounds like a fascinating premise!
    I will definitely be putting it on my reading list.

:)

• This is extremely cool, @Littlewoodg! Congrats to your wife!

• edited July 2018

@theconnactic said:
    This is extremely cool, @Littlewoodg! Congrats to your wife!

Thanks very much!
    Live today on Amazon (officially live when released online, these days)
    https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Chapters-Finding-Recovery-Renewal/dp/0525534636/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1531231342&sr=1-1

• @Littlewoodg an amazing and uplifting story. So much family tragedy remains just that. Your wife has changed that outcome for herself and her family. It ain't easy to write. I have tried it. It can be lonely, daunting and frustrating. Perfect ingredients to seek the escape hatch. Your wife's transcendence is a spiritual awakening of the deepest kind, from the root of despair. It must take great courage to face the consequences of a force that has you in its grips and never lets go.

One suggestion, you might change the title of the discussion to indicate the subject matter. Honestly, I just hit the title by accident. Very glad I did. Yes, a great movie. Charlize Theron?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Littlewoodg an amazing and uplifting story. So much family tragedy remains just that. Your wife has changed that outcome for herself and her family. It ain't easy to write. I have tried it. It can be lonely, daunting and frustrating. Perfect ingredients to seek the escape hatch. Your wife's transcendence is a spiritual awakening of the deepest kind, from the root of despair. It must take great courage to face the consequences of a force that has you in its grips and never lets go.

One suggestion, you might change the title of the discussion to indicate the subject matter. Honestly, I just hit the title by accident. Very glad I did. Yes, a great movie. Charlize Theron?

Thanks for this thoughtful note. The wife says Theron isn’t pretty enough :)

• @Littlewoodg Congratulations to your wife. Others have already beat me to expressing the thought that her story would make a great movie. The question I have is, who would you pick to play you?

• @studioAB said:
    @Littlewoodg Congratulations to your wife. Others have already beat me to expressing the thought that her story would make a great movie. The question I have is, who would you pick to play you?

Ha!
    Thanks for the note :)

• @Littlewoodg said:

Any interesting updates from the world of Book Marketing? Amazon shows only 1 copy left in stock. Does that mean something good? Like a second run of the book due to better sales than anticipated?

• @McDtracy said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Any interesting updates from the world of Book Marketing? Amazon shows only 1 copy left in stock. Does that mean something good? Like a second run of the book due to better sales than anticipated?

That does sound like a good thing, I don’t think my wife knows about that...thanks!

There’s been some press, Times (London) met up with her in NYNY for an interview, next reading is at Vromans in Pasadena, in conversation with Celeste Fremon and Greg Boyle SJ., (founder of Homeboy Industries)

• Got my copy the other day. It's in my book queue. Glad to hear she's getting press!

• For street cred it's worth pointing out your wife did her time at the LA County Jail.

It only gets 2 stars on Yelp:

https://yelp.com/biz/la-county-jail-los-angeles

I'm sure the book makes the place come alive with real people with real stories like your wive's.

I just noticed on Audible that she narrates the book herself.

https://audible.com/pd/Bios-Memoirs/The-Lost-Chapters-Audiobook/B07DY6H7G4?qid=1532465574&sr=sr_1_1&ref=a_search_c3_lProduct_1_1&pf_rd_p=e81b7c27-6880-467a-b5a7-13cef5d729fe&pf_rd_r=PZQ54ENBXYA6N33WH8TV&

• edited July 2018

@McDtracy said:
    For street cred it's worth pointing out your wife did her time at the LA County Jail.

It only gets 2 stars on Yelp:

https://yelp.com/biz/la-county-jail-los-angeles

I'm sure the book makes the place come alive with real people with real stories like your wive's.

I just noticed on Audible that she narrates the book herself.

https://audible.com/pd/Bios-Memoirs/The-Lost-Chapters-Audiobook/B07DY6H7G4?qid=1532465574&sr=sr_1_1&ref=a_search_c3_lProduct_1_1&pf_rd_p=e81b7c27-6880-467a-b5a7-13cef5d729fe&pf_rd_r=PZQ54ENBXYA6N33WH8TV&

Yes, hilarious that people Yelp jail...
    LA County women’s facility, where she did her time is known locally as “Lynwood” aka CRDF, and there’s a Yelp for it too.
    The first review is pretty funny, a dude reviewed Lynwood as if it was a club https://www.yelp.com/biz/los-angeles-county-century-regional-detention-facility-lynwood

Thanks for putting up the Audible link!

• @Littlewoodg, any movie offers yet? You can probably find the composer for the music here... if you need jazz, well... Maybe @Telstar5 would be right with a jazz rap. Good luck to your family with that!

• edited July 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    @Littlewoodg, any movie offers yet? You can probably find the composer for the music here... if you need jazz, well... Maybe @Telstar5 would be right with a jazz rap. Good luck to your family with that!

No concrete offers yet, but there have been a few nibbles. Thanks for asking!
    If anyone is in LA area Aug 14, she’s doing a reading at Vromans books in Pasadena with Fr. Greg Boyle SJ, (Homeboy Industries) and Celeste Fremon 7p.

• @Littlewoodg, I know it might seem too forward but why don't you post every week as to what's happening if 1/it isn't an invasion of your privacy 2/you can take a couple of the inevitable detractors who will object to your shameless marketing for one reason or another and 3/ you can handle shameless marketing.

That was my business in my former life. Something as good as what your wife has done, based on a universal experience (any addiction) and the large potential audience here deserves some creative outreach. Just list as off topic. I,for one, would find it fascinating. But, of course, it may just not be right for your situation. Best of luck in any event!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Littlewoodg, I know it might seem too forward but why don't you post every week as to what's happening if 1/it isn't an invasion of your privacy 2/you can take a couple of the inevitable detractors who will object to your shameless marketing for one reason or another and 3/ you can handle shameless marketing.

That was my business in my former life. Something as good as what your wife has done, based on a universal experience (any addiction) and the large potential audience here deserves some creative outreach. Just list as off topic. I,for one, would find it fascinating. But, of course, it may just not be right for your situation. Best of luck in any event!

Thanks I think you’re right, I’m going to do as you suggest. Will post as stuff pops up :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2018

@Max23 said:
    hm, as people seem to relate to substance abuse ...
    how about this
    https://www.amazon.de/Alice-Cooper-Golf-Monster-Becoming/dp/0307382915/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_0/260-3858313-7235541?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=51RW91H0N9TZN1BPDW1H

filled with anecdotes about Salvador Dalí, Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Groucho Marx,
    a kaleidoscope of pop history

Cool except my wife didn’t write that one :)

Saw Alice at my local YMCA 45-ish years ago in Chicagoland

• @Littlewoodg, that is great! I look forward to reading about your experiences and progress!

• edited January 2019

Finally got to my reading list and I just finished it. This is a triumph! Enlightening and sad and uplifting and so human. Tremendous admiration for the story and for her journey. If you haven’t yet, you should read it.

Oh, and if you know nothing about the state of incarceration in this country (which I know scant little) then you will be in for a rude surprise. This should be required reading for anyone who is considering a career in social work, criminal justice, etc.

• I just started the audiobook for my daily walks. She narrates quite well along with the prose style.

• @McDtracy said:
    I just started the audiobook for my daily walks. She narrates quite well along with the prose style.

I have made it to the first book that Leslie reads and I'm glad I did. Getting to that point in the story is a harrowing experience. I'm glad to know how this turns out. One can only image living it.
    Maybe some can do more than that. As a person with more alcoholics in my family than sober ones I'm glad my brother rode a bike up to the point when he ended his life daily consumption of C2H5OH. He was effectively a functioning alcoholic and would never have survived what Leslie describes. People need to read this book to effect changes that will matter. "Orange is the New Black" glosses over the realities of the jail experience. Leslie does not.

The US Penal system is rife with Sadists. The Police also do not come off here without changing my view of "To Protect and Serve". Who is exactly being Protected and from Whom?

Overwhelmingly this experience is applied according to a racial and wealth standard for deciding who will and who will not get the treatment.

Of course, if Leslie hadn't "attacked" the two 6ft tall, 250 lbs arresting officers while being black out drunk she could have avoided this vacation in hell, right? Don't do the crime... ya-da, ya-da. That fight should have been on pay per view. She's a fiesty 100-somthing lbs 5 ft something female and is trained in the art of falling on her attackers. They never see it coming and she has bested many such powerful trained attackers. If they didn't put her in handcuffs and thrwo her in the back of the police car and beat her to be silent she might have stumbled away too. So, training for combat can help avoid jail. In a perfect Arizona world she would have been carrying and could have shot her way to freedom. Am I right? It can't happen to me. I'm prepared to defend myself and drink to excess.

• I'm up to book #3.

This book needs to become a mini-series on HBO, Netflix or Amazon Prime. It's not suitable for over the air TV.

I think an aging actress that produces should option as a star vehicle suitable for Golden Globe, Emmy attention. There are many looking for good stories and this one is a doozy. Incredible dramatic confrontations balanced with redemption and human moments that transcend a normal existence.

Hell they could use it for "Based on a True Story" and pick it over for a 2 hour movie but there's enough content for a 10 episode Mini-series in the hands of a good show runner like Joel Weinstein of "The Americans". The guys behind "Game of Thrones" are looking for a new story to get passionate about.
    They floated the terrible idea:

"What if the South had one the Civil War?"

Please don't let that sink in. Just don't.

The best moment in the book comes when Leslie admits her English Lit perspective on a book of poetry before loosing her freedom might have been overly indulgent. This makes me wish the 3 hosts from the Slate Culture Gabfest could get a few days in the slammer for excess parking tickets. No luck. 3 privileged whites would never have excess parking tickets and if they did they would just pay the fine. They would have to shoot a police officer to see the inside and then only with a bad attorney to fuck it up.

But it would help them see culture differently. As artifacts of human existence as it is lived by most people and not by a select well trained few. They can reach levels of arrogance achieved by Tom Wolfe taking a piss on his peers.

Does anyone know Reese Witherspoon personally? She too young but I'm not sure age is the essential casting quality to make the story work. It's intelligence and empathy that are key.

By the way... Greg Littlewood, it is reported, "looks like a movie star". It's the only false moment in the book so far.

• TL;DR

Greg has beautiful hands and loves his wife. He almost lost her.

I finished Leslie's audible book. We're on first name basis now. Read it and you will be too. No one has ever explained themselves with as much honesty as I found in this book. I'm sure she teaches her students that good writing is above all honest and not an exercise is word juggling. Her affection for good poetry also helps create images.

This is NOT a book about reading. This is a book about 37 days of hell.
    Curious to know what lock up is like even for a person of social privilege?
    Check it out.

Biographies and memoirs are my favorite listens (and reads). They show you
    how people cope, create and connect like no other medium. Using the audible "Subscription" approach it's very affordable and makes walking, driving and any mundane task more enjoyable.

This book narrates a horror that almost 1% of US citizens experience. I would never call them the bottom %1 after reading this book. I would call them victims of the injustice system. Innocent? Some. But this system is sadistic and is rapidly becoming a profit center with high profit margins. It feeds on the disenfranchised and the mentally ill. Alcoholism is a disease. I have it and have been able to manage it. My sister almost experienced this story but found the 12 Steps to manage her shame. If you know someone that abuses substances of any form give them this book.

• @McD Appreciate your review(s)...

• edited January 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @McD Appreciate your review(s)...

Ditto

Thanks much @McD I know she’ll appreciate your thoughtful words