Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IMPC pro 2 Updated

The iMPC Pro parameters have now an automation editor. Maybe AU automation next? :)

Comments

• Looks much better on the maxiPad now :}

• @Retronyms
    Thanks for this. Don’t suppose there’s a great new video to accompany this?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    @Retronyms

@ExAsperis99 not right now, but I'll see if our developers can put one together! - Niki

• @Retronyms said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    @Retronyms

@ExAsperis99 not right now, but I'll see if our developers can put one together! - Niki

Your videos are truly great.

• Thanks! I'm so glad that you like them. We're putting together a video and it will be out some time next week. :) While I have you, what other kinds of videos would you like to see?

Best,
    Taylor
    Marketing Coordinator

• Honestly, everything I've seen is entertaining and high quality. A workflow video of iMPC Pro 2 would be great: bringing in AUs, sampling from Spotify, and the crucially exporting somewhere. Can iMPC send stems to a DAW like Auria?

• @Retronyms Please make a video about the Spotify sampling...I believe a video was made about doing this with your Hook app awhile ago, but I would like to see this in action with iMPC Pro 2. I have a Spotify premium subscription so this may be a great reason for me to buy the app if the workflow is nice and easy peazy.... :wink:

• edited April 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Honestly, everything I've seen is entertaining and high quality. A workflow video of iMPC Pro 2 would be great: bringing in AUs, sampling from Spotify, and the crucially exporting somewhere. Can iMPC send stems to a DAW like Auria?

It can, using AudioCopy, including separate stems for the fx sends.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Honestly, everything I've seen is entertaining and high quality. A workflow video of iMPC Pro 2 would be great: bringing in AUs, sampling from Spotify, and the crucially exporting somewhere. Can iMPC send stems to a DAW like Auria?

That is the video I’d like to see.

• edited April 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

That is the video I’d like to see.

IPadLoops (DJ Puzzle) has got you covered, looks like.

• More JP singing Demo Song videos please >:)

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    More JP singing Demo Song videos please >:)

demo song
    demo song
    demo song

It just sticks with you. I'm not even kidding.

• anyone try syncing this up with an mpd controller? i feel it should be a seemless, ableton-esque integration for obvious reasons.

• Impc pro1/2 needs Files.app integration for import/export most top apps have this now.

• @stormbeats said:
    Impc pro1/2 needs Files.app integration for import/export most top apps have this now.

Last time I heard from them it was under evaluation.

Don't know how many of their users are still running legacy(8,9 & 10) iOS version?!
    iOS12 will hit us in less than 6 months so it's about time move on.

All cool stuff is happening on iOS11+ anyway.

• edited April 2018

@Retronyms I emailed about the envelope shaping Really would like to see knob dials instead of the line drawing for attack sustain decay release And for some reason full ASDR isn’t an option in one shot mode only attack / release and the release slopes are way too slow especially for drums
    A feature I requested was implemented within days in Beatmaker3 - convert a stereo sample to mono left/right So essential when taking a sample sometimes the drums etc of the original source may have been panned either Left or Right or whatever the sample you want - option to choose left or right Crucial bit like the oldschool way where I would sample Left or Right in my hardware Akai Mpc
    This option is in AudioShare but to be able to do this in impc pro 1/2 via the sample edior would be a step up

• @stormbeats said:
    Also I emailed about the envelope shaping Really would like to see knob dials instead of the line drawing for attack sustain decay release And for some reason full ASDR isn’t an option in one shot mode only attack / release and the release slopes are way too slow especially for drums
    A feature I requested was implemented within days in Beatmaker3 - convert a stereo sample to mono left/right So essential when taking a sample sometimes the drums etc of the original source may have been panned either Left or Right or whatever the sample you want - option to choose left or right Crucial bit like the oldschool way where I would sample Left or Right in my hardware Akai Mpc

Another pretty 'basic' thing would be loop-markers for samples (for sustained sounds) when using envelopes as well as an option to use a keyboard to play the samples. Some of the sound packs include 'instrument samples' (the *.wavs have loop points set) but in iMPC Pro 2 the loop-points are not used, they just pay as long single-shot samples and when stopping a song they play to the end unless double-tap on stop to silence them.

I dumped some of the sound packs to BM3 and voila the instrument samples were already properly 'looped' :)
    Once you get a reply from the support, keep the communication open and constructive.

At least iMPC Pro 2 no longer crashes when I select inputs 3+4 for recording but seriously, there's still no way to monitor the incoming audio when sampling. I can monitor when recording audio-tracks but there's no easy way to transfer a recorded audio-track to a pad or is there? (I'll have to check if the recorded audio-tracks end up as *.wav files that can be dragged to pads).

• edited April 2018

@Samu @Retronyms yeah few more minor enhancements it will be a top contender - the app still crashes when tapping the Projects Folder within the app
    Also multi select delete of samples and left swipe delete of individual samples would speed things up for workflow oppossed to dragging to the bin which is ok for deleting sample from pad but in column list view not so good
    The mix Compressor is so damn good would be great on individual tracks or if ever Group Tracks gets implemented

• edited January 2019

The iMPC Pro 2 2.0.10 update just dropped with plenty of 'fixes'...
    ...but there's still some (for me quite important) features missing.

For 'sampling' I can see that my interface is correctly detected but how on earth do I select which input to sample from?(and monitor it for that matter).

Ironically all the options are present when recording an audio-track including monitoring!

In due time I hope @Retronyms will fix this, maybe in iMPC Pro 2 2.1.x or something?!

• edited January 2019

Had a midi freeze with a AU within moments of trying the update out no change there !

• @Samu said:
    The iMPC Pro 2 2.0.10 update just dropped with plenty of 'fixes'...
    ...but there's still some (for me quite important) features missing.

For 'sampling' I can see that my interface is correctly detected but how on earth do I select which input to sample from?(and monitor it for that matter).

Ironically all the options are present when recording an audio-track including monitoring!

In due time I hope @Retronyms will fix this, maybe in iMPC Pro 2 2.1.x or something?!

Hey @Samu,

I'm adding this to the next update list now. 2.0.10 was definitely a stability update. The next one will include many new features. Thanks again for sharing this request with us! -Niki

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Had a midi freeze with a AU within moments of trying the update out no change there !

Hi,

This sounds like a bug. Can you please provide some steps so we can reproduce this issue?

Thanks! Niki

• @Retronyms said:

Hey @Samu,

I'm adding this to the next update list now. 2.0.10 was definitely a stability update. The next one will include many new features. Thanks again for sharing this request with us! -Niki

Thanks!
    I can already 'feel' some of the fixes, especially when recording with time-correct, no more double-triggering :)
    The new 'auto save' when swiping out of the app is quite handy!

Over all feels like a solid update so far, no crashes!
    (Installing iOS12.1.3 as I write this so I hope it remains stable after the update).

• Yup! Audio tracks have more robust external audio device support than the regular sampler. It's a different codepath (long story), but improving our ol' sampler code is definitely on my radar. This was more of a bugfix release than a feature release, but next release we're focusing on features. -Louis

• edited January 2019

Hrmmm. My scene with a single AU instance and some samples still crashes. Hrmmmm. @Retronyms where should i send the archived file again?

• edited January 2019

@Retronyms i made a post to say all has improved - i spoke too soon Samples glitching still - i give up ..Samples are in one shot mode but randomly cut short..crazeeeeeee
    Ive not setvany mute groups Bug buggy bug

• @echoopera said:
    Hrmmm. My scene with a single AU instance and some samples still crashes. Hrmmmm. @Retronyms where should i send the archived file again?

Please send it to [email protected] -Niki

• When I attempt to change the scale it crashes.

• @Stephan523 said:
    When I attempt to change the scale it crashes.

Hi, scale of what? Scale of an AU? Please clarify thanks - Niki

• @Stephan523 said:
    When I attempt to change the scale it crashes.

Can confirm.
    When changing scales of an AU the app crashes.