Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @AudioGus said:

@icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:

@davis_korgrd said:

We'll be providing a minor update for iMS-20 and iPolysix. I don't think we can promise Link for this update, but it's something I've actually put a lot of time into getting working so I hope we can eventually make that happen.

Will owners of these get the Gadget versions, or will we have to buy those separately?

+1 :open_mouth:

I am curious as well but shamefully more from a sadistic/drama perspective.

:D :D

• @AudioGus said:

@icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:

@davis_korgrd said:

We'll be providing a minor update for iMS-20 and iPolysix. I don't think we can promise Link for this update, but it's something I've actually put a lot of time into getting working so I hope we can eventually make that happen.

Will owners of these get the Gadget versions, or will we have to buy those separately?

😂😂😂

Ehh... SH: I thought that was funny - IT.

• @AudioGus said:

@icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:

@davis_korgrd said:

Kinky.

Well, from an unbiased standpoint I would expect the Gadgets to come with the standalone apps, as this is how their products have been marketed previously - iM1, iMonopoly etc. The only difference being the iMS20 etc. were out before Gadget, so it’s a later addition. Also the price of the iMS20 and iPolysix are in line with later standalone/Gadget combos, so making existing customers pay extra would be a bit of a rip-off.

I can’t use Gadget anyway due to the heat/battery issues they haven’t fixed, but charging extra for the Gadget versions would be the final nail in the coffin for that one, for me anyway. I’ve been squeezed for a couple of hundred smackers already, I’m not prepared to be held upside down by my ankles, while they shake me down for any remaining loose change.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:

@davis_korgrd said:

Kinky.

Well, from an unbiased standpoint I would expect the Gadgets to come with the standalone apps, as this is how their products have been marketed previously - iM1, iMonopoly etc. The only difference being the iMS20 etc. were out before Gadget, so it’s a later addition. Also the price of the iMS20 and iPolysix are in line with later standalone/Gadget combos, so making existing customers pay extra would be a bit of a rip-off.

I can’t use Gadget anyway due to the heat/battery issues they haven’t fixed, but charging extra for the Gadget versions would be the final nail in the coffin for that one, for me anyway. I’ve been squeezed for a couple of hundred smackers already, I’m not prepared to be held upside down by my ankles, while they shake me down for any remaining loose change.

Riveting prologue! (Is that distant popping I hear?)

• @MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:

I’m not prepared to be held upside down by my ankles, while they shake me down for any remaining loose change.

Is anyone at Korg tall enough to do that to you matey ? :D

• @MonzoPro said:
    ...charging extra for the Gadget versions would be the final nail in the coffin for that one, for me anyway...

I've reinstalled EVERYTHING. But keeping my expectations / wishes in check. I agree with this sentiment!

• Yeah, surely Korg will include the Gadgets with the standalone apps as they have done before, as they have confirmed a small update for the standalones are coming then this seems to back this theory up :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:

I’m not prepared to be held upside down by my ankles, while they shake me down for any remaining loose change.

Only if they stand on a box!

• edited January 2019

imagine if they updated audio tracks to be good? I mean they must be swimming in money... ...

Sigh, focus Gus, focus!

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:

Only if they stand on a box!

Perhaps they could stand on the mountain of cash they've had from us :D :D

• @icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:
    ...charging extra for the Gadget versions would be the final nail in the coffin for that one, for me anyway...

I've reinstalled EVERYTHING. But keeping my expectations / wishes in check. I agree with this sentiment!

Me too, in anticipation of MIDI OUT.... I have started a couple of tunes since and am actually enjoying Gadget much more than I remember :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah, surely Korg will include the Gadgets with the standalone apps as they have done before, as they have confirmed a small update for the standalones are coming then this seems to back this theory up :)

Fingers crossed !

• @AndyPlankton said:

@icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:

Me too, in anticipation of MIDI OUT.... I have started a couple of tunes since and am actually enjoying Gadget much more than I remember :)

I think Gadget is a great thing - even though some Gadget's are pretty stripped down they create really good sounds, the 'romplers', Saltzburg and Gladstone sound great - it's just the battery/heat thing that stops me from using them.

• @camiel said:
    Hey Davis,
    Do you know if a parallel workflow ala Ableton Live where you can track audio in a linear/horizontal/time based way and where you could assemble the patterns/scenes from the current interface (a bit sluggish for complex composition :( ) will ever be in the works?
    To me that would make Gadget one of the ultimate iOS audio tools. Duplicating scenes to death is quite.... heavy as a process, plus confusing when you deal with dense stuff.
    Thank you :)
    Can’t wait to use an ms20 in Gadget ! A long-time geek fantasy of mine, plus the Detune iOS port sounds marvelous — way better than the legacy collection hundred years old plugin !

I’m building an iOS/OS X daw with this type of workflow. It’s early but if interested reach out to help kick the tires.

• @AudioGus said:

I concurr to this
    (and all the rest)

• would be great if ipolysix and ims-20 features would be the same in Gadget as in standalone ones
    but...
    I don't belive it ;)

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:

I think Gadget is a great thing - even though some Gadget's are pretty stripped down they create really good sounds, the 'romplers', Saltzburg and Gladstone sound great - it's just the battery/heat thing that stops me from using them.

Same here. My Air2 starts smelling of over heating when using Gadget for more than a few minutes!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:

Same here. My Air2 starts smelling of over heating when using Gadget for more than a few minutes!

I'm not getting the same thing...what 'heavyweight' Gadgets are you using ?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:

I wonder what's up with that - I've never had any issues with Gadget eating battery or heating up - on bpth my old ipad4, and new ipad2018 (& iphone6s too). Maybe certain Gadgets use up more juice than others?

• Well he did say the Mac update is a paid update. Spend all that money to get the Mac program and now they want more. Shame

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:

I'm not getting the same thing...what 'heavyweight' Gadgets are you using ?

Never found much difference to what I use. Yes, some gadgets make it worse, but I can’t even use one London and a couple of any other combo of synths without heating after some use. Even the standard synths prior to any IAPs does this.

• it‘s not getting as hot anymore for me since the last update. it used to get so hot that I was worried hardware might melt, but that is no longer the case, though some Gadgets still warm up the iPad quite a bit, especially Vancouver and Lisbon.

• @MonzoPro said:

Agreed, the excessive battery use prevents me from working in Gadget for longer sessions :'(
    Used to be no problem in the past. Wish they hadn’t fu©ked up their code somewhere along the way...

• @R_2 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Agreed, the excessive battery use prevents me from working in Gadget for longer sessions :'(
    Used to be no problem in the past. Wish they hadn’t fu©ked up their code somewhere along the way...

Hopefully it's fixed by now, especially for a "momentous new version" such as this. 😏 However, I'm still the hopeful optimist at this point.

• I used to have some battery drain, maybe more than other apps, but not crazy. Not an issue for my uses, usually not more than an hour at a pop. And i keep it charged for when i’m going to use it. Don’t feel my ipad getting too hot. My iphone feels a little warmer but again i can plug away for my wait times at the kids swim practice etc and get through it. Might just be older models.

I’m super stoked about the update. Always am. I am always surprised about people dissing gadget’s sequencer. Some things could be improved of course but it’s so fast for me and i love drawing in how many automations i want, no mapping etc. And midi out will be a real gamechanger for me. That along with rozeta and my ipad midi needs are solved.

• edited January 2019

One can spend a decent chunk of change on the Gadget train, but I like that Korg offers a reliable system. They take iOS seriously, and they charge money. They don’t add anything that changes the basic nature of the app or makes it less reliable. It also works well as a mobile adjunct for desktop systems. The advantage of Gadgets as IAP’s is that I’m not forced to buy everything in order for the app to be fully functional. Haven’t had heating problems. Even with so many other iOS options, I’ve found Gadget to be worth the money—but then it fits what I want to do.

• @vpich I think generally the criticism of the sequencer is down to fact that it forces you to start on the 1 beat. Often times melodies start on the beat just preceding the bar, and Gadget (and most clip launchers) isn't geared to do that.

• @richardyot said:
    @vpich I think generally the criticism of the sequencer is down to fact that it forces you to start on the 1 beat. Often times melodies start on the beat just preceding the bar, and Gadget (and most clip launchers) isn't geared to

Yeah. I mean it does do it with workarounds. If you start recording right before the scene repeats you have your before the beat moments. And after that first bar you can record throughout all scenes and have stuff kind of flow in and out of the scene constraints. But yeah clunky, although personally i don’t have that many issues with this as i tend to only do “tight” things in gadget. I export and add any solos or free-er things usually with hardware or au plugins.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:

@davis_korgrd said:

Kinky.

what loose change? :)

• @RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:

@davis_korgrd said:

Kinky.

what loose change? :)

I've got 50p in there, but I'm saving that for 'the meter'.