Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthScaper LE released

"With the special lightweight version of SynthScaper LE you can easily create and modify your own multi-timbral pads and atmospheric soundscapes.

Three separate sound generators in this application give you possibility to create complex sound scenes by mixing and moving them in a common sound space using a spatial mixer. No need to construct a new sound from the beginning. Just use the built-in library of unique and high-quality presets for sound generators."

Comments

• Been waiting for this one. As much as it may seem counter to the whole idea of this app, I'd like to find more ways to use it tonally and consonant y. I know if can be done with some massaging, and getting this thing into AUv3 territory makes it easier to give it context.

That and I won a code for the full SynthScaper so I don't mind throwing the dev a fiver essentially for both...

• Looks a bit easier to get one’s head around.

• BIG WHOOT!

• I'm impressed! Thank you Igor Vasiliev!

• edited January 2019

So what is it? A more hands-on variation of the mighty, beautiful, great sounding but extremely complex regular Synthscaper app? Or something completely different?

• Has it somewhere the random function? I haven’t found it yet.... or how is this different from the full synthscaper!? I dont quite get it!? ;) thanks for insight guys!

• I’m not very knowledgeable with SynthScaper, but this seems to me like it’s a cut down version. I’m sure more knowledgeable peeps will come on here or do videos on it. I like it, because I’ve always felt overwhelmed with the full version. So, I will probably just use the full versions random feature to make new sounds and then send them to the Le version used as an AU.

It does seem to be quite power hungry, but many apps do on my Air2 now lol

• An Igor Vasiliev AUv3? Instabought! <3

• Sweet!!! Just got it

• Very nice release!
    It’s AUv3 and we can import scenes from the “big” SynthScaper. 👍
    5,99€ is a nice price too! 😊

• It is mostly using presets in this LE version, with relatively fewer tweakables than the Big One?

• edited January 2019

@CracklePot said:
    It is mostly using presets in this LE version, with relatively fewer tweakables than the Big One?

Yep, you don't have access to any mod or effects parameters other than two efx knobs per generator, which are already mapped (usually to filter). Happy to buy out of blind support for Vasilev, but I forgot how harsh a lot of the presets are. They hurt my ears.

• Oh and for true authenticity, getting the arp to work reliably is still just as difficult

• _ki_ki
    edited January 2019

Does anyone know if a bundle with both Synthscapers is planned in the near future ?

• This is basically SynthScaper Player, and I'm fine with that. I can create patches with the randomize in the main app, import them into LE and away we go.

• @Daveypoo said:
    This is basically SynthScaper Player, and I'm fine with that. I can create patches with the randomize in the main app, import them into LE and away we go.

Ah ok that’s good to hear - does it carry samples over as well?

I like the look of the simpler UI in the vid, and AU would be useful now I’m using NS2.

• This is great, and it is going to get a lot of use!
    I'm having a problem with the auv3 on my iPhone xs max however...
    One instance inside AUM and my CPU spikes to 70-80% when sitting idle and over 127 when I press a key on the AUM piano, with lots of crackle abd pop.
    Restarted iPhone and ended all processes and still it continues... Anyone else?
    Seems to do good on my iPad pro

• Here is my demo for SynthScaper LE in Cubasis

• @_ki said:
    Does anyone know if a bundle with both Synthscapers is planned in the near future ?

Yesterday I was told yes, and that it’s just waiting for Apple approval.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is my demo for SynthScaper LE in Cubasis

Thanks for the demo Doug. Different to what I was expecting - I thought they were separating the three 'engines', so the AU just featured one. This interested me as it'd keep CPU down, but I'm on an Air 2 like you, so going by your comment about crackling there doesn't seem to be much benefit for me to get this, since I already have the 'pro' version.

• I’m getting an average of 45% load on one instance of LE run by a single baseline in AUM. Often loading very high over the 50%. This shows how high load this app is on an Air2 with latest iOS.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m getting an average of 45% load on one instance of LE run by a single baseline in AUM. Often loading very high over the 50%. This shows how high load this app is on an Air2 with latest iOS.

I might as well give it a miss then, doesn't sound like it's much lighter than the 'Pro' version.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m getting an average of 45% load on one instance of LE run by a single baseline in AUM. Often loading very high over the 50%. This shows how high load this app is on an Air2 with latest iOS.

I might as well give it a miss then, doesn't sound like it's much lighter than the 'Pro' version.

My thinking on getting it, was to use it as an AU within certain hosts, such as Cubasis. This enables me to record then freeze as an AU, as I rarely use IAA apps anymore. If however, you want to use multiple instances in a live type setup or even a host like NS2, I would say don’t bother - your Air2 won’t like it!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

My thinking on getting it, was to use it as an AU within certain hosts, such as Cubasis. This enables me to record then freeze as an AU, as I rarely use IAA apps anymore. If however, you want to use multiple instances in a live type setup or even a host like NS2, I would say don’t bother - your Air2 won’t like it!

I'm lucky if I can run two instances of the other version. I thought this was going to be a 'single engine' thing. That would have been handy, as I'd be able to run two or three single instances - one for bass, another for lead etc. As it is it's not really usable for me. I love the synth - but I usually just boot it up as standalone and then record the audio out into a DAW.

No biggie, I'm on a strict app-buying-free diet for the next couple of months anyway.

• @MonzoPro The other downside for myself, is that the AU version does not include the standalone keyboard, so you will have to use the mod wheel or other to change the modulation - this works, but is nowhere near as nice imo as sliding my finger up and down on the onscreen keys. Yeah it’s not a big problem for some, but I much prefer the built in keyboard to the one in say Cubasis or Auria Pro. Would have liked them to include the keyboard in the AU for the hosts that would allow it to be used.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I'm lucky if I can run two instances of the other version. I thought this was going to be a 'single engine' thing. That would have been handy, as I'd be able to run two or three single instances - one for bass, another for lead etc. As it is it's not really usable for me. I love the synth - but I usually just boot it up as standalone and then record the audio out into a DAW.

No biggie, I'm on a strict app-buying-free diet for the next couple of months anyway.

I’ve noticed when switching mute on two of the generators that there is some drop in % use, but not enough. I’m presuming that the engine only disconnects them to some degree, but does not completely disable them. I’m no programmer, but I’m wondering if the code could make it possible to save more resources on a single generator use?

• In a post-NS2 world this is a hundred times welcome....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    In a post-NS2 world this is a hundred times welcome....

Why is that? AU?

• @CracklePot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    In a post-NS2 world this is a hundred times welcome....

Why is that? AU?

But of course.....was never over-fussed, now nothing else matters (to me) quite as much. Which is why I've been camping out at the D1 Boffin Factory waiting for word etc.... :)

• Wow, just released yesterday and already buried on the 3rd page. :o

Since discovering that setting Gen 2 and 3 to INIT (instead of muting them) cuts the cpu usage significantly, I've had difficulty getting more than 1 AU instance working? When loading the 2nd AU instance, the Gen presets list is blank.

Also, *.synthscaper scene files loaded in the standalone app are available in the AU (expected, but you never know). IAPs coming?

It's a lite version, but still pretty deep, esp. the MIDI and Keyboard pages. No AU parameters shown in BM3, so trying with MIDI CCs.