Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioVeek Midi Tools AU.

http://audioveek.com/

May come in handy for different midi processes or problems current 80 % off at 0.99.

Comments

• edited January 2019

Probably worth it for the key zone alone, be interesting to see a few videos of these being implemented in AUM they sit in the instrument slot. They show up as AU midi effects in Cubasis.

• edited January 2019

This. is. Awesome.

I was a BETA tester for this suite of plugins, and all I can say is...

An 80% launch discount - Victor, you're crazy!!

• Thanks for posting these! I didn't expect someone to pick it up so quickly (it was released earlier today!).

You can find some videos demonstrating the functionality of every plugin on the official channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSoO__TX4ZEkFBeHogXPnZw

If you have any questions or bug reports, please let me know and I'll try to get to them as soon as I can.

• @blueveek - why don't you start your own 'official' thread here on Audiobus?

We can easily migrate the conversation there instead

• Amazing. Congrats @blueveek. You can’t keep this one quiet! 😉

• @tk32 said:
    @blueveek - why don't you start your own 'official' thread here on Audiobus?

We can easily migrate the conversation there instead

Eh, this one's fine for now ;)

• @blueveek said:
    Thanks for posting these! I didn't expect someone to pick it up so quickly (it was released earlier today!).

You can find some videos demonstrating the functionality of every plugin on the official channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSoO__TX4ZEkFBeHogXPnZw

If you have any questions or bug reports, please let me know and I'll try to get to them as soon as I can.

@blueveek I Spotting from the 5pinLink video blame him lol 😝 great you got some videos will check them out. BTW the midi tool AU are not showing in StageLight on iOS at present I think the DAW having problems reading the AU as it’s crashes the DAW trying to load with StageLight latest beta.

I tried using Midi Route in NanoStudio 2 to see if that would work between tracks as currently NS2 doesn’t allow midi effects within the app same as StageLight so the bridge option would be a way round that however I don’t think the code in NS2 for midi bridge to work is there yet.

• @blueveek Looking at the videos they AU seem to be mainly for BM3 use to get around the limitations is that correct ?

• Good luck with the launch @blueveek. AU midi utility sounds great and is much needed. Can this remap CC numbers? Also say change PC to CC?

• edited January 2019

After downloading you normally have to launch the app in standalone mode (just once) to install the plugins

It was the same for Rozeta (if my memory goes back that far)

@Jumpercollins

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @blueveek Looking at the videos they AU seem to be mainly for BM3 use to get around the limitations is that correct ?

They work great in ApeMatrix/AUM/Cubasis here.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @blueveek Looking at the videos they AU seem to be mainly for BM3 use to get around the limitations is that correct ?

Should work in any host, but some of the tools (such as Bus) were designed specifically to work around limitations in various hosts (not just BM3).

• @supadom said:
    Good luck with the launch @blueveek. AU midi utility sounds great and is much needed. Can this remap CC numbers? Also say change PC to CC?

Not yet, but I've an update planned that allows that ;)

• edited January 2019

@Jumpercollins said:

I tried using Midi Route in NanoStudio 2 to see if that would work between tracks as currently NS2 doesn’t allow midi effects within the app same as StageLight so the bridge option would be a way round that however I don’t think the code in NS2 for midi bridge to work is there yet.

Correct, NS2 is not compatible with these plugins now. The developer of NS2 is working on a fix for such MIDI audio units (such as StepPolyArp[0], which doesn't work for the same reasons.)

[0] https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/194/steppolyarp-unit-not-working#latest

• @tk32 said:
    After downloading you normally have to launch the app in standalone mode (just once) to install the plugins

It was the same for Rozeta (if my memory goes back that far)

@Jumpercollins

Cheers now showing up as AU effects in StageLight not sure how or if I can use them in StageLight!

• Great tool set... MIDI Curve and MIDI De-Ghost will be particularly useful to me....thanks @blueveek

• Blueveek's thread over on the Intua forum has a short description of all 8 plugins and videos for every one:
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/7369/midi-tools-for-not-only-bm3-launch-party

then again, so does his website:
    http://www.audioveek.com

• @blueveek Well done, first 'no-brainer' purchase of the year for me :)

One minor request would be to at some point in time make it 'universal'.

• @Samu said:
    @blueveek Well done, first 'no-brainer' purchase of the year for me :)

One minor request would be to at some point in time make it 'universal'.

Thanks!
    iPhone support is planned. It's just a matter of proper UI layout.

• Very useful, thanks :)
    +1 for a remapper.

• Looks like pretty handy package, looking forward to check what new types workflow posibilities it adds :+1: :+1: :+1:

Btw. "MIDI Route (Instrument) editor" doesn't load in NS2, it stays stucked in "loading" phase, reported it to Matt, i guess it would be something at NS side

• edited January 2019

@dendy said:
    Btw. "MIDI Route (Instrument) editor" doesn't load in NS2, it stays stucked in "loading" phase, reported it to Matt, i guess it would be something at NS side

Could be! Happy to collaborate and get to the bottom of this. Having these (especially the effects) work in NS2 would be fantastic.

• edited January 2019

@Jumpercollins said:

May come in handy for different midi processes or problems current 80 % off at 0.99.

Thanks.. the Router alone is worth more than the cost of this thing... Now I can route Riffer to any channel (in GR-16).. Thanks again..

Really brings Riffer to life..

• @RajahP said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Thanks.. the Router alone is worth more than the cost of this thing... Now I can route Riffer to any channel (in GR-16).. Thanks again..

Really brings Riffer to life..

This comment sold me. And I’d add that the midi curves function used on riffer is worth more than the cost of this alone.

• edited January 2019

Here's another great use case for Midi Curves: fixing the velocity curves of external controllers.

For example, the Novation Launchkey 25 (pictured below) is a very nice little entry-level controller, but with no way to adjust the velocity curves you sometimes find yourself having to hammer the keys and pads harder than you'd like to.

Just drop a copy of Midi Curves onto the track, curve towards higher velocities and bingo! Problem solved!

• @blueveek said:

@supadom said:
    Good luck with the launch @blueveek. AU midi utility sounds great and is much needed. Can this remap CC numbers? Also say change PC to CC?

Nice one. Piece of string kind of question: ETA?

• @blueveek
    thanks for making these super useful plugins, and thanks for the generous intro pricing

the split zone plugin is super useful. I like the idea of the fade zones, does not seems to work with all instruments, for those where it‘s working it is very cool

• edited January 2019

@nick said:
    @blueveek
    thanks for making these super useful plugins, and thanks for the generous intro pricing

the split zone plugin is super useful. I like the idea of the fade zones, does not seems to work with all instruments, for those where it‘s working it is very cool

Make sure the synth or instrument you're using is actually set up to respond to velocity. Not all patches will modulate based on MIDI note velocity, but should be easy to set up.

• @supadom said:

@blueveek said:

@supadom said:

Nice one. Piece of string kind of question: ETA?

It's difficult to provide an estimate, sorry! It's on the radar.