Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• edited January 2019

Am I stupid or just dumb or just reading a thread from the past?! Or why is it going to be called ”Korg Gadget 2” when it’s version 3.7.2 right now?

• @marcuspresident said:
    Am I stupid or just dumb or just reading a thread from the past?! Or why is it going to be called ”Korg Gadget 2” when it’s version 3.7.2 right now?

KORG Gadget 1, version 3.7.2
    KORG Gadget 2, version 1.x.x? Is coming soon.

The 2 is denoting the name of the app. The actual binary version will differ. Don’t get hung up on the binary version. Often this will map to the app name but not always.

• edited January 2019

@Eclipxe said:

@marcuspresident said:

The 2 is denoting the name of the app. The actual binary version will differ. Don’t get hung up on the binary version. Often this will map to the app name but not always.

But then why just not call it Korg Gadget as it is and the binary for example 4.x.x?! Because it's anyway a free update on iOs..

• @marcuspresident said:

@Eclipxe said:

@marcuspresident said:

But then why just not call it Korg Gadget as it is and the binary for example 4.x.x?! Because it's anyway a free update on iOs..

How about Gadget Pro?

• @marcuspresident said:

@Eclipxe said:

@marcuspresident said:

It makes it clearer to know which build your on, eg:

https://www.propellerheads.com/en/reason/updates/release-notes

• Hi, sorry for the late response. It's been busy around here lately. Unfortunately, we had a server issue last week around the time of the announcement so sorry about that ¯_(ツ)_/¯

To answer the questions I saw :

iOS update is free
    Mac update is paid
    Plugin collection is VST, AU, AAX (obviously no AU for Windows).
    Memphis = iMS-20
    Pompei = iPolysix
    Durban = Bass FX gadget

We decided to call this release "Gadget 2" to make it clearer that iOS, Mac, and Plugins are all moving together, instead of wondering what the conversion is between iOS versions and PC versions.

• @davis_korgrd said:
    Hi, sorry for the late response. It's been busy around here lately. Unfortunately, we had a server issue last week around the time of the announcement so sorry about that ¯_(ツ)_/¯

iOS update is free
    Mac update is paid
    Memphis = iMS-20
    Pompei = iPolysix
    Durban = Bass FX gadget

We decided to call this release "Gadget 2" to make it clearer that iOS, Mac, and Plugins are all moving together, instead of wondering what the conversion is between iOS versions and PC versions.

Besides the new gadgets what else is new???

When can we expect its release?????? :#

• @davis_korgrd said:
    Hi, sorry for the late response. It's been busy around here lately. Unfortunately, we had a server issue last week around the time of the announcement so sorry about that ¯_(ツ)_/¯

iOS update is free
    Mac update is paid
    Memphis = iMS-20
    Pompei = iPolysix
    Durban = Bass FX gadget

for Windows will be only plugins? Any plans for full version?

• Why do we gotta pay for a Mac update?

• My macOS version has just updated to 1.7.3 build 55, dated Christmas Day last year, and I notice that the scrolling credits still list Allihoopa – is that intended?
    Is this macOS version still a Juce thing? I ask because it seems to be more in focus and crisp for a change, I’ve never seen it look so good.

• edited January 2019

I re-installed Gadget in anticipation of this upcoming update....Enjoyed using the app again after not using it for a while...One thing I realised is that Gadget is really good at MIDI recording...recorded MIDI from some of the Lumbeat drum apps, timing spot on, the ARP that is now available through the scales function is pretty good too. Had a lot of fun getting a new tune started, and have reminded myself exactly how good Gladstone and Madrid sound.

I was thinking to myself that with MIDI OUT this could finally be that app I have been searching for that would allow me to easily swap between soft synths and my hardware...keeping everything in a single app.....then reality hit home...
    As far as I can tell audio is still limited to 44.1 khz 16 bit .... my Amplifii TT runs at 48 Khz 24 bit when connected via USB, so I cannot directly record from that..

• @davis_korgrd said:

iOS update is free
    Mac update is paid
    Memphis = iMS-20
    Pompei = iPolysix
    Durban = Bass FX gadget

Thank you for bringing Gadget across to Windows... Cant wait for the release..... "Yay!"... <3

• Will we be required to purchase the full versions of iMS20 and iPolysix to enable us to get the little Gadget ones? - in which case we are looking at £57.98 for the pair as things are. I seem to remember this being the case with iM1, iWAVE STATION, ODDYSEi and all the rest of it.

• edited January 2019

@davis_korgrd said:

iOS update is free
    Mac update is paid
    Memphis = iMS-20
    Pompei = iPolysix
    Durban = Bass FX gadget

Cool. Okay, so questions missed...

1. Are there new IFX? More IFX slots on the mixer?

2. What of Otorii and Ebina? Are those the two unnamed Gadgets?

3. Is Files compatibility improved (i.e. multiple subfolder levels for better organisation)?

4. So, to get Memphis and Pompei, do I simply purchase the iMS-20 and iPolysix apps, or wait to make an IAP purchase? I've looked forward to having these two synths inside Gadget forever, lol. Saving up my cash.

Thanks mate. :) Hopefully you can shine some light here.

• @robosardine said:
    Will we be required to purchase the full versions of iMS20 and iPolysix to enable us to get the little Gadget ones? - in which case we are looking at £57.98 for the pair as things are. I seem to remember this being the case with iM1, iWAVE STATION, ODDYSEi and all the rest of it.

the most likely scenario, based on what Korg did in the past is

• you will hav to buy the full synths, but they will be on sale
    • there will likely be added presets as IAP. both synths currently don‘t have many presets, and that way they can make some money from users who already have the synths
  • I wish that the 'Apollo' reverb in the Vancouver Gadget could be used with more of the Gadgets so if it drops as an iFX option in Gadget 2 I'll be very happy :)

• Can’t wait to see how this all pans out..

• I hope this coincides with long awaited updates for the standalone ipolysix/iMS20 apps too.

• @Carnbot said:
    I hope this coincides with long awaited updates for the standalone ipolysix/iMS20 apps too.

I‘m hoping that too. after all, they promised to add Link, over three years ago ...

• @nick said:

@Carnbot said:
    I hope this coincides with long awaited updates for the standalone ipolysix/iMS20 apps too.

I‘m hoping that too. after all, they promised to add Link, over three years ago ...

Plus infinite amounts of yes please.

• I’m hoping there is some simple needed improvements like DOUBLETAP TO RESET on the mixer etc.

Let’s Go Korg, release the hounds!

• @nick said:
    Midi Out Gadget !? Wow ... that‘s an evolution

oh yes B)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Just noticed this little snippet in the blurb on the Korg news feed.....wonder if this means we are getting tempo automation ?

smooth tempo change

i hate tempo control in gadget is absolutely does not work for me.

• For Windows support, I can't really say beyond the current plan, which is to bring support for the plugins.

I can confirm that we're going to be adding new IFX for Gadget 2. I've been working on them, so I hope you like them ;)

We'll be providing a minor update for iMS-20 and iPolysix. I don't think we can promise Link for this update, but it's something I've actually put a lot of time into getting working so I hope we can eventually make that happen.

To my knowledge, Gadget Mac UI has never been based on JUCE. At least, none of the UI code I've written has been in C++

• @davis_korgrd thanks for your insight and keeping fighting the good fight Mister Davis....

• edited January 2019

Hey Davis,
    Do you know if a parallel workflow ala Ableton Live where you can track audio in a linear/horizontal/time based way and where you could assemble the patterns/scenes from the current interface (a bit sluggish for complex composition :( ) will ever be in the works?
    To me that would make Gadget one of the ultimate iOS audio tools. Duplicating scenes to death is quite.... heavy as a process, plus confusing when you deal with dense stuff.
    Thank you :)
    Can’t wait to use an ms20 in Gadget ! A long-time geek fantasy of mine, plus the Detune iOS port sounds marvelous — way better than the legacy collection hundred years old plugin !

• @davis_korgrd said:
    For Windows support, I can't really say beyond the current plan, which is to bring support for the plugins.

I can confirm that we're going to be adding new IFX for Gadget 2. I've been working on them, so I hope you like them ;)

We'll be providing a minor update for iMS-20 and iPolysix. I don't think we can promise Link for this update, but it's something I've actually put a lot of time into getting working so I hope we can eventually make that happen.

To my knowledge, Gadget Mac UI has never been based on JUCE. At least, none of the UI code I've written has been in C++

Thanks for the info...good to see iMS20 and iPolysix getting some attention :)

• @davis_korgrd said:

Will owners of these get the Gadget versions, or will we have to buy those separately?

• @MonzoPro said:

@davis_korgrd said:

Will owners of these get the Gadget versions, or will we have to buy those separately?

+1 :open_mouth:

• edited January 2019

@icsleepers said:

@MonzoPro said:

@davis_korgrd said:

+1 :open_mouth:

I am curious as well but shamefully more from a sadistic/drama perspective.