Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @ruggedsmooth said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The next (only?) Gadget I need is Chernobyl to deal with the heat, but ESPECIALLY the ridiculous 100 to 0 in seven minutes battery burn...

I just embrace the heat, it helps keep my lap warm living in cold Canada haha

I don't mind my balls being par-boiled into sterility, it's having to be connected to the wall all the time. Priorities.

• edited January 2019

It seems like there will also be a host less version of gadget for Mac, including only the plugins, that's what I take from Korg's news page about gadget 2.

So, anybody who buys the windows plug ins package, will also get the Mac plug ins?

Long-awaited Windows compatible Gadget Plugins

• All gadgets will be available as Mac/PC plugins.
  • Is there a list of only the PC/Mac plugins?

• edited January 2019

@SpookyZoo said:

@cnsg_music said:

@Doc_T said:

I. Want. PROGRAM CHANGES! :lol:

Yes. Please. Korg!

Yes this is so important and would get me using it again.
    I'm finding good program change implementation to be a pro feature that gives an app longevity and productivity.

• I see the musicking guy is back again. Musicking, musicking, musicking

• Tempo control and midi out are the main things for me - looks like a good upgrade.

• Maybe just maybe one of the secret gadgets is an au gadget that you can use inside of gadget for third party synths? Ok one can dream lol. Love to see time stretch added to Vancouver and better file management when looking for samples and maybe Recife would be opened up for our own samples. And yes add more ifx per channel and master. And add a possibility of creating own Rex files for the gadget itself.

On the Mac would love to see the iap soundpacks allowed finally. Kind of defeats the purpose if I can use in both programs.

• After really giving it thought.. this may be the biggest thing to happen to Ios in years..

Looking forward to it..

• @stormywaterz said:

On the Mac would love to see the iap soundpacks allowed finally. Kind of defeats the purpose if I can use in both programs.

Yep. Particularly the Scarbee electric pianos!

• I have the impression that Korg over the longer term can’t decide whether their customers think the gadgets themselves, or the sequencing environment, are the main prize.

• Oh yeah I forgot have poop the whole song option. That will go along way in my book.

• @purpan2 said:

@stormywaterz said:

Yep. Particularly the Scarbee electric pianos!

The kapro sounds I want. Do a lot on gadget with those but can’t finish when they hit the Mac.

• @stormywaterz said:

The kapro sounds I want. Do a lot on gadget with those but can’t finish when they hit the Mac.

With Gadget 2 MAC you can use MIDI out to drive Gadget 2 iOS as an external MIDI device and than record the sound with Zurich on the Mac.

I think Gadget 2 will be huge.

• @Doc_T said:

@stormywaterz said:

With Gadget 2 MAC you can use MIDI out to drive Gadget 2 iOS as an external MIDI device and than record the sound with Zurich on the Mac.

I think Gadget 2 will be huge.

Me too. :) Hopefully they update the IFX and give us more IFX slots so I can actually mix in the app rather than have to bother exporting stems. :)

• Looking forward to the enhancements the update might bring. Hope the dreaded cpu heat/battery problem doesn’t get worse...

MS20 & Polysix gadgets are nice, but personally feel that territory is covered with iMonoPoly and ODYSSEi. I’d be more interested in digital/hybrid gadgets. A good FM/VPM synth (Chang Mai is very rudimentary) and an extended drumsynth (like Volca Drum) would be cool.
    Plus of course a sampler with (multi mode) filter, etc.

• I'm betting they port the iElectribe as one of the unrevealed Gadget. Similar sounding to the Volca Drum and they are already porting two other older Korg apps.> @R_2 said:

Looking forward to the enhancements the update might bring. Hope the dreaded cpu heat/battery problem doesn’t get worse...

MS20 & Polysix gadgets are nice, but personally feel that territory is covered with iMonoPoly and ODYSSEi. I’d be more interested in digital/hybrid gadgets. A good FM/VPM synth (Chang Mai is very rudimentary) and an extended drumsynth (like Volca Drum) would be cool.

• @chasingdogma said:
    I'm betting they port the iElectribe as one of the unrevealed Gadget. Similar sounding to the Volca Drum and they are already porting two other older Korg apps.> @R_2 said:

Looking forward to the enhancements the update might bring. Hope the dreaded cpu heat/battery problem doesn’t get worse...

That will be huge.. just imagine KEW with midi out?!

• It’d be funny if they do a volca modular gadget

• edited January 2019

Ha! ok then, how about a Minlogue XD gadget? ... [thinking] ... what a cool idea this is actually ... having a hardware synth controlled by a gadget surface... nice... ok, this is actually coming, somehow with MIDI out...

And I want Gadget for Kronos :) Yummi, and a Kronos gadget... :o

They should just merge the whole shabang

• @RajahP said:

@chasingdogma said:
    I'm betting they port the iElectribe as one of the unrevealed Gadget. Similar sounding to the Volca Drum and they are already porting two other older Korg apps.> @R_2 said:

I’m afraid it will just be the two bit-synth gadgets teased for Switch earlier.

• I’m thinking about these:

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2018/1109/

Seems more likely.

• @Peter321 said:

@RajahP said:

@chasingdogma said:

Yeah, pretty sure the other 2 gadgets mentioned are Otorii and Ebina.

• @R_2 said:

@Peter321 said:

@RajahP said:

@chasingdogma said:

Yeah, pretty sure the other 2 gadgets mentioned are Otorii and Ebina

I would easy settle for that.

• @robosardine said:

@R_2 said:

@Peter321 said:

@RajahP said:

@chasingdogma said:

Yeah, pretty sure the other 2 gadgets mentioned are Otorii and Ebina

I would easy settle for that.

100% sure
    Gadget 2 update consisting of 4 + 2 gadgets. Will be fun! Maybe we will even get a freebie?!? ;)

• I’d like to see a gadget version of the wave table synth from KEW. Surely they would utilise that code again for an easy win. :)

• @Beathoven said:
    I’d like to see a gadget version of the wave table synth from KEW. Surely they would utilise that code again for an easy win. :)

+1

• edited January 2019

Can I install v2 next to v1?

• edited January 2019

@SlowwFloww said:

Nice idea- wouldn’t it be fine? but I think sadly very probably not 😕

• @SlowwFloww said:

Probably not, they say it’s a free upgrade, so I assume it’s still the same app, not a new one.

• edited January 2019

@Peter321 said:

@SlowwFloww said:

Probably not, they say it’s a free upgrade, so I assume it’s still the same app, not a new one.

Maybe the new version introduces bugs or maybe some other things I don't like.. would be nice to switch back to v1.. Well, then I'll wait for the reviews before updating..