Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Share your Xequence Drum Maps!

edited September 2018 in Market Place

Have you made a great drum map for an app or hardware which doesn't yet have a factory drum map in Xequence?

Then PM me and it will be included in the next Xequence update, and you will get one of Xequence's In-App Purchases for free as a little "Thank you"!

Requirements:

• Well-labelled drum pads, ideally the labels should correspond to the target app / hardware as much as possible.
  • The layout should resemble that of the target app / device.
  • All of the target app's drums should be included
  • Of course, all notes should be mapped correctly!

Happy mapping!

Thanks for all the maps so far, these are the ones that have already been submitted:

• TR09
  • Novation Circuit
  • Elektron Digitakt
  • Elastic Drums
  • iElectribe
  • MoDrum
  • Ruismaker FM
  • SeekBeats
  • AudioLayer

Comments

• You are awesome. Thank you for not calling out those among us who are intimidate at rolling our own.

I mean...I assume some people, uh... Not me...necessarily....

• edited September 2018

Haha :) I thought this way, I'll arrive at a win-win scenario somehow :)

• Gotta take some time to understand how the Drum Maps works :lol:
    Gotta admit my ignorance in this subject

• edited September 2018

I use a simple 8 pad one for Digitakt. Midi Note zero upwards. I'll have to check the labelling, but it's so basic, would others find it useful?

I'll send it over anyway once I've checked it.

This is to trigger the stock 8 audio tracks of Digitakt, not a chromatic set for any one sample.

• @SevenSystems said:
    Have you made a great drum map for an app or hardware which doesn't yet have a factory drum map in Xequence?

Then PM me and it will be included in the next Xequence update, and you will get one of Xequence's In-App Purchases for free as a little "Thank you"!

Requirements:

• Well-labelled drum pads, ideally the labels should correspond to the target app / hardware as much as possible.

Happy mapping!

Thanks for all the maps so far, these are the ones that have already been submitted:

• TR09
    • Novation Circuit
    • Elektron Digitakt
    • Elastic Drums
    • iElectribe
    • MoDrum
    • Ruismaker FM
    • SeekBeats
    • AudioLayer

I just bought the drum maps IAP but I don’t see SeekBeats listed under Maps. Is it listed under a different name or a separate purchase? Also, is there one for Patterning 2?

I’m loving Xequence. Much better piano roll than Auria Pro’s!

• @trancespotter said:

@SevenSystems said:

Requirements:

Happy mapping!

• TR09
    • Novation Circuit
    • Elektron Digitakt
    • Elastic Drums
    • iElectribe
    • MoDrum
    • Ruismaker FM
    • SeekBeats
    • AudioLayer

I just bought the drum maps IAP but I don’t see SeekBeats listed under Maps. Is it listed under a different name or a separate purchase? Also, is there one for Patterning 2?

A few user-submitted maps had to be removed as they apparently weren't working correctly... if you can make and send me one that is, the free IAP offer is still on! :)

I’m loving Xequence. Much better piano roll than Auria Pro’s!

Thanks a lot!

• @SevenSystems thanks for the latest update. I’m not getting any luck triggering Soft Drummer with the drum pads unfortunately. Can anyone else get it working?

Thx

• @SevenSystems also i saw glide was in the update. Is it possible to tie/glide multiple notes in Xequence midi notes like you can in Troublemaker/Rozeta Bassline to make that 303 sound?

• edited January 2019

@gusgranite said:
    @SevenSystems also i saw glide was in the update. Is it possible to tie/glide multiple notes in Xequence midi notes like you can in Troublemaker/Rozeta Bassline to make that 303 sound?

I do not currently have those so I'm not sure what they're sending, but if it's standard MIDI (not MPE), then yes, it's possible with Xequence... maybe record the MIDI output from Troublemaker / Rozeta into Xequence (without quantization) and have a look at it? I'm guessing it's just a matter of overlap... currently, when you "glide" on Xequence's keyboard from one key to the next, it first sends a noteOff for the old note, and then a noteOn for the new one (I THINK). Maybe there could be an option to swap them...

Oh, and sorry about the drum map issue, will have a look at that later.

• @SevenSystems said:

@gusgranite said:
    @SevenSystems also i saw glide was in the update. Is it possible to tie/glide multiple notes in Xequence midi notes like you can in Troublemaker/Rozeta Bassline to make that 303 sound?

I do not currently have those so I'm not sure what they're sending, but if it's standard MIDI (not MPE), then yes, it's possible with Xequence... maybe record the MIDI output from Troublemaker / Rozeta into Xequence (without quantization) and have a look at it? I'm guessing it's just a matter of overlap... currently, when you "glide" on Xequence's keyboard from one key to the next, it first sends a noteOff for the old note, and then a noteOn for the new one (I THINK). Maybe there could be an option to swap them...

Oh, and sorry about the drum map issue, will have a look at that later.

Thanks. I’ll check it out.

Also no apology necessary! I find the Lumbeat apps really fiddly when it comes to midi so it probably isn’t a Xequence issue. Just wondering if anyone else has it working.

Cheers.

• Xequence and Soft Drummer are working fine here with the new drum map. I just put the Midi Chanel on 1, same as the Xequence track, and turned Sound Module on.

• @Fitz said:
    Xequence and Soft Drummer are working fine here with the new drum map. I just put the Midi Chanel on 1, same as the Xequence track, and turned Sound Module on.

Thx! User error I expect... will test agsin later.

• @Fitz said:
    Xequence and Soft Drummer are working fine here with the new drum map. I just put the Midi Chanel on 1, same as the Xequence track, and turned Sound Module on.

Good to know!

• @gusgranite said:

The Troublemaker/Rozeta Bassline 303 style slides are a function of Troublemaker, not anything to do with MPE or pitch bend. Troublemaker renders overlapping notes as slides. So, if you have two notes, and one extends past the trigger of the first, Troublemaker makes a slide out of it.

For a sequencer to do that with other synths that don’t behave that way would require a pitch-bend between the notes. This can be done with MPE if the target app supports it, or could be done with a “slide note”.

FL Studio does it this way: Draw a note and make it the duration you want for it and the target note combined. Draw a second note at the pitch you want to slide to. Make the second note the duration that you want for the slide to take place. A longer note makes a slower slide, a shorter note a quicker one. FL Studio applies a pitch bend from zero to the target pitch over the duration of the “slide note”.

It’s a nifty, though somewhat confusing, feature. I don’t think I’ve seen it implemented in any other piano roll editor.

• @wim said:

@gusgranite said:

The Troublemaker/Rozeta Bassline 303 style slides are a function of Troublemaker, not anything to do with MPE or pitch bend. Troublemaker renders overlapping notes as slides. So, if you have two notes, and one extends past the trigger of the first, Troublemaker makes a slide out of it.

For a sequencer to do that with other synths that don’t behave that way would require a pitch-bend between the notes. This can be done with MPE if the target app supports it, or could be done with a “slide note”.

FL Studio does it this way: Draw a note and make it the duration you want for it and the target note combined. Draw a second note at the pitch you want to slide to. Make the second note the duration that you want for the slide to take place. A longer note makes a slower slide, a shorter note a quicker one. FL Studio applies a pitch bend from zero to the target pitch over the duration of the “slide note”.

It’s a nifty, though somewhat confusing, feature. I don’t think I’ve seen it implemented in any other piano roll editor.

Nicely explained @wim. Thank you. Do you know if FLSM on iOS has this feature as well?

@SevenSystems This would be an awesome piano roll feature option :smile:

• edited January 2019

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:

@gusgranite said:

Nicely explained @wim. Thank you. Do you know if FLSM on iOS has this feature as well?

Not sure about this -- it looks like a huge hack and something that would better be implemented as a simple "portamento" feature in the target synth, and then triggered by just briefly overlapping the notes?

EDIT: OK I get it now, it's meant for synths which don't support that :) Yeah I guess it could be done, but it would be monophonic as Xequence doesn't support neither PolyPressure nor MPE yet, so there's no way to send separate controller data per note.

• wimwim
    edited January 2019

@SevenSystems said:

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:

@gusgranite said:

Not sure about this -- it looks like a huge hack and something that would better be implemented as a simple "portamento" feature in the target synth, and then triggered by just briefly overlapping the notes?

EDIT: OK I get it now, it's meant for synths which don't support that :) Yeah I guess it could be done, but it would be monophonic as Xequence doesn't support neither PolyPressure nor MPE yet, so there's no way to send separate controller data per note.

Yeh, I wasn’t advocating for it, just tossing it out there as the only host piano roll implementation of such a thing that I’ve come across. IMO, drawn or recorded pitch bend automation is the best way to go. Even FL Studio doesn’t extend the piano roll pitch bend to VST instruments, only to its internal ones. Frankly, it’s kind of a confusing feature for most people.

The main point was that in the case of Troublemaker, it’s really simply Troublemaker’s mono glide character that causes the sound based on overlapping notes. All that needs to be done to get such a glide from Troublemaker using Xequence rather than Rozeta BassLine is to overlap notes. This is true for any synth that has a mono glide setting.

• @SevenSystems just bought the app to use with Fractal Bits. Any chance it could be added to the available maps? I’m going to start one, just don’t know how far I’ll get. Or how good it will be.

Thanks in advance for considering the request.

• Woops - apologies. I thought this was for the drum pads AU.

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@papertiger said:
    Woops - apologies. I thought this was for the drum pads AU.

Either way, it should be super easy. Fractal Bits pads are simply chromatic from C-whatever. All you need to do is set the number of rows and columns then select the magic wand icon, fill, and the starting note. Done. B)

Then you can drag the pads around to a better order if you want.

• @wim said:

@papertiger said:
    Woops - apologies. I thought this was for the drum pads AU.

Either way, it should be super easy. Fractal Bits pads are simply chromatic from C-whatever. All you need to do is set the number of rows and columns then select the magic wand icon, fill, and the starting note. Done. B)

Then you can drag the pads around to a better order if you want.

Thanks! In my haste I forgot that the Fractal Bits pads were keyed from C. I was trying to check the apps out together before naptime ended! :smiley:

• edited December 2020

Maybe it's not the best way to divide them... but here's Drum Maps for SP-404/SP-404sx

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14FlMFhVT5FHANnnxsUWiviViDnskB1AK?usp=sharing

I made two 4x6 and one 4x3 grids:

• Banks A + B for the channel you set on the 404 / Banks F + G for the channel+1
    • Banks C + D for the channel you set on the 404 / Banks H + I for the channel+1
    • Bank E for the channel you set on the 404 / Banks J for the channel+1

Edit: it's my first time doing drum maps. Hope they are ok (if anyone will use them besides me :lol:)
    As a bonus a link for my Xequence 2 templates (I already posted elsewhere here):
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Mody0TH8W3j5Gfp7zUXB5xhpQ8U9x8Dw?usp=sharing

There are templates with instruments/routing to:

• Thumbjam
    • Sunvox
    • Squaresynth
    • iPolysix
    • iMS20
    • iM1
    • Caustic
    • Beathawk
    • AUM
  • Was considering creating a spreasheet to facilitate creating Drum Maps on desktop, but got lazy. But I did use Notepad++ to edit what I messed up before posting :tongue:

• @senhorlampada said:
    Maybe it's not the best way to divide them... but here's Drum Maps for SP-404/SP-404sx

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14FlMFhVT5FHANnnxsUWiviViDnskB1AK?usp=sharing

I made two 4x6 and one 4x3 grids:

• Banks A + B for the channel you set on the 404 / Banks F + G for the channel+1
    • Banks C + D for the channel you set on the 404 / Banks H + I for the channel+1
    • Bank E for the channel you set on the 404 / Banks J for the channel+1

Edit: it's my first time doing drum maps. Hope they are ok (if anyone will use them besides me :lol:)
    As a bonus a link for my Xequence 2 templates (I already posted elsewhere here):
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Mody0TH8W3j5Gfp7zUXB5xhpQ8U9x8Dw?usp=sharing

There are templates with instruments/routing to:

• Thumbjam
    • Sunvox
    • Squaresynth
    • iPolysix
    • iMS20
    • iM1
    • Caustic
    • Beathawk
    • AUM

Hey, thanks a lot for all of that.

The templates are probably a bit too "personal" to be included in Xequence (although I had contemplated the idea of including some sort of templates, but it's really hard to make them universal enough to be useful for most people I guess). Thanks anyway!

Regarding the drum maps: I don't know the SP-404, so I'm not sure -- do you have any idea which of the drum maps would be the "most useful" of the three? I'm a bit hesitant to include all three for a single device (but then again, I've done that for NS2's Slate)... if you think they're all equally "worthy" I can still include them all.

Thanks again.

• Hey! Yeah... the templates are maybe too personal indeed
    The drum maps may be too :lol:
    Actually, I didn't expect you to add them. I just considered sharing with the people around here. :tongue:

Maybe I forgot the topic was about adding them to the app. I just decided to share them here

Cheers!

• @senhorlampada said:
    Hey! Yeah... the templates are maybe too personal indeed
    The drum maps may be too :lol:
    Actually, I didn't expect you to add them. I just considered sharing with the people around here. :tongue:

Maybe I forgot the topic was about adding them to the app. I just decided to share them here

Cheers!

Thanks, yeah maybe the original post / topic title needs updating...

• I'm gonna blame the fact that I was sleepy. And also... reread the OP and recalled this topic is regarding Xequence 1 :lol:

But anyways... thanks for an awesome product :love:
    Happy new year everyone! :heart:
    All the best to y'all

• @senhorlampada said:
    I'm gonna blame the fact that I was sleepy. And also... reread the OP and recalled this topic is regarding Xequence 1 :lol:

But anyways... thanks for an awesome product :love:
    Happy new year everyone! :heart:
    All the best to y'all

:) It's a very old thread and unfortunately it can't be edited or deleted anymore apparently. So best to let it just slowly retire I'd say :)

Happy new year!