Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How is Audiobus 3 different from AUM?

13»

Comments

• @spaivxx said:
    If I had AUM, could I use the staff editor in Notion and route it’s info to synths in other apps? It vexes me that neither Auria Pro nor Cubasis features even a basic staff editor. I find I putting notes on a grid to be overly cumbersome. If AUM enabled me to do just this one thing it’d be worth the price to me.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Notion supports IAA. So, I don't think AUM could see it. You can export MIDI from Notion and load that into Auria or Cubasis. Auria has some nice MIDI humanization features that would probably benefit the translation from Notion to audio. I find Notion's output kind of robotic. Great for getting a sense of how a score sounds but not for (my opinion) getting a great performance of the piece.

• wimwim
    edited January 2019

It doesn’t even look like Notion has midi out, does it?

If it does, then you don’t need AUM, though AUM would make it much easier to play multiple apps from the midi output of Notion.

If it doesn’t, then it doesn’t matter whether Notion has IAA or not. You’re stuck with exporting midi then importing into a DAW or other app that can play it back.

Interesting if Notion doesn’t have midi out. I can only assume that would be due to a strategy of wanting to sell In-App Purchase sound packs.