Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @AudioGus said:

@CracklePot said:
    I don’t get all the excitement about Midi Out.
    Gadget doesn’t have anything that does cool Midi stuff to output, and the sequencer is pretty sub-par.
    I sequence in other apps (Xequence), so I would probably never use this new feature.

I wish they would have made Midi Import even better than the last improvement. And individual audio outputs for the gadgets would have been way more exciting, at least to me.

But I am really curious about what everyone else is hoping to use the new Midi Out feature for.

I think Gadget is nice and casual and people just want to compliment the internal sounds (that they already like) with a bit of external midi juice. For me NS2 is better for casual level sequencing than Gadget but yah Xequence is hardcore cool. If I had more desktop/hardware time available I would absolutely get it.

So I can make lightshows on my launchpad :|

Nah, exactly what Gus says, so that I can start in Gadget, and then when I want to use my 'real' synths instead of gadgets I don't need to go elsewhere, I can stay in Gadget....this was one of the main reasons I stopped using Gadget in the first place, because I would end up having to export/import MIDI into something else in order to do this, and the vibe was gone by then.

• edited January 2019

So now I saw all the exciting news, my question is...will we get more IFX in Gadget 2, such as the IFX you find in the synths but not the mixer, improved IFX, etc? Will we also get better file management (folders)? @davis_korgrd

• @cnsg_music said:

@Doc_T said:
    Hopefully they have also included some other features like copy paste of notes, possibility to make upbeats, program changes via MIDI...

I. Want. PROGRAM CHANGES! :lol:

Yes. Please. Korg!

• I AM looking forward to tempo changing. It was one of the main selling points of Nanostudio 2 for me. :smiley:

• edited January 2019

@Iso said:

And Birmingham in the 70's when i was at secondary school! :D

I was a bit of a late developer...didn't understand all that grown up stuff in the 70's :)

@AndyPlankton said:

I stopped getting the Gadgets when Vancouver came out....have hankered over iMonopoly a few times but resisted....got KEW as I like the electribes....made about 3 tracks with it and haven't delved back since.

I'm annoyed with myself at falling for KEW. Makes me very nervous about shelling out another thirty quid for NS2....really don't want more apps in that dusty folder.

• edited January 2019

I really welcome this update and new gadgets!
    I can easily live with the limitations and I don’t need seriously AUv3 Support in all my apps.
    Gadget can be perfect for many projects. If I need something different and more complex I can choose from a huge palette of great daws, instruments and fx, so everything is fine! There are so many possibilities...👍

I still like KORG Gadget and I’m curious of this Midi-Out Gadget...😊

• Hoping we'll get plenty of teasers and a bit more info once NAMM'19 kicks off...

I suspect some of the announced Gadgets will be 'free' like BassAmp (to complement 'Rosario') and Midi-Out thing.(It will be a nice one for sequencing my Volca Bass as long as the AudioTracks get an overhaul making recording easier).

The iMS-20 and iPolysix Gadgets will most likely be unlocked if the 'parent app' is installed and on the iPhone require same procedure as iM1/Darwin as those two apps are not universal.

The two other Gadgets are most likely IAPs :)

Dare I dream of a linear sequencer mode for Gadget?(Which would make sense considering tempo-automation).

• I've moved on from Gadget on ios. NS2 was the nail in that coffin. Though my son does like it and he and I are working on a tune so it won't get deleted. My time is now spent with NS2, syntorial and DRC, if I get any. And now all the hoopla about West Coast has me spending time with RippleMaker, if that's what it's called, some Maker.

Truth is I'm actually spending more time in Reason of late. Must figure how to work out my couch ios ramblings into my Reason experience.

• edited January 2019

If it’s without either resizable keys or kaossilator pads for iOS it’s a big fail in my book. OR they could add scale playing ability to the pad in KEW and that would also make me very happy. Will the erase button return? Because without it what’s the point of midi out when the sequencer does nothing unique at all?

• @kinkujin said:
    I've moved on from Gadget on ios. NS2 was the nail in that coffin. Though my son does like it and he and I are working on a tune so it won't get deleted. My time is now spent with NS2, syntorial and DRC, if I get any. And now all the hoopla about West Coast has me spending time with RippleMaker, if that's what it's called, some Maker.

Truth is I'm actually spending more time in Reason of late. Must figure how to work out my couch ios ramblings into my Reason experience.

Can you export NS2 songs as MIDI files? If so you could import those into Reason.

• Not sure why this is a full number upgrade. It feels like Gadget is spinning it's wheels in the mud at this point. Clip launching independent of scene would get it going again.

• edited January 2019

I want a Minilogue XD Gadget...

And I want Gadget for Kronos OS

• @Seangarland said:

@Lady_App_titude said:
    Korg English links now working. Mac version will be a paid upgrade.

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0118/

I’m not typically one to complain, and it is still very early with limited info released from KORG, but I have a bit of disappointment that the Mac version will be a paid upgrade.

I suppose it depends on what enhancements Gadget 2 brings as far as interface and new features. But if I’m just paying for new gadgets, that was sort of the appeal to buying the Mac version - free Gadget modules.

It had to happen at some point. All this time, all the new Gadgets have been a FREE upgrade for the Mac version (paid IAPs on iOS). But, as you say, early in the game. I'm hoping the upgrade price won't be too steep, and that after that upgrade, it will be FREE Gadgets again for the next year or two.

But yes, the upgrade cost will probably be mostly about getting the 6 new Gadgets. I'll bet it will still be a better value than buying all 6 as IAP on iOS. I'm also hoping the "plugin only" version might offer a cost savings. I'm not sure the benefit of the standalone app on the desktop anyway. Also, as mentioned, if you buy one of the nanos you get a code to save 20% off Gadget for Mac. I wonder if that can be applied to the upgrade?

• There's a fair chance the IAPs are on sale at launch. And, if not, Black Friday is "only" 7 or so months away!

• @chandroji said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@chandroji said:
    Where in the world is there no reasonable Internet connection @Samu ?

Come on, you know the answer: It‘s the country you and I live in.😬

LOL! 😎

Germany™️ is not Sweden isn’t it?

ähmmm, Sweden??

• @LeonKowalski said:

@chandroji said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@chandroji said:

LOL! 😎

ähmmm, Sweden??

We Germans still catching up. One day we will have good connection too 🤭

• @david_2017 said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@chandroji said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@chandroji said:

LOL! 😎

ähmmm, Sweden??

We Germans still catching up. One day we will have good connection too 🤭

Let‘s hope so...🧐

• I must say..... all this hype has reignited my interest in Gadget... and I am starting to fall for it all over again. With these six new ones- and what is already there- there can be no excuses for the absence of many a groovy track... can there?
    I might even buy Stockholm now 😀

• @kinkujin said:
    I've moved on from Gadget on ios. NS2 was the nail in that coffin. Though my son does like it and he and I are working on a tune so it won't get deleted. My time is now spent with NS2, syntorial and DRC, if I get any. And now all the hoopla about West Coast has me spending time with RippleMaker, if that's what it's called, some Maker.

You and I are on close to the same path. Do you use a Mac with your iPad? Audio/midi Makes integrating the iPad with a DAW so much easier.

• it sounds to me like the Polysix, ms10, midi out and bass effects gadgets are included in the update while the two other gadgets will be iap. thats what it read like to me. If they are iap though then i am only really interested in the ms10 and midi out so thats all ill be picking up. im looking forward to the redesigned ui and hopefully you can change that hideous blue background to grey or something easier on the eyes.

• edited January 2019

well. Never mind

• @shiftsynth1 said:

@kinkujin said:

You and I are on close to the same path. Do you use a Mac with your iPad? Audio/midi Makes integrating the iPad with a DAW so much easier.

I plan to at some point for sure. It all comes down to time. I’m almost totally new to Reason though and must say I’m super thrilled with it.

NS2 is a joy to use as well. So much great music making potential at our disposal.

Are you an RE guy or do you prefer vst’s in Reason?

• @Samu said:
    Hoping we'll get plenty of teasers and a bit more info once NAMM'19 kicks off...

I suspect some of the announced Gadgets will be 'free' like BassAmp (to complement 'Rosario') and Midi-Out thing.(It will be a nice one for sequencing my Volca Bass as long as the AudioTracks get an overhaul making recording easier).

The iMS-20 and iPolysix Gadgets will most likely be unlocked if the 'parent app' is installed and on the iPhone require same procedure as iM1/Darwin as those two apps are not universal.

The two other Gadgets are most likely IAPs :)

Dare I dream of a linear sequencer mode for Gadget?(Which would make sense considering tempo-automation).

One can only hope :neutral:

• The next (only?) Gadget I need is Chernobyl to deal with the heat, but ESPECIALLY the ridiculous 100 to 0 in seven minutes battery burn...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The next (only?) Gadget I need is Chernobyl to deal with the heat, but ESPECIALLY the ridiculous 100 to 0 in seven minutes battery burn...

A fully loaded AUM is no different for me.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The next (only?) Gadget I need is Chernobyl to deal with the heat, but ESPECIALLY the ridiculous 100 to 0 in seven minutes battery burn...

I just embrace the heat, it helps keep my lap warm living in cold Canada haha

• If these Gadgets only work in Gadget then I may pass this time.

Until I hear them... and then I'm lost to all reason and I'll buy all 6 for $8 each because I'm weak, weak, weak. So, no demos please.

• edited January 2019

Windows plugins version means it will certainly be possible to export from Gadget to Ableton Live Set and being able to finish a track in Live and tweak gadgets as vst’s. This is more interesting than standalone version IMO, especially if Windows price is lower than Mac version.

If midi out gives virtual midi ports with individual channels in Audiobus, AUM, etc, we should be able to sequence AU instruments from Gadget which could leads to a new interesting workflow, as we still miss AU sequencers options in modular hosts environments. Gadget sequencer has limitations but is very fast to use.

I’d like to know which other improvements have been made, a linear sequencer mode and better audio recordings tracks could be nice for sure. Free iOS update so we can’t complain :)

• There will not be a standalone Gadget app according to the announcement for Windows - just plugins.

• If Ableton export opens the gadgets on desktop I will be forced to get this on windows. Curious what other little things are incoming. Highly doubt all the new gadgets will be free, I would be happy with the midi out and some workflow shortcuts.