Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@oddSTAR said:

Very disappointed. The English version doesn't say anything about "instant fighting sounds

Instant fighting sounds sold separately. But they come FREE from your spouse anytime you forget to close the door to your studio. :D

Or if you don't put the toilet seat down. You can get even more warlike sounds if at the same time you use the last of the toilet paper and don't change the roll ;)

• Great news! Can't wait!

Let's hope they get things right! Like - I hope the new midi out gadget isn't crippled in some way like the Zurich/Rosario gadgets (only audio in from external). Korg wouldn't release a midi out gadget that only send to external hardware would they? ... 😄😀 I jest

Very excited for this release... quite probably more so than any other app released over the past few years.

• If Gadget gets parts of Ozone in it then I might actually go back to gadget for production purposes. a few improvements to the sequencer would be ideal too...great sounding update so far.

• @Enkerli said:

Wonder about the improvements to the DAW. This is where it’s lowest on details but the fact that it’s a paid upgrade on macOS makes me think they’re significant.
    Not sure it’ll convince me to upgrade, though. Bitwig Studio has become my desktop DAW of choice and BWS3 sounds like it’ll be a major improvement. On macOS, only used the DAW a few times. Even the plugins aren’t that important to me on the desktop. But if the upgrade is 50$, it might be reasonable.

I'm hoping the "plugin-only" version will translate into cost savings. You don't get the standalone version of Gadget, but you don't really need it if you use your DAW as the sequencer.

• @sysexual said:
    If Gadget gets parts of Ozone in it then I might actually go back to gadget for production purposes. a few improvements to the sequencer would be ideal too...great sounding update so far.

No Ozone coming to Gadget. The partnership with Izotope is that you get a FREE copy of Ozone Elements desktop software with purchase of certain Korg hardware, MIDI controllers.

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/011802/

• @Enkerli said:
    Sounds like the “Legacy Collection” of desktop plugins has been put on the backburner again and they expect people to focus on these Gadgets. There are some differences in performance (for instance, fewer voices in the Gadget versions). But the pricing model is a lot more distinct.

I see. I was thinking that maybe they were going to update the Legacy Collection code to be compatible with the new Gadget release. Oh well, never mind........

• @Iso said:

@Enkerli said:
    Sounds like the “Legacy Collection” of desktop plugins has been put on the backburner again and they expect people to focus on these Gadgets. There are some differences in performance (for instance, fewer voices in the Gadget versions). But the pricing model is a lot more distinct.

I see. I was thinking that maybe they were going to update the Legacy Collection code to be compatible with the new Gadget release. Oh well, never mind........

If 2 of the new Gadgets are MS-20 and Polysix as has been suggested, then the legacy collection may become obsolete ?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Iso said:

@Enkerli said:

If 2 of the new Gadgets are MS-20 and Polysix as has been suggested, then the legacy collection may become obsolete ?

I doubt it, they look very stripped down.

I really hope Korg update iMS20 and iPolysix - they're both pretty long in the tooth now, and bundling in the Gadget versions would be fair considering how much we've all spent on iOS Korg stuff over the years.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@sysexual said:
    If Gadget gets parts of Ozone in it then I might actually go back to gadget for production purposes. a few improvements to the sequencer would be ideal too...great sounding update so far.

No Ozone coming to Gadget. The partnership with Izotope is that you get a FREE copy of Ozone Elements desktop software with purchase of certain Korg hardware, MIDI controllers.

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/011802/

aw. it was a cool thought. hello again Cubasis.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Iso said:

@Enkerli said:

I really hope Korg update iMS20 and iPolysix - they're both pretty long in the tooth now, and bundling in the Gadget versions would be fair considering how much we've all spent on iOS Korg stuff over the years.

An expensive game indeed, especially considering for me most of it now has a little cloud next to it because it has been shipped off the device due to me not using it :|
    I'm thinking the MIDI OUT will change this. I hope they are not charging an arm and a leg for it !

• @Iso said:

@Enkerli said:

It might still happen. In fact, come to think of it, the last update to the KLC had some input from the Gadget line. So it wouldn’t be out of character.
    My comment was more about timing. Obviously, Korg takes on many diverse projects at the same time (and they’ve been announcing quite a few of these before NAMM). But it sounds like the Legacy Collection and Gadget line are on “alternate timelines”.

Briefly thought about getting some softsynths in the KLC line, when they were on sale. The difference in performance wasn’t enough of an incentive, for me. Chances are that many other musickers will focus on the Gadget plugins which can eat up some KLC sales (which are likely to be fairly low).

• It would take a miracle level of core features (audio routing/fx/file system/good audio tracks) for me to consider installing Gadget again. So glad NS2 came out when it did so I am not tempted by midi out (but but, midi clock sync (QUIET Gus brain!)). No more money for you Korg.

• Having a hard time getting really excited about this announcement. Part of it is because we don’t have many details.

Also, much of my musicking has moved to AUv3 plugins. Two years ago, Korg’s softsynths gave me a significant boost. My first interactions on these forums were about iWavestation. But, in the meantime, my musicking life has changed pretty significantly, thanks in large part to new plugins (and plugin hosts) on iOS. From Rozeta, Kosmonaut, Perforator, and Ruismaker Noir by @brambos along with all sorts of other independent apps to Moog Model D and Noise by ROLI, my iOS musicking setup has really shifted to AUv3. My 9.7" iPad Pro mostly serves me as a vehicle for those plugins (bought it used to replace an iPad 4, specifically to run all of these plugins). Most apps which don’t work as AUv3 plugins get offloaded automatically. Audiokit D1 is an exception. But Korg Gadget isn’t. It hasn’t been on my iPad Pro in the past several months.
    Maybe Gadget 2 will be different, if the workflow improvements are really significant. But it sounds very unlikely.

• @Doc_T said:
    Hopefully they have also included some other features like copy paste of notes, possibility to make upbeats, program changes via MIDI...

I. Want. PROGRAM CHANGES! :lol:

• Interested to see the new changes made in the main screen

“We’ve redesigned the main screen view so that you can see the status of each track at a glance, and created a new smooth tempo-change and fade-in/out function.”

• @chandroji said:
    Where in the world is there no reasonable Internet connection @Samu ?

Come on, you know the answer: It‘s the country you and I live in.😬

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Iso said:

@Enkerli said:

An expensive game indeed, especially considering for me most of it now has a little cloud next to it because it has been shipped off the device due to me not using it :|
    I'm thinking the MIDI OUT will change this. I hope they are not charging an arm and a leg for it !

I didn't go as far as getting Module, but I've got most of the other Gadgets and probably all the standalone stuff. How much of it do I use? Going by the last few months...hardly any at all. I think I had a quick go on iPolysix after it was mentioned on here but that's about it. KEW seems to have ended up in the unused drawer.

I can't use Gadget as it heats up my iPad to dangerous levels, and drains the battery super fast. What I really want them to update is a fix for that - nothing else I use has such a disasterous effect on the hardware.

I love Korg, but if they try and squeeze more money out of me by making me pay for iMS20 and iPolysix Gadgets then the romance is over. They're 'chucked' as we so delightfully used to say in Essex, in the 80's.

Looking into getting NS2 very soon...I think if I end up getting that one Gadget's days are truly over.

• edited January 2019

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Iso said:

@Enkerli said:
    Sounds like the “Legacy Collection” of desktop plugins has been put on the backburner again and they expect people to focus on these Gadgets. There are some differences in performance (for instance, fewer voices in

They're 'chucked' as we so delightfully used to say in Essex, in the 80's.

And Birmingham in the 70's when i was at secondary school! :D

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Iso said:

@Enkerli said:

I didn't go as far as getting Module, but I've got most of the other Gadgets and probably all the standalone stuff. How much of it do I use? Going by the last few months...hardly any at all. I think I had a quick go on iPolysix after it was mentioned on here but that's about it. KEW seems to have ended up in the unused drawer.

I can't use Gadget as it heats up my iPad to dangerous levels, and drains the battery super fast. What I really want them to update is a fix for that - nothing else I use has such a disasterous effect on the hardware.

I love Korg, but if they try and squeeze more money out of me by making me pay for iMS20 and iPolysix Gadgets then the romance is over. They're 'chucked' as we so delightfully used to say in Essex, in the 80's.

Looking into getting NS2 very soon...I think if I end up getting that one Gadget's days are truly over.

I stopped getting the Gadgets when Vancouver came out....have hankered over iMonopoly a few times but resisted....got KEW as I like the electribes....made about 3 tracks with it and haven't delved back since.

Yes, I'm familiar with Chucking :D Gadget was well and truly chucked for me....MIDI OUT and the fact that it has MIDI Clock slaving will make me unchuck it, for a bit at least....I can get away with just using the original gadgets for the most part as I'll use them as drafts when I'm not plugged in for the gear I want to use MIDI with so hopefully the battery drain/heat issue won't be a problem ;)

• Can’t wait for this update. Midi out is the cherry on top of this news. I don’t mind buying new gadgets as long as the app keeps getting better and better. There are always some hidden UI features sprinkled in each update as well that I appreciate whenever I find them. Korg is listening and improving Gadget every year. Really like how it has evolved. I’m guessing the other 2 Gadgets will be the Switch video game sounds Gadgets that were announced a few months back.

• Interesting

Gadget 2 also sports a redesigned user interface, with the main screen view now enabling you to see the status of each track at a glance. Smooth tempo change and fade-in/out functions have been added, too.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/namm-2019-korg-gadget-2-is-coming-and-youll-also-be-able-to-buy-its-devices-as-mac-and-pc-plugins

• Is this update coming to iOS or just desktop/mac ?

• @reasOne said:
    Is this update coming to iOS or just desktop/mac ?

IOS, Mac and Windows!

• wait... so there will be no Gadget for Windows, only alone gadgets as a plugins? Not good

• I don’t get all the excitement about Midi Out.
    Gadget doesn’t have anything that does cool Midi stuff to output, and the sequencer is pretty sub-par.
    I sequence in other apps (Xequence), so I would probably never use this new feature.

I wish they would have made Midi Import even better than the last improvement. And individual audio outputs for the gadgets would have been way more exciting, at least to me.

But I am really curious about what everyone else is hoping to use the new Midi Out feature for.

• @LeonKowalski said:

@chandroji said:
    Where in the world is there no reasonable Internet connection @Samu ?

Come on, you know the answer: It‘s the country you and I live in.😬

LOL! 😎

Germany™️ is not Sweden isn’t it?

• @CracklePot said:
    I don’t get all the excitement about Midi Out.
    Gadget doesn’t have anything that does cool Midi stuff to output, and the sequencer is pretty sub-par.
    I sequence in other apps (Xequence), so I would probably never use this new feature.

I wish they would have made Midi Import even better than the last improvement. And individual audio outputs for the gadgets would have been way more exciting, at least to me.

But I am really curious about what everyone else is hoping to use the new Midi Out feature for.

I think Gadget is nice and casual and people just want to compliment the internal sounds (that they already like) with a bit of external midi juice. For me NS2 is better for casual level sequencing than Gadget but yah Xequence is hardcore cool. If I had more desktop/hardware time available I would absolutely get it.

• Well that has cheered me up. Four new Gadgets and two more surprise Gadgets to come- happy January.
    Wouldn’t it be good if one of the other two new ones was a Kaoss Pad Gadget?

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Korg English links now working. Mac version will be a paid upgrade.

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0118/

I’m not typically one to complain, and it is still very early with limited info released from KORG, but I have a bit of disappointment that the Mac version will be a paid upgrade.

I suppose it depends on what enhancements Gadget 2 brings as far as interface and new features. But if I’m just paying for new gadgets, that was sort of the appeal to buying the Mac version - free Gadget modules.

• @ruggedsmooth said:

@reasOne said:
    Is this update coming to iOS or just desktop/mac ?

IOS, Mac and Windows!

Excellent!