Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @Jocphone said:

@Samu said:

@Jocphone said:
    I don't get it. In the App Store Gadget says it is on version 3.7.2. Does this mean a whole new app?

They could jist replace the exisiting binary with a completely new app just like Fruityloops did way back when the new version popped. In due time we’ll know...

But if we are already on v3.7.x why not Korg Gadget 4? Is the desktop version 1?

in Japan 4 is the number of bad luck, they try to avoid it as much as possible ;)

• Hey @davis_korgrd say something more to Kord nerds :)

• i haven't checked recently, but I found that many of the korg gadget drum modules have wav files easily accessible that can be ported to an iOS sampler.

• @dendy said:
    For me far away biggest issue with gadget is that sequencer, forced myself to finish whole track in it but it was terribly painful process..

Ditto. I’d be happy if Gadget just got a better sequencer TBH.

• Korg Gadget is still one of my fave iOS apps, this is great news! Would be so cool to use iMS-20 & iPolysix on the iPhone. Also, iPolysix has some great effects, maybe the mixer track effects will have these/some new additions. Looking forward to what the Midi Out gadget can do too 😻🎛🚀

• @Telefunky said:

@Jocphone said:

@Samu said:

@Jocphone said:
    I don't get it. In the App Store Gadget says it is on version 3.7.2. Does this mean a whole new app?

They could jist replace the exisiting binary with a completely new app just like Fruityloops did way back when the new version popped. In due time we’ll know...

But if we are already on v3.7.x why not Korg Gadget 4? Is the desktop version 1?

in Japan 4 is the number of bad luck, they try to avoid it as much as possible ;)

The drummer in my old band had a thing for the number 4...shouting it would make him giggle...he was VERY dissappointed when he went to Singapore for work and none of the lifts went to floor number 4 :D

• Bohoo... The update will be out in February and I'll be out of the country with no proper internet connection so I'll mostly likely miss the sale too, it's a sad sad day for me...

• @Samu said:
    Bohoo... The update will be out in February and I'll be out of the country with no proper internet connection so I'll mostly likely miss the sale too, it's a sad sad day for me...

Oooh Feb, it'll make a nice birthday present for me then :)

• @Samu said:
    Bohoo... The update will be out in February and I'll be out of the country with no proper internet connection so I'll mostly likely miss the sale too, it's a sad sad day for me...

Where in the world is there no reasonable Internet connection @Samu ?

I'm sure there will be a way.
    Even if you can't download the Gagets, the Internet connection should be enough to make a sale purchase.

Don’t feel sad, you will find a way... 👍

• @chandroji said:

@Samu said:

Even if you can't download the Gagets, the Internet connection should be enough to make a sale purchase.

They usually do rather long sales than short :)

• Hopefully they have also included some other features like copy paste of notes, possibility to make upbeats, program changes via MIDI...

• @chandroji said:

The Philippines is known for slow internet and cell coverage especially out side of the larger cities :)
    (Last time I was there I barely got cell coverage and when I had it was like 0,5-1Mbit/s at best).

I have dome some research this time and the area we're going to 'SMART' apparently has the best coverage.

Most Hotels are still stuck with ~2Mbit land-line connections so even if there's wifi it's not 'fast' especially when I'm used to a full duplex 100/100 connection and ~80Mbit/s '4G/LTE' :)
    (PLTD was unable to provide 10Mbit/s fibre connection to one of our friends there when they had to relocate).

Yeah, but will it be 'new apps' that are 'iPad Only' that need to be purchased in order to unlock the Gadgets?
    (The Plan is to just use the iPhone this time around and keep the packing to a minimum).

And most 'pre-paid' plans there include 1-4GB data per month so it will get interesting for sure :)

I was hoping to download it before travel ;)

Back on topic though, I do feel Gadget 2 will turn out to be quite an improvement as details leak...

• @Samu said:

The Philippines is known for slow internet and cell coverage especially out side of the larger cities :)
    (Last time I was there I barely got cell coverage and when I had it was like 0,5-1Mbit/s at best).

Perhaps they have the same aversion to the number 4 as Japan and Singapore..you know 4G :D

• What makes me happy is Gadget for Windows (!)

• @Samu said:

February probably means end of February and the sales is usually several weeks, you should be fine.

• Korg has been a synonym for cool vocoders. That's long overdue. I hope for the Microkorg as a gadget. Should be called Duesseldorf or Frankfurt :)

• Midi Out Gadget !? Wow ... that‘s an evolution

• @Peter321 said:

@Samu said:

February probably means end of February and the sales is usually several weeks, you should be fine.

... or earlier? I read somewhere it will be presented at Namm, but who knows when it will hit the shelves ...

• @chandroji said:

@Samu said:

At sea now we get limited internet on ships it's snail speed with dropouts but it is possible to download small files !

• Just noticed this little snippet in the blurb on the Korg news feed.....wonder if this means we are getting tempo automation ?

smooth tempo change

• I’m more interested in the internal changes than the new gadgets. Has anything been said about improvements to audio tracks?

• edited January 2019

Korg English links now working. Mac version will be a paid upgrade.

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0118/

• Also, it appears there will be a plugin-only version for Mac/PC.

• edited January 2019

The nano series is getting the new garish (er, I mean “limited-edition”) color scheme makeover. Also, 20% discount code for Gadget Mac with purchase.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/computergear/nano2_color/

• Perhaps this means that the Legacy Collection vst's will have their (tiny) GUI's updated at long last?

• edited January 2019
    • clip triggering would be cool...
    • double reset of encoders
    • preset sharing
    • normal song bpm select.. this sucks big time in Gadget.....
  • @Jumpercollins said:
    It sayes it’s coming to Windows desktop aswell.

Hooorraaayyyyy!!!!!!…… :*

• Very disappointed. The English version doesn't say anything about "instant fighting sounds." :wink: I'm actually looking forward to seeing how seamlessly the MIDI out works and what the Windows version brings. For those with the Mac version, what does it add to your experience?

• edited January 2019

@oddSTAR said:
    For those with the Mac version, what does it add to your experience?

Mainly, the ability to use the instruments as plugins in your DAW, without the limitations of the Gadget sequencer. Also, better value in the long run, because you get ALL the gadgets. That is, the desktop version is more cash upfront, but ends up being a better value compared to buying iOS version + all the IAPs.

Very disappointed. The English version doesn't say anything about "instant fighting sounds

Instant fighting sounds sold separately. But they come FREE from your spouse anytime you forget to close the door to your studio. :D

• Sounds like the “Legacy Collection” of desktop plugins has been put on the backburner again and they expect people to focus on these Gadgets. There are some differences in performance (for instance, fewer voices in the Gadget versions). But the pricing model is a lot more distinct.

Kinda funny that we’ve all been clamouring for iOS plugins and Windows is where they’re expanding the plugin collection.

Wonder about the improvements to the DAW. This is where it’s lowest on details but the fact that it’s a paid upgrade on macOS makes me think they’re significant.
    Not sure it’ll convince me to upgrade, though. Bitwig Studio has become my desktop DAW of choice and BWS3 sounds like it’ll be a major improvement. On macOS, only used the DAW a few times. Even the plugins aren’t that important to me on the desktop. But if the upgrade is 50$, it might be reasonable.