«13456728

Comments

  • Is this legit.

    Looks like new gadgets coming if so.

    Memphis MS-20 recreation.
    .
    Durban ? Any guesses

    Pompei Poly 6

    Taipei ? Any guesses

  • It sayes it’s coming to Windows desktop aswell.

  • No AU no interest, if it was AU and supported Mac and Windows, I would buy them all in a heartbeat.

  • @Samu what were these other new gadgets mentioned late last year that were suppose to be dropping ?

  • This is about the desktop version, right?
    There's still a number of issues to fix in the current iOS version before releasing a V2.

  • edited January 18

    @davis_korgrd Is this true? If so, will it be an extra expense for the major upgrade? If so, will all my previous IAP purchases carry over? Will we get Otorii and Ebina?

  • edited January 18

    It is listed on their japanese site :smile:

    Add a new six-gadget
    -Memphis (semi-modular Analogue synthesizer)
    -Pompei (6Voices Analogue synthesizer)
    -Taipei (midi-out Control Module)
    -Durban (Bass Effect Processor)
    -In addition, two new gadgets coming soon

    Look like there will be a midi out gadget :smile:

    https://www.korg.com/jp/news/2019/0118/

  • translated japan page:

  • edited January 18

    translated japanese page

  • On the site it looks like just the plugins and not the program is coming to Windows? I’m still thankful for it.

    KORG Gadget 2 ラインナップ

    • KORG Gadget 2 for iOS *1
    • KORG Gadget 2 for Mac *2
    • KORG Gadget 2 Plugins for Mac/PC *3
  • Possible a new app?! Or a major update on the excising with extending to the windows world?

  • Midi Out Control Module !!!!!!!!

  • edited January 18

    Free upgrade for iOS. :)
    I’m hoping that the ms20 gadget is unlocked if you have the standalone...let’s hope too that midi out is true and also some other workflow improvements because without AU support I struggle with keeping interest in it.
    Good that Windows is coming though.

    So looks like finally ipolysix and ms-20 get the gadget treatments.... :)

  • @david_2017 said:
    Possible a new app?!

    check small text on bottom ;)

    "free upgrade for ios version"

  • edited January 18

    Man, MS-20 and Polysix coming to Gadget is gonna keep me up all night in anticipation, rofl. I may consider downloading it back to my iPad again. :lol:

    That said, I'm thankful the upgrade will be free. Time to clear some space on my credit card for the IAPs.

  • @dendy said:

    @david_2017 said:
    Possible a new app?!

    check small text on bottom ;)

    "free upgrade for ios version"

    Thanks mate for opening my eyes :-)
    Problem will be still no AU and most likely all mentioned above new gadgets iAP starting at 8€ ;)

  • edited January 18

    new gadgets iAP starting at 8€

    Which is ridiculously cheap, considering the quality :lol: For me far away biggest issue with gadget is that sequencer, forced myself to finish whole track in it but it was terribly painful process .. Although after NS2 will get audiobus input, i'm ready to sample shit out of Gadget's synths :))

  • I hope that the iMs20 and polysix apps automatically unlock the new gadgets in the same way imonopoly does. And hopefully work on iPhone as well as iPad.

    Gadgetising ielectribe would be good too.

    Having said that auv3 versions of the stand alone apps would be much better. I’d buy more Korg apps if they were auv3 rather than gadgets. I don’t want to buy any Korg gadget that can’t be used outside of Gadget.

  • Nice. I’m hoping the iMS20/iPolysix Gadgets will be free for those of us with the apps. They can bugger off otherwise.

  • @MonzoPro said:
    Nice. I’m hoping the iMS20/iPolysix Gadgets will be free for those of us with the apps. They can bugger off otherwise.

    The only ’problem’ would be how to install them on iPhone if they rely on an installed version of iMS-20 and iPolySix since they are not universal!? I suspect same procedure as with Darwin/iM1...

  • @Samu said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Nice. I’m hoping the iMS20/iPolysix Gadgets will be free for those of us with the apps. They can bugger off otherwise.

    The only ’problem’ would be how to install them on iPhone if they rely on an installed version of iMS-20 and iPolySix since they are not universal!? I suspect same procedure as with Darwin/iM1...

    Ah right. Hopefully they’ll update the standalones, which will then unlock the new Gadgets in Gadget.

  • I don't get it. In the App Store Gadget says it is on version 3.7.2. Does this mean a whole new app?

  • @Jocphone said:
    I don't get it. In the App Store Gadget says it is on version 3.7.2. Does this mean a whole new app?

    They could jist replace the exisiting binary with a completely new app just like Fruityloops did way back when the new version popped. In due time we’ll know...

  • @Samu said:

    @Jocphone said:
    I don't get it. In the App Store Gadget says it is on version 3.7.2. Does this mean a whole new app?

    They could jist replace the exisiting binary with a completely new app just like Fruityloops did way back when the new version popped. In due time we’ll know...

    But if we are already on v3.7.x why not Korg Gadget 4? Is the desktop version 1?

  • @dendy said:
    Midi Out Control Module !!!!!!!!

    This would bring be back to Gadget.

  • @AndyPlankton said:

    @dendy said:
    Midi Out Control Module !!!!!!!!

    This would bring be back to Gadget.

    Ditto ..

  • @Samu said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    The only ’problem’ would be how to install them on iPhone if they rely on an installed version of iMS-20 and iPolySix since they are not universal!? I suspect same procedure as with Darwin/iM1...

    Maybe Once you’ve unlocked on iPad, Gadget should recognise them as purchased and you should then be able to do a “Restore Purchases” thing on the iPhone.

  • edited January 18

    @Jocphone said:

    But if we are already on v3.7.x why not Korg Gadget 4? Is the desktop version 1?

    Gadget 2, V1.0 :)
    Yeah, the Desktop version is 1.x so that could explain it and at the same time sync the version numbers.

    I do wonder when it will actually ship?
    I'll be without proper internet connection for about 3 weeks starting January 28th...

    Found 2 pictures in the Korg.com site but links are not working yet ;)

    Looks like Midi-Out Gadget of some kind?

    And well, if we get built-in mastering it would be a bonus too hehe...

  • Midi out control module is THE BIG THING for me ! Can’t wait !

Sign In or Register to comment.