Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB3 : External MIDI Clock Input Sync please <3

Hi,

It is currently hard (impossible?) to find a AU/IAA Host that can use MIDI Clock input to synchronise the session from an external MIDI master clock source.

It would be absolutely erm...gamechanging super amazing, useful and transformative if AB3 could have an option to allow its internal clock/start stop to be slaved to an incoming MIDI clock. (and then naturally pass this sync onto other Apps in the chain)

I know Link has worked wonders for local synchronisation between Apps, but sadly I find this doesn't really suit my needs when trying to integrate an iPad as part of a larger MIDI setup/External DAW.

Pretty please ? :p

@Michael What do you think ? If you could essentially port some of Loopy HD MIDI sync options and timing magic into AB3 I would be as happy as a pig in shit. Probably happier. <3
I would love to see the return of the Spectacular Sync Engine too

Cheers : )

Comments

• @iamspoon said:
    @Michael What do you think ? If you could essentially port some of Loopy HD MIDI sync options and timing magic into AB3 I would be as happy as a pig in shit. Probably happier. <3
    I would love to see the return of the Spectacular Sync Engine too

+100

• This is coming in 3.3, which I'm working on right now! Oh, and the sync engine is released and available on GitHub. I just didn't make much of it; partially to encourage more use of Link, partially cos I'm not up for doing much open source work these days

• @Michael said:
    This is coming in 3.3, which I'm working on right now! Oh, and the sync engine is released and available on GitHub. I just didn't make much of it; partially to encourage more use of Link, partially cos I'm not up for doing much open source work these days

LINK is no replacement for MIDI clock sync, so thank you very much! <3

• Excellent news, thanks so much.
    This should allow me to integrate an iPad into a MIDI studio setup so much better and open up lots of cool creative options especially with AU MIDI Sequencing and FX Chains etc etc... B) <3

@rs2000 said:
    LINK is no replacement for MIDI clock sync, so thank you very much! <3

Yeah I totally agree. They both have their strengths and weaknesses depending on how you make music and your working setup.

I always felt SSE MIDI was fundamentally a better solution than Link as it addressed and improved the inherent problems with MIDI timing/jitter without breaking compatibility with existing Hardware/DAW standards.
    Of course Link is pretty amazing in different ways with a different methodology.
    (No hard feelings Link fans)

https://github.com/michaeltyson/TheSpectacularSyncEngine

• Did this make it into 3.3? From what I can tell, it did not.

• edited January 2019

I have to say that despite having incorporated link into my set up I totally still would jump on being able to stop and restart the session instantly. Hope it can make it into one of the next few 3.xxs

• I’d love this too. I use AB for everything on my iPad, and it would let me hook it all up to an Octatrack..

• Soon I think o:) <3

• edited January 2019

Audiobus 3 generating MIDI Clock (start/stop) and sending it to hardware slaves is more useful to me, considering my Nord keyboard only receives MIDI Clock messages (i.e., it cannot send).

• Would love to see that, too! :)