Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Massive AUM update

124»

Comments

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@Iso said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@vpich said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    Ugh... It seems that this update did something with midi mapping. A lot of AU's I rely on are no longer responding to midi mapping... Turn controller knobs, AU's just sit there with a blank look on their face... :(

The little side control knob in AUM does work, so there's something broken in the mid/au path between AUM's learning function (which does work, and some AU's still work like some of Bram's stuff) and AUM communicating with the AU...

Soooo... Is there a way to revert BACK to the last version of an APP so I can go back to previous version of AUM? Please say yes...

I mapped easily last night with the midi learn.

What app/au? Like I said, some work. for instance Kosmonaut works. Autony does not either via AUM AUparam mapping or via it's own internal midi learn when routing midi control path to that AU.

It worked fine pre AUM update... So either some AU's were "wrong" but still worked and AUM's update just "broke" what was never supposed to work, or something else happened...

Literally months of work my just have gone up in smoke here... :(

If you read through this thread, you will see that the Autony dev @pagefall has already said he will get a fix out as soon as he is able to......

Ahhh. Sorry, missed that part... That's good to hear!

And.........relax...........! :D

• There are other big changes I haven't had time to add for this release either, like the dedicated MIDI slots (so we can stop wasting a whole audio channel strip just to host a single MIDI plugin), persistent MIDI connections (so we don't need to re-route MIDI when you accidentally disconnect your MIDI controller), and more.

I like it.

• “As soon as he is able to” might be longer than I like. Currently in hospital for an unplanned visit. Nothing to worry about but will prevent a fix for a week or so. Very sorry about this

• @pagefall said:

“As soon as he is able to” might be longer than I like. Currently in hospital for an unplanned visit. Nothing to worry about but will prevent a fix for a week or so. Very sorry about this

Aw, sorry to hear it! Best wishes

• @DCJ said:

@wim said:
    Little bit of trouble right out the gate:

1. Add BASSalicious AU plugin
    2. Use the new control to the left of the channel to control any parameter
    3. BASSalicious crashes and must be reloaded

If anyone has a chance can you please see if it’s replicable?

Even before the update any time I mapped a parameter Bassalicous would crash as soon as it received a command. Brought it to their attention but it still hasn’t been addressed.

Same here. Except the bit about contacting the dev. ;)

Not all is lost, though.
    You can hook up, say, Rozeta LFO, directly, instead of using the AU parameters. Set one LFO to CC#1, turn the others off.
    The LFO will control the modwheel, which lets you choose from a few useful destinations for modulation.

But the crashing is definitely all BASSalicious’s fault.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@vpich said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    Ugh... It seems that this update did something with midi mapping. A lot of AU's I rely on are no longer responding to midi mapping... Turn controller knobs, AU's just sit there with a blank look on their face... :(

The little side control knob in AUM does work, so there's something broken in the mid/au path between AUM's learning function (which does work, and some AU's still work like some of Bram's stuff) and AUM communicating with the AU...

Soooo... Is there a way to revert BACK to the last version of an APP so I can go back to previous version of AUM? Please say yes...

I mapped easily last night with the midi learn.

What app/au? Like I said, some work. for instance Kosmonaut works. Autony does not either via AUM AUparam mapping or via it's own internal midi learn when routing midi control path to that AU.

It worked fine pre AUM update... So either some AU's were "wrong" but still worked and AUM's update just "broke" what was never supposed to work, or something else happened...

Literally months of work my just have gone up in smoke here... :(

Oh that sucks. I haven’t gone back to old projects as my thing has been more spontaneous for rhe last couple of years. Setup-jam-record-move on. My trials were limited to only a few apps and a few parameters last night and everything worked. Don’t have/use autony.

• I like the ability to map a little mini control knob to the left of a loaded fx. Works really well with Filterstation2 for example, so I can quickly access the frequency for multiple channels. Nice touch.

• edited January 2019

@pagefall said:
    “As soon as he is able to” might be longer than I like. Currently in hospital for an unplanned visit. Nothing to worry about but will prevent a fix for a week or so. Very sorry about this

I hope all is well soon. I hadn't come across your app until this thread, & i have to say it looks great. It's not much, but at least you will get a sale from this thread. By the way, i notice that the app is developed by Abigail Macfarlane, if this is you, i apologise for referring to you as he.............. :)

• Slightly off topic, but i just bought Autony, & it's working great in apematrix, ..........bit late to the party here, but what a great app!

• @pagefall said:

Stay alive/get better etc.

• Thank you for kind thoughts. Abby is my partner in pagefall i’m Doing the dev side (i’m Mark)

Sorry about timing of hospital & need for an update. Obviously Cality delayed too :-(

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

My best guess is that some plugins did not implement the full support for AU Parameters. Specifically, an AU must allow control of parameter changes via realtime events passed to their render block. AUM 1.2.6 switched to such events to support sample accurate and jitter-free parameter changes when controlled from MIDI coming from other AU plugins. You need to ask the plugin developers to finish their AU Parameter implementation :)

• @pagefall said:

Do you have a bug that needs fixing :D Don't worry about us lot of moaning buggers...get well first ;)

• What do the dotted lines around the plugin instrument icon mean?

• Awesome update, most excellent just got better, many thanks for your hard work.

• Awesome 😃

• @White said:
    Awesome 😃

Thanks... This is so important..