Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

auGenX Meets ApeMatrix for some Modular Synth Tests?

Comments

• Cool!

I've been in somewhat similar 'mood' lately but I've been processing auGenX thru either AudioDamage Grind and/or WaveFolder from the LayR developer and sequencing it with Step PolyArp Unit for some weird noises.

I've visualised it with the ApeMatrix Oscilloscope in AUM to get a broader understanding of how Grind and WaveFolder mangle the audio and I feel I have a good grip on it for now.

I'm still in progress of trying to get somewhat predictable results from Replicator 2 from AudioDamage :)
    (This is a bit of 'self discipline' in the form that I will not get a load of new apps until I master what I've already got).

• @Samu said:
    This is a bit of 'self discipline'... I will not get a load of new apps until I master what I've already got.

You can probably pull this off. I would only get an App every 18th months... "master" an App?

I was hoping @gmslayton would do something on ApeMatrix so I can "master" 15% of it this year. I can tell it's deep but I have so much to leave about LFO's, MIDI FX, using Buses, getting a mix out it, making wave files, etc.

Good job Audio Dabbler. I like your classes.

• I used to do this kind of stuff on my iphone all the time using PixelWave SpectrumGen and adding filters FX etc.

@gmslayton Kudos for the demo and the ideas.

• @McDtracy I plan on doing some more ApeMatrix videos as I learn more about it and come up with interesting ways to use it. I feel like it could be great for live looping since you can easily route audio to different things with a simple click.

@audiblevideo thanks. I have been trying to get this recorded for a little while, just got around to doing it. I have more ideas for auGenX.

@Samu I am always in that kind of mood.

Self discipline is always good but its hard when you have been on an app binge. which is why I don't get as much music done.