Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Massive AUM update

Comments

• Great update on a great app!

• This really is a great update. I don’t always appreciate polish and attention to detail, but it’s really obvious in this new version. I’d still like to be able to assign midi effects within an instrument’s own track rather than having to add a new track for a midi effect, but it does work okay as is.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Like the update just having a few problems getting midi to work, just tried Rozeta LFO cc into Autony parameters no joy . Autony driving Aparillo fine. Rozeta LFO cc to Aparillo cc parameters fine ! Checked cc numbers match etc.

Same here, wonder who’s not talking to who?

• For the AUs that are crashing, it seems to be when their GUI is being displayed while changing the add on parameter. Can anyone else confirm? Objeq was working fine until I displayed the GUI at the same time as changing the parameter.

• Thank you for this update @j_liljedahl - nice work 👍

• edited January 2019

@gusgranite said:
    For the AUs that are crashing, it seems to be when their GUI is being displayed while changing the add on parameter. Can anyone else confirm? Objeq was working fine until I displayed the GUI at the same time as changing the parameter.

Not with Dubstation 2. It crashes without GUI displayed, but only on Delay Time, so no biggie really........i will just avoid that parameter........

• edited January 2019

@Iso said:

@gusgranite said:
    For the AUs that are crashing, it seems to be when their GUI is being displayed while changing the add on parameter. Can anyone else confirm? Objeq was working fine until I displayed the GUI at the same time as changing the parameter.

Not with Dubstation 2. It crashes without GUI displayed, but only on Delay Time, so no biggie really........i will just avoid that parameter........

+1 same here. I usually use that knob for Dubstation Mix.

Each AU will use latest parameter assigned to its knob, so that’s very useful really for quick mix tweaking.

• @Janosax said:

@Iso said:

@gusgranite said:

Each AU will use latest parameter assigned to its knob, so that’s very useful really for quick mix tweaking.

....or the feedback knob for instant dub on the fly...........very useful.......great update........... B)

• @RJB said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Like the update just having a few problems getting midi to work, just tried Rozeta LFO cc into Autony parameters no joy . Autony driving Aparillo fine. Rozeta LFO cc to Aparillo cc parameters fine ! Checked cc numbers match etc.

@pagefall Do we have a problem with midi cc parameters control inside Autony ?

• Yes, can’t control with Brambos LFO anymore

• Hmm weird. I’ve had the update for a while (beta) & it had been working. I’m away from my desk until Friday but will look then

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@audiblevideo said:
    Damn, AUM loads fast now!

HA! Look forward to trying that out. Am very impressed with this substantial update, but the thing that I noticed previously about AUM, for all its wonderfulness, was how slow it was to launch. Sounds like a fix :)

Yeah, this turned out to be caused by fetching all the icons for installed IAA apps and AU plugins. Especially for users with "too many" audio apps ;) It now fetches the icons on demand, at the first time the icons needs to be visible (for example showing the lists of installed plugins etc).

• @Janosax said:

@Iso said:

@gusgranite said:

It will use the latest parameter assigned as a default, but also save the parameter selection in the session. And you can have different selected parameters for different instances of the same plugin in the same session.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Janosax said:

@Iso said:

@gusgranite said:

It will use the latest parameter assigned as a default, but also save the parameter selection in the session. And you can have different selected parameters for different instances of the same plugin in the same session.

Very nicely implemented. :)

• Is this all safe to go ahead with? I notice there's a few AU app related glitches...but nothing major? CPU usage still ok?

• edited January 2019

@MonzoPro said:
    Is this all safe to go ahead with? I notice there's a few AU app related glitches...but nothing major? CPU usage still ok?

I have 34 AU instruments and 48 AU effects, no issues and still as rock solid as AUM has always been, with same CPU usage. I’ve used beta version everyday for more than two months with no problem at all, including in complex AB presets sometimes for two hours or more sessions, with an iPhone 7 Plus / iOS 12 setup.

• I can't get DRC to make a single sound as an AU, otherwise excellent update and one of my favorite apps just got even better. At first I was skeptical of the parameter next to the node because it seemed a little cluttered and unnecessary, but it is really handy and I quickly came to love it.

• Incredible
    A marvel of modern science.

Thank you

• edited January 2019

Parameter next to node is a welcome addition.

Perhaps the following could also work in a future version? Tap and hold this parameter knob to open an AU-style window with 8 more knobs for the eight next parameters of this AU. It would be nice to have a couple of such windows open for live jamming, without having to set up midi stuff. The live mixer with infinite amount of knobs!

Edit: maybe that is overkill, instead of just opening the AU itself. Depends on how big it is (like Model 15 vs Autony; for Autony just open the AU itself, for M15 a small window with the most relevant knobs would be handy).
    Actually, my dream AU-like window would be a grid of knobs (4, 8 or 16) where AUM lets you choose which channel and parameter to have for each knob! That would be sweet for live jamming, all in one window, controlling different audio units of your choosing.

• @Janosax said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Is this all safe to go ahead with? I notice there's a few AU app related glitches...but nothing major? CPU usage still ok?

I have 34 AU instruments and 48 AU effects, no issues and still as rock solid as AUM has always been, with same CPU usage. I’ve used beta version everyday for more than two months with no problem at all, including in complex AB presets sometimes for two hours or more sessions, with an iPhone 7 Plus / iOS 12 setup.

Great stuff, thanks for the confirmation.

• edited January 2019

@MonzoPro said:

@Janosax said:

@MonzoPro said:

You’re welcome! Need to add more information, 34 + 48 AU are not at the same time :D ... and none of them had crashes with this AUM version, there is for example all Audio Damage, Blamsoft, Brambos, DDDF, FAC suites, Woodpressor, RX950, Voicesynth, VoiceRack FX, LoflyDIRT and more... BeatHawk, RS275, Apesoft AU, iFretless bass, Roli, Geoshred, Zeeon, Ruismaker’Z, Lorentz, Unique, ModelD, Volt, AudioLayer, Reslice, Spacecraft, and more.... Rozeta and Physicle suites.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@RJB said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@pagefall Do we have a problem with midi cc parameters control inside Autony ?

Working fine here - just tested.
    Rozeta LFO finely sending a sine to Autony transpose.
    Tested on LFO1 default CC#13 via LEARN in Autony AND on default CC#36 from Autony.
    When tested on the default Autony CC#36 and Rozeta LFo1 changed to CC#36 i needed to hit the learn button in Autony - also that should not be required.
    I guess Autony has something here. AUM and Rozeta LFO working fine.
    Maybe hitting LEARN (although the numbers match) resolves the problem!?

• Thought I would share my favorite new features.

• @Janosax said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Janosax said:

@MonzoPro said:

You’re welcome! Need to add more information, 34 + 48 AU are not at the same time :D ... and none of them had crashes with this AUM version, there is for example all Audio Damage, Blamsoft, Brambos, DDDF, FAC suites, Woodpressor, RX950, Voicesynth, VoiceRack FX, LoflyDIRT and more... BeatHawk, RS275, Apesoft AU, iFretless bass, Roli, Geoshred, Zeeon, Ruismaker’Z, Lorentz, Unique, ModelD, Volt, AudioLayer, Reslice, Spacecraft, and more.... Rozeta and Physicle suites.

Lovely, thank you!

• edited January 2019

Hi @j_liljedahl, thanks for this update! There are some things I wanted for a long time and others I didn't know I needed.

Now that the Kymatica forum is closed, what would be your preferred way to receive bug reports and feature requests? If I may start with one: can the newly released "Sort by last used" list not be grouped by developer? It's a bit confusing to have Bram Bos with two plugins, then Humbletune, then Bram Bos again, etc.

• Will fix Autony midi soonish. Am
    Slightly indisposed (personal stuff) for a few days

• @gmslayton said:
    Thought I would share my favorite new features.

Thanks..

• @MAtrixplan said:
    no LINK - start, stop yet?

I should really just ignore this but damn, I can't. Did you see the massive list of FREE new features posted at the top of this thread? Consider just how much work was involved with doing all of that. If it was as easy to implement IN AUM as you seem to think it is, it would obviously already be there.