Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Missed that so thanks for the heads up! Interesting times ahead! Cheers.

• Thanks for this fellow nerd! (I thought I was the only one). I'll look forward to experimenting later.

I'm still getting over finding the 4000+ scales on the Huygens-Fokker website last week. Well worth a look if you haven't already.

• wow, thanks!

• thank you.

• Ah, that’s beautiful!

• This is very good to be able to use all of those great scales in two wonderful synths like these.

• I hope one day to be able to play them from wilsonic too. Would be lovely.

• Hi guys,

I'm the developer of Wilsonic, and I'm an AudioKit developer focused on Synth One. It's great to hear your interest and excitement about the TuneUp feature of Wilsonic, Synth One, and Digital D1. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. I should really do some video demos but I'm so obsessed with adding features to the apps I keep procrastinating.

• @marcussatellite said:
    Hi guys,

I'm the developer of Wilsonic, and I'm an AudioKit developer focused on Synth One. It's great to hear your interest and excitement about the TuneUp feature of Wilsonic, Synth One, and Digital D1. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. I should really do some video demos but I'm so obsessed with adding features to the apps I keep procrastinating.

This is truly a wonderful thing! Thank you so much for making this happen!!

I hope more synths might be added to the list of instruments tuneable via Wilsonic. I wonder if Sunrizer could be a contender - not made with audiokit, but it does accept scala tunings - any chance of compatibility?

Also, any future plans for Wilsonic to send midi out to the synths it can now retune? I'd gladly pay an IAP or even for Wilsonic 2 :)

• @marcussatellite I have the same request as @palm and would love Wilsonic to be able to send out MIDI from its scale playing surfaces as the graphic representation of the harmonic relationships is lost when they’re shoe horned into the traditional piano keyboard.

• Love using Wilsonic tunings in Synth One. Far out, man—and I mean that sincerely. Figured to expand the sonic palette even further by getting D-1. However, no tuning page as in S1. I find I can send a tuning from Wilsonic to D-1 but no way to change/reset the tuning within D-1. Any suggestions/insights? Thanks.

• Marcus and I will work together to add a scale "reset" button to the next D1 update. 👍

• Sneak peak at using Wilsonic & Synth One on the iPhone together:

• @marcussatellite said:
    Hi guys,

Hi!
    I been using Wilsonic all day, incredible work!!!!
    Congratulations

• 1) Would be great if Wilsonic's control surfaces could be used to control the other Audiokit synths.
    2) Would really appreciate a tutorial on the the scales already in Synth One. They sound great but it's all kind of opaque to me. I would be interested in learning the mechanics of understanding what they are and how to use them in the synth.
    3) Would be nice to have access to some properly tuned Indian ragas. There are other apps that have raga scales, but tuned in 12et, which sounds so wrong.

• I agree, Wilsonic looks great as a controller.

Using the scales from the Ervin Wilson diagrams seems much more satisfying than doing it from a common keyboard.

• How do Synth One and D1 compare?
    I'm specifically looking to get as close as I can to the sound of a harp.

Would either get me close?

• Wilsonic+TuneUp+SynthOne+D-1 in Audiobus.
    I feel like I’ve just gone through a Space Odyssey wormhole.
    Many thanks to all of these developers! Midi, please.

• So I notice on the bottom of every screen is a row with numbered rectangles.

Do the numbers at the top of the rectangles represent MIDI note number values?