Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I start with the chord Bm7

What’s next?

Comments

• edited January 2019

Dadd9/A

• That's it. You're done.

"One chord is fine. Two chords are pushing it. Three chords and you're into jazz." - Lou Reed

• edited January 2019

C#m

• Play an E in the bass and break into the “favourite things” vamp.

• Bm7 - AMaj9 - Bm7 - C#m7 - Dm7 - C#m7 - Bm7 - F#m7 (repeat)

• Next comes a big fat J maaaan

• @robertreynolds said:
    What’s next?

What is the subject of the song? Or at least the mood....? What road are you walking down? Are you walking? Are you on your knees across the broken glass or light and sure of better days? Who will happen to you next?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@robertreynolds said:
    What’s next?

What is the subject of the song? Or at least the mood....? What road are you walking down? Are you walking? Are you on your knees across the broken glass or light and sure of better days? Who will happen to you next?

It’s an airport bar ode to a sore back and a flapping sole that has become unglued from my shoe, made slightly better by an overly expensive Cadillac margarita, until my flight # is called and I realize my phone has died, along with the electronic version of my boarding pass.

To everyone else, I’m gonna experiment with your suggestions and get back to you!

Cheers,

RR

• @BroCoast said:
    Play an E in the bass and break into the “favourite things” vamp.

This.

• @robertreynolds said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@robertreynolds said:
    What’s next?

It’s an airport bar ode to a sore back and a flapping sole that has become unglued from my shoe, made slightly better by an overly expensive Cadillac margarita, until my flight # is called and I realize my phone has died, along with the electronic version of my boarding pass.

To everyone else, I’m gonna experiment with your suggestions and get back to you!

Cheers,

RR

Giggling. Brilliant. Look forward to hearing the final production.... :)

• edited January 2019

There's no pop/classic rock progression more pleasing to me than the Bm7 A G. So my vote is drop that low B down to A (which I guess makes a D, but technically in my arcane terminology an A/Bm7) and keep on, you'll be a regular Mellancamp/Rick Springfield in no time.

This assumes guitar though, you can't be a heartthrob on synth or keys. You're relegated, at best, to 'the cute one'.

• Em9 / Amaj7 / F#m7. I feel your pain.

• This assumes guitar though, you can't be a heartthrob on synth or keys. You're relegated, at best, to 'the cute one'.

• @NoiseHorse said:

This assumes guitar though, you can't be a heartthrob on synth or keys. You're relegated, at best, to 'the cute one'.

Oh Lord!

• @Halftone said:
    That's it. You're done.

"One chord is fine. Two chords are pushing it. Three chords and you're into jazz." - Lou Reed

😄

"Lou, what's up with the fourth chord?"

• Sterling Morrison on being presented with Sweet Jane
  • @robertreynolds said:
    What’s next?

Detune it? 🧐

• edited January 2019

Bm7 - E7 - Amaj7 - F#m

(I'd play it with a Bossa groove)

• edited January 2019

Add the 9th to make it Bm9, then make a house track out of it.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@Halftone said:
    That's it. You're done.

😄

"Lou, what's up with the fourth chord?"

• Sterling Morrison on being presented with Sweet Jane

"What fourth chord?" - Lou Reed

• @robertreynolds said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@robertreynolds said:
    What’s next?

Cheers,

RR

Good question, great answer. My vote: DMaj, in hopes of finding a charger, which would be great but ain't gonna fix your sole.

• You guys are all sooooooo damn wrong...

Just hold Bm7 then allow the real musician to do an hour long drum solo...

It’s not that difficult.

• edited January 2019

You can take a look at the circle of fifths and simply experiment. There is a great app called ultimate circle of fifths. Or Quinterval, which is free.

• Go Spanish - Bm7, A(maj7), G(maj7), F#(+9). Or my favourite variation Bm7, G, A, F#

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    You guys are all sooooooo damn wrong...

It’s not that difficult.

Running the real muso drummer through sidechain w/ the chord could be awesome

• Music lessons? :)

• @GovernorSilver said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    You guys are all sooooooo damn wrong...

It’s not that difficult.

Running the real muso drummer through sidechain w/ the chord could be awesome

Gate it with the kick. :wink:

• @NoiseHorse said:

See! He's relegated, AT BEST, to 'the cute one'.