Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GARAGEBAND - The DRUMMER Tutorial & Use In A Track

Here is a tutorial for creating a full drum pattern and practical uses in a track.
The track featured is from the next Doug & Colin album.

Comments

• Awesome. Cool Beans. Top Job, Doug.

GarageBand is free so not a lot of people use it. We must be addicted to spending the money.

• It hard to imagine a Garage Band without a Drummer.

• @McDtracy said:

GarageBand is free so not a lot of people use it. We must be addicted to spending the money.

I'm really enjoying GarageBand on my iPhone 8 and suddenly my Air 2 feels 'sluggish' :D
    (The A11 in the iPhone 8 is a lot faster than the A8x in the Air 2 even though both have 2GB's of Ram).

• When Drummer first came to Logic, I didn't think I would use it much. For many things, it's really like hiring a good drummer and telling them what to do.

• @lovadamusic Brilliant, exactly that😎

• Ok, sorry Doug but this made me laugh out loud. 😊

• @gusgranite Seriously, I don’t even get the joke

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @gusgranite Seriously, I don’t even get the joke

Oh, I was just taking it as a bit of ‘creative snobbery’ banter. You know, be more original and don’t use GarageBand Drummer as your beats. Made me laugh anyway. Just a joke though. Appreciate the video as ever! 👍

• @gusgranite That’s want I thought Chris meant too, although I love GarageBand for many things including making Drum Patterns 😁

• What’s the closest similar drum app on iOS - one that I can use with another DAW?

• @Trentsongs All the Lumbeat Apps like Rock Drum Machine, Future Drummer, Soft Drummer and Funk Drummer

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Trentsongs All the Lumbeat Apps like Rock Drum Machine, Future Drummer, Soft Drummer and Funk Drummer

The problem with those are the fills. They sound great on their own but you cannot control them and frankly... most of the time they are too much for any song.

Drummer in garageband is better in my opinion if you want to record a complete song with proper fills.

• @Vlad11 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @Trentsongs All the Lumbeat Apps like Rock Drum Machine, Future Drummer, Soft Drummer and Funk Drummer

The problem with those are the fills. They sound great on their own but you cannot control them and frankly... most of the time they are too much for any song.

Drummer in garageband is better in my opinion if you want to record a complete song with proper fills.

Agreed, gave up with rock drum machine! GarageBand drummers take some beating in my opinion for ease, composition and Sounds. I really like the drummers!

• @Wrecked said:

@Vlad11 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

Agreed, gave up with rock drum machine! GarageBand drummers take some beating in my opinion for ease, composition and Sounds. I really like the drummers!

Can you convert them to midi to further customize ? Like in Logic?

• @Jimmy said:

@Wrecked said:

@Vlad11 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

No idea, wrong person to ask! Don’t think so, may have tried it, I did but to no avail. Think you can with the other finger drum kits etc! Sorry, somone with far more knowledge that me should pop in sooner or later.

• @Jimmy said:

@Wrecked said:

@Vlad11 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

No, but if you open the project in logic then you can do it.

• @mrufino1 said:

@Jimmy said:

@Wrecked said:

@Vlad11 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

Thank you

• edited April 2020

@Jimmy said:

@mrufino1 said:

@Jimmy said:

@Wrecked said:

@Vlad11 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

Thank you

If you don’t have logic and you want me to do it for you then you can send me the track and I’ll send you back the midi file, only takes a second.

Actually, if anyone in here wants that I can do it, all I have is time right now! I also can change the sounds for you or trigger others, I have Ik’s modo drum as well as the logic drum designer. They can even be exported as multitrack stems.

• @Jimmy said:

I remember being able to doing this but on the Mac version. You create an instrument track. Copy the drum track info and paste it onto the instrument track. Change the instrument to whatever drum set that you want. Hope I remember it correctly though!

• @mrufino1 said:

@Jimmy said:

@mrufino1 said:

@Jimmy said:

@Wrecked said:

@Vlad11 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

Thank you

If you don’t have logic and you want me to do it for you then you can send me the track and I’ll send you back the midi file, only takes a second.

Actually, if anyone in here wants that I can do it, all I have is time right now! I also can change the sounds for you or trigger others, I have Ik’s modo drum as well as the logic drum designer. They can even be exported as multitrack stems.

Really appreciate this but i have Logic too. I was looking for a way to do it on the ipad.