Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Digitakt & Grooverider GR-16 - wireless Midi - tips

I have seen some posts about using BT wireless midi from GR-16 to Digitakt. I recently got some quicco bt midi adapters and want to get some inputs on how you are using the two together and what workflows have sparked the best creativity?

Comments

• I do it exactly the other way 'round:
    Digitakt MIDI out > BT MIDI dongles > iPad with Groove Rider.
    You enable MIDI Clock out to h/w MIDI out on the Digitakt and in GR16, you go to Menu > Settings > MIDI Clock In = Allowed and MIDI In: Digitakt.
    GR16 will follow the Digitakt perfectly, you might have to adjust the Clock Latency to -10..-20ms to make the link dead-tight (if you have fine ears).

• GR-16 is a great match to the Digitakt, for a number of reasons:

• GR tracks are 4-voice polyphonic just like the DT MIDI tracks
    • GR adds the synthesis that's missing in the DT
    • Operating GR is somewhat similar to the DT
    • You can automate synth and FX parameters just like the P-Locks on the DT
    • You are free to choose whether you want to sequence the GR tracks from the DT or inside GR.
  • This is great info, I am now hooked up this way and addicted.

• So, when you program a sound in gr16, and then enable poly in the top right corner, you get poly from whatever sequence the digitakt is sending to it on that channel?

Or, are you having to go in and program all 4 notes in the digitakt to get them to play in gr?

I am having a hard time getting poly from gr16, even if I have programmed each of the 4 notes on a midi out track. It must be in my midi setup or settings.

• edited January 2019

@Breezee said:
    So, when you program a sound in gr16, and then enable poly in the top right corner, you get poly from whatever sequence the digitakt is sending to it on that channel?

Yes, exactly.

Or, are you having to go in and program all 4 notes in the digitakt to get them to play in gr?

Each part in GR16 has a MIDI channel, and since the Digitakt has 8 MIDI tracks, you can program 8 different 4-voice polyphonic tracks on it.
    You can enter the chords in the DT either in "Chromatic" mode or attach a MIDI keyboard and play them there.

I am having a hard time getting poly from gr16, even if I have programmed each of the 4 notes on a midi out track. It must be in my midi setup or settings.

What do you mean with "each of the 4 notes"?
    Have you entered them separately??
    You can play chords on the DT.