Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aphelian demos, songs, noodles. (add your creation)

edited January 2019 in Creations

Thought it might be good to have a thread for any Aphelian creations and demos. Soundcloud, youtube, Maxell cassette... whatever you got! 😊

This is a spacey drone:

Comments

• Nice! Hope to see more of this app and what everyone's doing with it, also curious if people are using it the send midi to other synths or using it's internal sounds

• Here is a downtempo initiated on Aphelian, then I added some Shoom and some very very slow samples

Seems that the blips and blops are now bbbbbliiiiiipppppsssss and blllloooooopppppssss ;o)

• @cuscolima said:
    Here is a downtempo initiated on Aphelian, then I added some Shoom and some very very slow samples

Seems that the blips and blops are now bbbbbliiiiiipppppsssss and blllloooooopppppssss ;o)

Spooky, dramatic, and atmospheric. Liking the slow burbling bassline underneath the samples. Insert into any movie thriller!

• @cuscolima the atmo is very convincing, nice sounds :+1:

• edited January 2019

Since the scenes don’t work properly (or since I’m daft - maybe both) here’s a rough sketch of a song (shorter than 9min :p ) done with Aphelian sequencing Mood, iSEM, Drums w FutureDrummer.

Many thanks to @JuanB

• edited January 2019

@audiblevideo said:
    Since the scenes don’t work properly (or since I’m daft - maybe both) here’s a rough sketch of a song (shorter than 9min :p ) done with Aphelian sequencing Mood, iSEM, Drums w FutureDrummer.

👍
    Nice groove! Aphelian seems to be making its mark as an excellent sequencer, along with the very capable 4 synths engines.

• @audiblevideo said:

Many thanks to @JuanB

Very cool track, congratulations . Aphelian really excel with a slow tempo and limited notes

• Here is my new Aphelian video tutorial showing how to use Scene and Song Mode

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is my new Aphelian video tutorial showing how to use Scene and Song Mode

👍
    Thanks! Most helpful look into the parts of Aphelian I have not gotten to yet. Very impressed so far with it. There are many excellent sequencer/arpeggiators for iOS. This is my favorite. (Anyone who hasn’t bought it yet but are considering it... just get it! And do it before the price goes up to the regular cost.😉)

• Who wants another Aphelian drone?!? Anyone? Hello?... (crickets)
    Well, fine... here’s one anyway! 😄

• edited January 2019

Noodle ditty sketch couple o bars (warning about midway it gets a little high and shrill in the lead. Didn’t have time to tamp that down :( )

Noir, Synthmaster, MV08, Crystaline, Quanta, RippleMaker

• @audiblevideo said:
    Noodle ditty sketch couple o bars (warning about midway it gets a little high and shrill in the lead. Didn’t have time to tamp that down :( )

Nice song and beat! It inspired me to try some breakdancing moves. The back spasms were worth it. 😄

• Having fun remixing a scene in “Live Mode”. (Would be cool if you could change scenes without having to leave Live Mode.) Love the graphics, top notch! Anyway here it is...

• @haulin_notes said:
    Having fun remixing a scene in “Live Mode”. (Would be cool if you could change scenes without having to leave Live Mode.) Love the graphics, top notch! Anyway here it is...

Oooo and pause or record the play heads!

• Same song. Mo better (?)

• Aphelian using its synth engines as a drum machine. (Not using the included drum sequencer).

• @haulin_notes said:
    Aphelian using its synth engines as a drum machine. (Not using the included drum sequencer).

NIce!

• @haulin_notes said:
    Aphelian using its synth engines as a drum machine. (Not using the included drum sequencer).

Do you have four hands or is there an automation feature I haven’t found for this screen? 😉

• edited January 2019

@espiegel123 said:

@haulin_notes said:

NIce!

Thanks!

@audiblevideo said:

@haulin_notes said:

Do you have four hands or is there an automation feature I haven’t found for this screen? 😉

Lol! Was using my.... erm, foot, 😄
    Srsy tho... just using two fingers of two hands to control the spinning “records” in live mode. Turned off each play button and did it manually.

• So, I deleted the other demos because they just didn't have a good mix.
    Here's a 'better' one and a different vibe, sonic pallet and tone – shoe-gazer guitar

• @JuanB You know what would be helpful as far as workflow goes?

• The ability to cut and paste individual orbits between scenes
    • Markers that tell you what key each section is in (or notes triggering)
    • On the orbit page for each colored part having
      • a grid toggle
      • a ghosted note display that mirrors the editing page (w toggle)

• And an undo/redo of at least one level

Seriously though, I'm having a blast!

• edited January 2019

An Aphelian jam session from Javier Belziti, a friend producer from Buenos Aires

Using Aphelian as a sequencer, connected to a computer with Cubase

:)

• I'm working on this!

• Another Aphelian jam session from Javier Belziti, using Aphelian as a sequencer

• @JuanB said:
    Another Aphelian jam session from Javier Belziti, using Aphelian as a sequencer

Great! Probably the best track using Aphelian I've seen yet!

• @JuanB

Thanks for sharing those demos. Sweet! 😻

• @JuanB said:
    Another Aphelian jam session from Javier Belziti, using Aphelian as a sequencer

Simply woaaa 👍🏻

How did he archieve that kind of swing ? I could“t find that option in Aphelian.

BTW: His setting would be an extremly cool demo project. It is totally different from the other demos and „so far out of reach“ from what i archieved with the app yet. I know jamming around adds a lot, but probabbly even the base project/song is of top musical quality.

• @haulin_notes said:
    Who wants another Aphelian drone?!? Anyone? Hello?... (crickets)
    Well, fine... here’s one anyway! 😄

Can you please make a tutorial how to make this or any other drone sound
    Thank you !!