Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bringing the Right Tools to the Gig - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

How to make sure your tools are chosen to fit the gig at hand!

Learn how here:

Comments

• Cool. Never seen those mute thingies (or the drop D mod) before, and the extra pickup is super slick (for more of the Jazz Bass sound?). (l have a Carvin guitar w/ picks that can be toggle-switched from dual to single coil, so I get get like Les Paul and Strat/Tele sounds all in one instrument, so I love that kinda thing).

Would be cool to hear some sound examples of all the different bass tones you can get!

• edited January 2019

@Lady_App_titude said:
    Cool. Never seen those mute thingies (or the drop D mod) before, and the extra pickup is super slick (for more of the Jazz Bass sound?). (l have a Carvin guitar w/ picks that can be toggle-switched from dual to single coil, so I get get like Les Paul and Strat/Tele sounds all in one instrument, so I love that kinda thing).

Would be cool to hear some sound examples of all the different bass tones you can get!

I'll be working on a video like that shortly - I've gotten a few comments about that bass. I just picked up a Behringer UMC404HD interface, so now I have enough inputs to pull it off.

Yes - the second pickup gets me in the ballpark of that classic Jaco Pastorius, Jazz bass bark that you can't get from a standard Precision bass. This is considered a PJ configuration (Precision/Jazz). It just gives me more easy options.

I'm a big fan of having all my bases covered when I hit the gig or the recording session. That way when I'm in the moment I can cater my tone to the tune without ever having to touch my amp. I can flip on or off the mutes mid-song, so if I want something muted for the verses but want to open up the tone for the chorus, I can do it on the fly. Same with the detuner - I can hit a low D or low C and then flip it back for the rest of the tune. Super convenient!

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Home run.

Thanks, Jon - I'm going to be expanding the range of the videos this year to include more non-iOS-related topics. I was concerned that folks might not be into it, but everyone's feedback (including yours) has been really positive.

• @Daveypoo said:

I'm a big fan of having all my bases covered

And all your basses covered. ;)

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@Daveypoo said:

I'm a big fan of having all my bases covered

And all your basses covered. ;)

I almost made that pun... Almost.

• Wait a minute... we can lust after hardware here too? Your video skills are solid and you have that radio voice to complement a rock face. Good job. Now I want more basses and I rarely touch the one I have but drool.

• @McDtracy said:
    Wait a minute... we can lust after hardware here too? Your video skills are solid and you have that radio voice to complement a rock face. Good job. Now I want more basses and I rarely touch the one I have but drool.

I don't think anyone has ever given me a finer compliment... Thanks! But no need for a new bass, just do what I did - improve the one you have with a few modifications.

• @Daveypoo said:
    But no need for a new bass, just do what I did - improve the one you have with a few modifications.

My Cort Bass makes an excellent tennis racket. I want that Fender Logo... Mustang, Precision, Jazz, Jaguar. Gear envy. It will pass if I waste $10 on a new app. It's like
    Methadone for a gear addict.

What App has the best bass samples? Not synth bass but similar to your Fender tones.

• edited January 2019

Hmmm - not sure. I have the bass so I don't need an app, y'know? šŸ˜

• @Daveypoo said:
    Hmmm - not sure. I have the bass so I don't need an app, y'know? šŸ˜

But you would recognize real quality. It's OK... it never hurts to ask experts for free expertise.
    Is there a Doctor in the house?

• edited January 2019

Dr Funkenstein is in the house...

• Doctor! It hurts when I pee. Is that something serious or just age related?
    (Nice shoes).

• @McDtracy said:

@Daveypoo said:
    But no need for a new bass, just do what I did - improve the one you have with a few modifications.

My Cort Bass makes an excellent tennis racket. I want that Fender Logo... Mustang, Precision, Jazz, Jaguar. Gear envy. It will pass if I waste $10 on a new app. It's like
    Methadone for a gear addict.

What App has the best bass samples? Not synth bass but similar to your Fender tones.

I use Tonestack and JamUp for bass. Iā€™m really liking the barky thumpy tone Iā€™m getting through Tonestack with a fretless 4 string with flat wounds right now.