Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone know of any guitar effects rack apps that are Auv3?

Comments

• edited January 2019

So far just one I believe

Tonebridge Guitar Effects by Ultimate Guitar
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tonebridge-guitar-effects/id1117291846?mt=8

• @stormbeats said:
    Thanks in advance

ToneStack was said to be coming as AUv3 - that was probably several months ago .. who knows when it will come.

• I’ve been getting really great results with all the Audio Damage AU Effects! I only add ToneStack to the mix for the pitch shift effect but I’m definitely waiting for it to be AU.

• Cheers everyone @supadom will check that out for sure Thanks

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I’ve been getting really great results with all the Audio Damage AU Effects! I only add ToneStack to the mix for the pitch shift effect but I’m definitely waiting for it to be AU.

Yup. AD FX rock the guitar.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I’ve been getting really great results with all the Audio Damage AU Effects! I only add ToneStack to the mix for the pitch shift effect but I’m definitely waiting for it to be AU.

Are there plans to go AU?

• virsyn AudioEffX.

if you're using audiobus or AUM, any effect can become part of the 'rack'. serial or parallel.

• @frond said:

virsyn AudioEffX.

if you're using audiobus or AUM, any effect can become part of the 'rack'. serial or parallel.

Thanks I have AudioEffx but really want guitar effects racks so can add compressors etc the whole suite in Au as a sort of channel strip across several tracks .

• I haven’t got it yet but ReAmp by Klevgrand looks like another great AU effect for guitars.

• I hear all the people advocating the use of separate existing AU effects instead of a dedicated app like ToneStack but I’m just sooo addicted to a decent sounding spring reverbs! ;)

• Try out the 2 free Audio Damage plugins, RoughRider2 and FuzzPlus3.
    I think they sound killer. Quatromod is another great one for guitar FX, but costs a little.

But for an all in one AU guitar centric app, I think Tonebridge is all there is.

• @supadom said:
    I hear all the people advocating the use of separate existing AU effects instead of a dedicated app like ToneStack but I’m just sooo addicted to a decent sounding spring reverbs! ;)

Agreed and to be able to further add compression or eq or stomp box effects...all in one stack

• Those effect are nice but at the end you need a cab sim. Does any app on iOS load IR ?

• @ecou said:
    Those effect are nice but at the end you need a cab sim. Does any app on iOS load IR ?

@ecou i just use stomp boxes/pedals

• Hi,
    I agree there should be more guitar effect/cab sim AUs on iOS. As already stated Tonebridge is the only AU. Tonestack is my current favourite, but not AU atm. Cheers! ✨

• @ecou There are a few. iconvolver, Fiddlicator

• Guitar folks might want to drop me message, I've got a bunch of betas for you to check out.

• @ecou said:
    Those effect are nice but at the end you need a cab sim. Does any app on iOS load IR ?

Fiddlicator, Rooms, Altispace all load IRs

• @espiegel123 said:

@ecou said:

Ok cheers for info Thanks everyone Sure do need more devs to do some AU apps

• @mjcouche said:
    @ecou There are a few. iconvolver, Fiddlicator

@espiegel123 said:

@ecou said:

Thank you guys, I had downloaded Fiddlicator but not gotten around to start exploring it.

• edited January 2019

@ecou said:

@mjcouche said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ecou said:

Thank you guys, I had downloaded Fiddlicator but not gotten around to start exploring it.

@ecou nothing to my ears beats Altispace All Igors plugins although are IAA are excellent Saying that I recently purchased Virsyn Audioreverb. which is Au and IR based Very impressed . Does not have preset storing though maybe in stand alone I have not checked -so maybe save within a project template.
    EDIT : Virsyn AudioReverb saves presets in standalone - i think if you use Cubasis can save Au presets but not in my case with Bm3

• edited January 2019

@ecou Altispace video Listen with headphones

• @stormbeats said:

@ecou said:

@mjcouche said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ecou said:

@ecou nothing to my ears beats Altispace All Igors plugins although are IAA are excellent Saying that I recently purchased Virsyn Audioreverb. which is Au and IR based Very impressed . Does not have preset storing though maybe in stand alone I have not checked -so maybe save within a project template.
    EDIT : Virsyn AudioReverb saves presets in standalone - i think if you use Cubasis can save Au presets but not in my case with Bm3

I like Altispace a lot but wish it didn't max out 10 seconds.

• @espiegel123 said:

@stormbeats said:

@ecou said:

@mjcouche said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ecou said:

@espiegel123 not sure what you mean Are you talking about reverb tail? Sustain etc?

• @ka010 said:
    Guitar folks might want to drop me message, I've got a bunch of betas for you to check out.

You’re kicking it!

• @stormbeats said:

@espiegel123 said:

@stormbeats said:

@ecou said:

@mjcouche said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ecou said:

@espiegel123 not sure what you mean Are you talking about reverb tail? Sustain etc?

Altispace seems to truncate IRs to 8.5 seconds long regardless of the original IR length. So, if you have an IR for an immense space with a long reverb, it truncates it.

• Audio Damage Grind distortion!
    Certainly not as sophisticated as this one

But at a fraction of its price B)

• edited January 2019

@espiegel123 said:

@stormbeats said:

@espiegel123 said:

@stormbeats said:

@ecou said:

@mjcouche said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ecou said:

Altispace seems to truncate IRs to 8.5 seconds long regardless of the original IR length. So, if you have an IR for an immense space with a long reverb, it truncates it.

Ok 8.5 seconds Max is enough for my projects Thanks for info though

• @stormbeats said:

@ecou said:

@mjcouche said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ecou said:

I would use a IR loader to stay in AU world with AU effect. For iAA I have Bias doing a great job.