Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus midi learn IAP | midi learn Blocs Wave

Comments

• edited January 2019

Cool video thanks, that shows some interesting capabilities for using Blocswave live! AB midi learn is huge!!

• Great tip about controlling the Audiobus 3 menu buttons with MIDI.

• Thanks guys. I don’t know why it’s taken me this long to dive into it. Great job on the midi implementation @Michael

• edited January 2019

Cheers Mitch tried it out for myself a great way to live Loop. Will give it a go with loopy aswell tomorrow.

• Interesting video Mitch.

Haven't dabbled with MIDI Learn yet but your video gives me enough motivation to give it a try.

• @Jumpercollins it works well with loopy as well for simple looping commands. Although loopy has such a robust midi repository of options built into itself.

@Jocphone its worth the small price. It really opens up some doors with other apps.

• I think this will work particularly well with the other ampify apps and a launchkey...
    With the launchkey you have the incontrol mode which means you have midi output selectable on 2 channels....the apps use incontrol mode, so you can use the non incontrol mode to map to AB actions.

I currently do this when hosting the apps in AUM using non incontrol mode to map to AUM transport and mixer. The AB solution has the added benefit of giving the record control of blocs and app switching as shown in the video which i don't think is possible in AUM.

• this is a great feature in the new AB 3 Midi Learn. Not only are the icons for each app midi-learnable but any app’s Audiobus Remote features should also be midi-learnable.

• @Hmtx I haven't checked out Audiobus Remote to see. I need to do that.

@AndyPlankton Audiobus is the first app to figure out how to switch apps with midi.

• edited January 2019

@gmslayton yeah, thats the thing, you don't need Audiobus Remote. You just tap on MIDI Learn in Audiobus and if an app has Remote triggers they will be MIDI learnable! (just tap on the three dots next to the other app triggers)

• @Hmtx ok, now I understand. I need to get a list of apps with remote triggers and such and do a quick tip video on that.

• right! Actually, the example I used above isn't working correctly. Patterning lists those remote triggers, but I can only bind "MUTE". Something isn't registered right with Patterning.

A good example that works well is Sector. It has 12 different Remote triggers that can all be MIDI mapped in Audiobus.

• @Hmtx I saw all the triggers with Sector. I never really used Audiobus Remote so not a lot of real world experience with it.

• edited January 2019

same here, I haven't used it a lot but if all the Remote triggers are opened up to external MIDI that's a different story :+1: B)

• @Hmtx said:
    A good example that works well is Sector. It has 12 different Remote triggers that can all be MIDI mapped in Audiobus.

This is exactly the power that's in the MIDI learn in AB3 that I keep waiting for the masses to understand. It really does feel less like a modular environment when you hook it all up with MIDI. Hope it continues to evolve in this direction!

• @gmslayton said:
    @Jocphone its worth the small price. It really opens up some doors with other apps.

Oh I already bought it because.. Audiobus.
    But I was saying your video might spur me on to actually have a go at using it.