Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - January 2019

What is the Song of the Month Club?

It's a place where musicians come to give and receive feedback on their work. Anyone is welcome, whatever their level of ability.

The spirit of the club is to contribute: if you submit a song for others to comment on, you should also have the courtesy to listen to everyone else's contributions and give as much feedback as possible. Posting a track and not listening and commenting on others is not cool.

The purpose of feedback is to be honest. Essentially you should give your truthful impressions of the song, whether good or bad. Negative feedback, if done in the right spirit and with courtesy, can be the most useful and can help the artist to grow and improve and correct their mistakes.

All submissions are welcome, don't hesitate if you want to contribute. We like all kinds of music and we are particularly fond of vocals (but of course we still love a great instrumental). If you are thinking of experimenting with vocals this is a good place to get started.

We ask that you only post one song per month in this thread - if you're lucky enough to be able to produce more, then please just submit your strongest material

And finally, iOS is not a requirement for posting here. If you've recorded your song using nothing but a ukulele and a Fostex 4 track, that's fine.

Comments

• This is the 48th consecutive month that SOTMC has run :)

My entry for the month, it's an instrumental this time:

• 48 month is a 4 year anniversary, congrats on keeping it going @richardyot !

I like your moody track that is garden like and alive but also seems to have a dark winter vibe. Some interesting sounds in there.

• @1nsomniak said:
    48 month is a 4 year anniversary, congrats on keeping it going @richardyot !

I like your moody track that is garden like and alive but also seems to have a dark winter vibe. Some interesting sounds in there.

Thanks! It's been an amazing journey, and I've made some great friends along the way, and lots of fantastic tracks have been submitted in that time.

• Ill put one in, had some fun with Troublemaker making this funky acid house number...

• @richardyot said:
    This is the 48th consecutive month that SOTMC has run :)

Nice on Richard... Very relaxing...

• @1nsomniak said:
    Ill put one in, had some fun with Troublemaker making this funky acid house number...

Lovely bit of Acid mate... Nicely mixed... Love it!... ;)

• @1nsomniak said:
    Ill put one in, had some fun with Troublemaker making this funky acid house number...

Very nice groove and cool sounds.

• That was my comment for the holiday season. A gadget production, as usual:

Would love to hear some comments.

• @richardyot said:

Great flow, and I love the drum sound. What did you use except Auria?

• edited January 2019

@richardyot said:

Nice Richard - bit of an 80's vibe but soothing in a Japan-ish way.

@1nsomniak said:

Nice song structure there - when I do that sort of thing I find it difficult to get breakdowns and changes in, but that's nicely done.

@LeonKowalski said:
    That was my comment for the holiday season. A gadget production, as usual:

Good track - I wouldn't guess it was done in Gadget, so has it's own personality. The bass sound and lead synth are really good too.

• @LeonKowalski said:

@richardyot said:

Thanks - the track was mostly composed in Gadget, with Chiang Mai and Darwin.

• edited January 2019

@LeonKowalski said:

Excellent track with great atmospheres and textures, and the melodic bassline is really epic sounding. There is a great groove and some interesting changes to keep the interest going. Fantastic dark vibe.

Probably the best bass line I've heard all year! Love the synth lead at the end as well. Groove, melody, vibe, and originality - what more can you ask for?

• @richardyot said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@richardyot said:

Thanks - the track was mostly composed in Gadget, with Chiang Mai and Darwin.

Great! Another gadgeteer! 😁

• edited January 2019

@MonzoPro said:
    Good track - I wouldn't guess it was done in Gadget, so has it's own personality. The bass sound and lead synth are really good too.

Well, Gadget with the help of the Korg IAPs (Module, iOdyssey, iMonoPoly etc.) can produce quite some different styles. The bass is a slightly tweaked preset of Lexington (iOdyssey), the lead comes from Montpellier (iMonoPoly).

• @richardyot said:

@LeonKowalski said:

Excellent track with great atmospheres and textures, and the melodic bassline is really epic sounding. There is a great groove and some interesting changes to keep the interest going. Fantastic dark vibe.

Probably the best bass line I've heard all year! Love the synth lead at the end as well. Groove, melody, vibe, and originality - what more can you ask for?

Thanks a lot, really appreciate your comment. All year? 2018 or 2019?😈😁

• @LeonKowalski said:
    All year? 2018 or 2019?😈😁

Both :D

• edited January 2019

• @richardyot this is something im not used to hearing coming from you, i really like your drums they fit in the mix really nice, that breathy like sinth is triped out. i was not sure if it was you i was listening to, and i kept hearing voices popping thru the mix but i guess its what i wanted to hear that or lack of sleep from tracking and living up to my name like always. good work on keeping this place going , it feels like home coming back to it

• @trackedout said:
    @richardyot this is something im not used to hearing coming from you, i really like your drums they fit in the mix really nice, that breathy like sinth is triped out. i was not sure if it was you i was listening to, and i kept hearing voices popping thru the mix but i guess its what i wanted to hear that or lack of sleep from tracking and living up to my name like always. good work on keeping this place going , it feels like home coming back to it

Thanks! I was taking a break from vocals, but they'll be back next month. The great thing about instrumentals is that they're so much quicker to create, I can knock them out really quick compared to anything that requires vocals. So in December I created 5 tracks instead of my usual one or two.

• Hi everybody! New to the forum, but looking to become an active member of the SOTMC. Here is my first submission (made 100% on my iPad). Be nice....just kidding, be honest! I will look forward to listening to orhers’ tracks soon and providing helpful comments. Thank you!!

@gusgranite You had expressed interest a couple weeks ago when I first joined AB...here you go!

• Happy New Year everyone... A New year... A new entry.. But now I can share "Snippet" tracks. I had to do it for certain reasons.. (I just had to put about over 800 of my tracks into Sound Clouds Private Only Playlist.. Bloody Pain in the Arse that was!!!... ).... ;) … Also, on the positive side, the songs wont go on for a long time, like they did in the past... :D

• edited January 2019

A

• Not a massive amount of iPad on this one (just a bit of Thumbjam played live), mostly Maschine/Reason, but hope you enjoy it anyway:

• @marmakin said:
    Hi everybody! New to the forum, but looking to become an active member of the SOTMC. Here is my first submission (made 100% on my iPad). Be nice....just kidding, be honest! I will look forward to listening to orhers’ tracks soon and providing helpful comments. Thank you!!

@gusgranite You had expressed interest a couple weeks ago when I first joined AB...here you go!

I thought the guitar lead was good, nice sound a pretty melodic. I wasn't so keen on the piano backing, it's a bit relentless and repetitive - I think it would have been better with a more musical harmonic backing, even if it's just a chord progression. Also the drums didn't have much groove or variation, which was a shame as those two factors let down the lead guitar a bit. A think a backing that was more musical and with a better groove, as well as some changes to give a greater sense of journey and progression, would really help to highlight the guitar.

• @trackedout said:

Very nice vocal melody and delivery, I like that a lot. The musical backing was a bit too loose timing-wise though, could definitely do with being a bit tighter IMO.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Not a massive amount of iPad on this one (just a bit of Thumbjam played live), mostly Maschine/Reason, but hope you enjoy it anyway:

Great track Monzo mate... Really good throughout. Really enjoyed listening to it... ;)

• @trackedout said:

Nice, gret sound on the guitar...and vocals a bit Flaming Lips-y!

@studs1966 said:
    Happy New Year everyone... A New year... A new entry.. But now I can share "Snippet" tracks. I had to do it for certain reasons.. (I just had to put about over 800 of my tracks into Sound Clouds Private Only Playlist.. Bloody Pain in the Arse that was!!!... ).... ;) … Also, on the positive side, the songs wont go on for a long time, like they did in the past... :D

Blimey that's good stuff! Proper job!

@studs1966 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Not a massive amount of iPad on this one (just a bit of Thumbjam played live), mostly Maschine/Reason, but hope you enjoy it anyway:

Great track Monzo mate... Really good throughout. Really enjoyed listening to it... ;)

Thank you - glad you enjoyed it :)

• edited January 2019

Love the mix of styles, all!

@1nsomniak Like others said, the track has a great groove. Nice slithery acid sound.

@LeonKowalski Love the surprise stadium sized monster synth lead at the end!!

@trackedout Very cool effects on your nice vocal line! I was a little confused by the drums and silence at the end of the track (unless I missed something).

@studs1966 Catchy disco soul track! I feel like this track would be a crowd pleaser anywhere.

@MonzoPro I particularly enjoyed the delayed climbing synth line at about the 2min mark.

And last but certainly not least @richardyot Thank you for your feedback and your efforts to provide a place to share ideas and constructive comments. Your track has great atmospherics and the production quality is something to aspire to!

• @marmakin said:
    @LeonKowalski Love the surprise stadium sized monster synth lead at the end!!

Thank you! Sometimes you just have to go big! 😆

• @studs1966 said:
    Happy New Year everyone... A New year... A new entry.. But now I can share "Snippet" tracks. I had to do it for certain reasons.. (I just had to put about over 800 of my tracks into Sound Clouds Private Only Playlist.. Bloody Pain in the Arse that was!!!... ).... ;) … Also, on the positive side, the songs wont go on for a long time, like they did in the past... :D

I don‘t understand anything of what you are explaining😬, but that is a great track!