Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SAMPLR on ois 12

I just installed samplr on my iPad after reading that it was working fine on the new iOS. I can't record using the onboard mic from the iPad. The app didn't ask for permission to use the mic like the apps (cubasis/gadget) I have yet to try with an external mic. Anyone having the same issue?

Comments

• @oskr
    Works, fine here.
    Go to Settings/Samplr and enable Mic manually.

• Thanks rcccp, are you running 12.1.1? I tried manually when I first installed it and didn't work. ( settings/privacy/microphone) The app doesn't even show in the list of apps in settings. I re-install it just in case something went wrong the first time. No luck. I'm using audioshare to record and import. Not what I was expecting. Bummer.

• IMO the best way to record into Samplr is using loopy within audiobus. Especially when you want the recording to be in perfect sync with Samplr's tempo.

Anyway, Samplr on 12 should work in standalone too.

• I have the new IPad Pro, and the rec in doesn’t work.
    It works fine on my old IPad Air 2.
    They both have the last IOS

• edited January 2019

waiting with bated breath

• Dear god another update tease. The White Whale.

• @Orlando said:

I have the new IPad Pro, and the rec in doesn’t work.
    It works fine on my old IPad Air 2.
    They both have the last IOS

It works on my pro 10.5 but when recording mix it is behind by a fraction, just as it’s always been.

Yeah, THAT update...sigh

• edited January 2019

@marmakin said:
    Dear god another update tease. The White Whale.

I am strongly in the no Gods for me thank you camp apart from as regards Samplr wherein I stand here by the roadside with a will pray for update sign...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@marmakin said:

I am strongly in the no Gods for me thank you camp apart from as regards Samplr wherein I stand here by the roadside with a will pray for update sign...

We should all reply on twitter or Samplr's other social media accounts about how much we look forward to a new version!

• @espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@marmakin said:

We should all reply on twitter or Samplr's other social media accounts about how much we look forward to a new version!

Was going to add my silly line on Twitter but couldn't find the thread...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@marmakin said:

Was going to add my silly line on Twitter but couldn't find the thread...

I couldn't either. Maybe if we post and @ him, he'll notice :)

• fwiw: the Samplr Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/SamplrApp/

• Maybe he’s referring to the next point iOS update :o

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@marmakin said:

🤣😂🤣

precisely that seeing as it’s still such a fantastic thing in terms of design, features & usability, even after all these years. such a joy to use, would likely be my desert island app if i had to pick.

• April 15th, still no update. No mic permissions. Maybe when GOT is over..

• @mrgum6y said:
    April 15th, still no update. No mic permissions. Maybe when GOT is over..

GOT won't be over until G. R. R. Martin writes the final book. The TV show is
    one idea of an ending like "Fan Fiction". What ever they come up with George
    will take it somewhere else.

• George won't write the final book until Alonso updates samplr with panning.

• @kobamoto said:
    George won't write the final book until Alonso updates samplr with panning.

😂

• Glad to know samplr will work for longer!

• @kobamoto said:
    George won't write the final book until Alonso updates samplr with panning.

🤣

• Confirmed samplr working on iPad os?

• @gmslayton said:
    Works for me @reasOne

AND IT CAN RECORD AUDIO AGAIN!!!

• @slicetwo record audio as in? from he built in mic? or Audio interface? via Audiobus? let me know and I can test.

I know it does with the internal mic.

• @gmslayton said:
    @slicetwo record audio as in? from he built in mic? or Audio interface? via Audiobus? let me know and I can test.

I know it does with the internal mic.

Built in mic. That didn't work for me on 12 before.

• Confirm that samplr works on iPadOS 13.1.3
    (It asks for mic permissions on next run)

So he meant next update to ios not the app! Crazy!
    Feels like we have got a man on the inside..