Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRC Update produces a hard crack and then disables audio

tjatja
edited January 2019 in General App Discussion

Just starting the App with the Preset "Aspirate", playing some notes and then 3 notes at the same time, gives a realy hard crack and then audio is disabled.

I tried 3 times, every time the same.

After killing the App, sound comes back... till the next test with 3 notes.

iPad Pro 9.7 with latest iOS

Comments

• No problem here, even with that patch.

• Why not just add this to the current thread and tag the developer do they can fix the bug?

• Yes, the dev got right back to me when I was having a problem.

@tja - Did you you try re-entering your profile information in standalone? For some reason, the loud popping sound stopped after I did that.

• tjatja
    edited January 2019

@gusgranite said:
    Why not just add this to the current thread and tag the developer do they can fix the bug?

You mean the mega thread?
    Of course not, as this is a different topic.
    Also, I noticed that the was no new DRC thread for the AU version update.
    A new one would have been better.

Threads should have a (single) topic, IMHO.

And this was not to contact the developer, but to warn fellow members.
    I was fearing that this hard crack may destroy the iPad speaker!
    Did not upgrade my other devices.

• @ALB said:
    Yes, the dev got right back to me when I was having a problem.

@tja - Did you you try re-entering your profile information in standalone? For some reason, the loud popping sound stopped after I did that.

What do you mean with re-entering the profile information?
    I only opened the standalone and played the keyboard, without changing anything.

So you did also get this hard crack?

• edited January 2019

Hey @sinosoidal this issue is a real problem. I am currently running the latest TestFlight release but also experienced it. Also using an iPad Pro 9.7 runnin iOS 12.1. My whole iPad audio is disabled, cannot even hear anything in the YouTube app anymore.

Two guesses: It may have something to do with the login screen or with moving the iPad. The cracks appeared for me when I moved the iPad. Sounds silly, but when I only had it on my table it didn‘t do anything. Also, the volume slider has no effect on the crack, it is incredibly loud regardless wether the volume is low or high.

/edit

Okay, restarting the iPad brings back audio. Also, it has nothing to do with moving the iPad. It is not related to the specific preset either. Got it with „Exploding Engines“ as well. How strangely appropriate. Further investigation: It is not connected to note inputs. I also get it just waiting and doing nothing. I am currently logged in as well, so that did not help either. It‘s two cracks by the way. I could be wrong but the second one sounds a little different.

I am clueless. I think I will stop trying for a moment because that crack really scares me :lol:

• I've been experiencing similar issues but hopefully Nuno can get more use cases now to track down the bug. I seem to have less issues in apeMatrix for some reason, probably a good idea to state which host you are using.

soft resetting the ipad with the home button/ power button also brings the audio back btw

• @Carnbot said:
    I've been experiencing similar issues but hopefully Nuno can get more use cases now to track down the bug. I seem to have less issues in apeMatrix for some reason, probably a good idea to state which host you are using.

soft resetting the ipad with the home button/ power button also brings the audio back btw

I've been using the standalone version.

Also, that soft resetting is also what I meant by restarting.

• have you purchased the full synth engine?

• @tja understood. I just thought the developer would want to know. Sounds nasty.

• @tja said:

@ALB said:

I only opened the standalone and played the keyboard, without changing anything.

I got a very hard pop/crack in the new version, but when I re-entered my profile in settings it went away.

• @ALB said:

@tja said:

@ALB said:

I got a very hard pop/crack in the new version, but when I re-entered my profile in settings it went away.

I re-entered my profile information then got a message about entering my activation code? Did you have to do this? What activation code?

• Well I think I just blew my ears out. Got the same pop and wow! Too bad. This had some decent sounds.

• edited January 2019

Same on an iPhone 5S, using the patch Reece. Standalone DRC.

• FWIW I do not get this at all. Air 1 iOS 12.1.1

• Yes, I get it too on the Reece patch, had to play the keyboard a fair bit until it popped.

• edited January 2019

Guess this is more of an issue with the so called 'Pro' devices which seem to be more of 'a bag of hurt' than 'Pro' ;)
    Apart from a few Ram, Cpu and preset/restore-related issues during beta it's been a smooth sail on my ancient Air 2, iOS12.1.1 and the release version works very well without any issues...

• edited January 2019

Yah I got this in BM3 with DRC on my ipad6. I have the full synth engine and was using a custom patch. One loud POW and a huge reverb tail within seconds of playback of the loaded session. Removed DRC from the session and it seems ok now.

• @p_bow said:

@ALB said:

@tja said:

@ALB said:

I re-entered my profile information then got a message about entering my activation code? Did you have to do this? What activation code?

This confused me too, at first. I just left that part blank, closed the app and rebooted my ipad. Works fine now, no pop/crack, and best of all, my presets are available on the cloud.

• edited January 2019

Just experienced the Pop of Doom on my iPad Mini 4 using standalone DRC. The Reece patch did it for me as well.

Opened KEW and tried to play something, but audio was dead. Shutting down the iPad mini and restarting fixed it. Avoiding DRC for now. Glad I wasn’t using headphones and had the volume low when that happened!

• I’m having audio dropping out in NS2. Not getting pops but it just goes away, coming back intermittently on one track while a second track works fine.

• @overorange said:
    Just experienced the Pop of Doom on my iPad Mini 4 using standalone DRC. The Reece patch did it for me as well.

Opened KEW and tried to play something, but audio was dead. Shutting down the iPad mini and restarting fixed it. Avoiding DRC for now. Glad I wasn’t using headphones and had the volume low when that happened!

One thing you can do for quicker restarts (more like memory refreshes) is hold down the power button and when the slide button comes up just hold down the home button for a few seconds and it does a quick memory refresh without need for a reboot. Vital for iOS music in these unfortunately still early days of woe.

• @Samu said:
    Guess this is more of an issue with the so called 'Pro' devices which seem to be more of 'a bag of hurt' than 'Pro' ;)
    Apart from a few Ram, Cpu and preset/restore-related issues during beta it's been a smooth sail on my ancient Air 2, iOS12.1.1 and the release version works very well without any issues...

No pops here on air 2 either.....perhaps those ‘Pro’ devices should be renamed ‘Poo’ :D

• tjatja
    edited January 2019

I de- and re-installed the App, restored the purchases - and the problem seems to be gone!

But I have lost my installed patches, and am not sure that I can find them again.
    Which filename ending is used for DRC patches?

Also, I now discovered the "profile" with user name and password.
    For what is this, please?

• @tja said:
    I de- and re-installed the App, restored the purchases - and the problem seems to be gone!

No, 1 minute later it happens again.
    Needs a fix.

Is the developer forum member?

• edited January 2019

@tja said:

Also, I now discord the "profile" with user name and password.

It's mainly for storing patches 'in the cloud' so you can easily share & sync them between your devices (iOS, Android and Desktop).

In the long run I've understood it could be used to allow DRC users to share patches with each other.
    (So I could in theory have a folder with your presets and you could have some of mine and they would be kept in sync).

• @Samu said:

@tja said:

Also, I now discord the "profile" with user name and password.

It's mainly for storing patches 'in the cloud' so you can easily share & sync them between your devices (iOS, Android and Desktop).

Many thanks!

I would though prefer plain iCloud support... but with multiple platforms, I can kind of understand.

• @tja said:

I would though prefer plain iCloud support... but with multiple platforms, I can kind of understand.

(Added a few lines to my original reply but you were so fast to reply lol....).

• tjatja
    edited January 2019

Found @sinosoidal
    Your username does not realy hint to "DRC", which would be nice when starting with "@ and then adding drc" to see those users who could be from this developer.
    Just a hint ;)

Michael would sure change it for you!

• @Samu said:

@tja said:

(Added a few lines to my original reply but you were so fast to reply lol....).

Ah, thanks for the additional information - this would indeed even for me be interesting, as I normally reject any logins somewhere.

I also fixed my "discord" from above but your quote saved it for the future world
    :)