Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Damage Discord 4 midi shift control

Has anybody had success in using Discord 4 midi shift control?

AppStore description has some lines about midi control, and manual shows a midi shift button. But iOS version doesn’t have this button. I tried in AUM, perhaps a midi routing limit?

Comments

• If you use it as an AU in AUM you can set up MIDI controls by tapping the channel name in AUM at the bottom of the screen, then selecting the parameters you want to control and assigning a CC number.

• edited January 2019

@e121 said:
    If you use it as an AU in AUM you can set up MIDI controls by tapping the channel name in AUM at the bottom of the screen, then selecting the parameters you want to control and assigning a CC number.

There is a feature on desktop version which allows to change pitch shift intervals in real-time with a midi keyboard, this was what I was searching for. Just received a mail from AD, that feature is disabled on iOS waiting for GarageBand to allow for midi AU!!

I will use Voicesynth, works well for that purpose but is a bit ressource intensive. When Discord4 will get midi pitch control that will be interesting.

Now, Apple give us THE big GB update for NAMM please!! :s :D

• A MIDI controller like ChordPolyPad might do the trick. All you would need to do is set up each pad to send a certain amount, though CPP lets you set a range not an amount, and the smallest range is 1 (40-41, 57-58, etc.).

Or you could get one of the fully customizable controllers, like Lemur. There are others, but names are not coming to mind.

Basically you just need a trigger to send CC messages, and that have the ability to send custom values as well. It’s not that far fetched of a scenario you are looking for, and that’s more or less what MIDI controllers are designed for.

Maybe someone else can chime in with names of customizable ones beyond Lemur.

• edited January 2019

@e121 said:
    A MIDI controller like ChordPolyPad might do the trick. All you would need to do is set up each pad to send a certain amount, though CPP lets you set a range not an amount, and the smallest range is 1 (40-41, 57-58, etc.).

Or you could get one of the fully customizable controllers, like Lemur. There are others, but names are not coming to mind.

Basically you just need a trigger to send CC messages, and that have the ability to send custom values as well. It’s not that far fetched of a scenario you are looking for, and that’s more or less what MIDI controllers are designed for.

Maybe someone else can chime in with names of customizable ones beyond Lemur.

That's a very cool idea, thanks! :smiley:

BTW, have you seen WiDI MIDI Studio?

• @rs2000 said:
    BTW, have you seen WiDI MIDI Studio?

I just saw it while searching for MIDI Controllers, haven't looked into it.

MIDI Designer Pro 2 is another one. I own it and had deleted it a while back, just didn't want to get into creating controllers, but downloaded it again and may try this set up.

One other thing, MIDI Designer Pro 2 let's you build custom designs on iPhone while Lemur does not, you have to use a desktop application.

• MIDI Designer Pro 2 works for this. It gets a little tricky for the amount, because you’re given a range of 0-127 to work with, then you have to set it up yourself which may be an obstacle if you don’t know what you’re doing. It works though. The app is a quality app for it’s kind, good reviews and all.

• @e121 said:
    MIDI Designer Pro 2 works for this. It gets a little tricky for the amount, because you’re given a range of 0-127 to work with...

There's also a much bigger range option that goes into the thousands, so you can be more precise.

A few other cool tidbits: Use control to control other controls, snap back to default values on the X/Y pad, custom images...

Why did I delete this again?!?